Wrath of the Lich King cinematic trailer

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Undead campaign TFT when you're going towards Icecrowne with Anub'arak. I don't remember what mission, but there's blue dragons guarding a cave if I recall. Sapphiron and whelps or something or other. Sapphiron is a blue dragon. You kill him and Arthas revives him as punishment for challening him. I dunno if they ever mention blue dragons, but Sapphiron is clearly a blue dragon - he's blue.

I doubt they have to be made specificially blue dragons, but that's the only example we've seen so far.

In ages past, the ancient Dragons who were near death flew to the land of Northrend to die. To this day there are entire Dragon graveyards that are littered with massive petrified bones and skulls. When Ner'zhul the Lich King took control of Northrend, he used his powerful magics to raise the ancient Dragon skeletons from the dead. Now the skeletal Dragons radiate cold power and think of nothing other than serving their dark master. Frost Wyrms have a cold-based breath weapon that can do shattering damage to enemies both on the ground and in the air.
Frost wyrms are the skeletal remains of blue dragons killed by the Scourge, and the remains of other types of dragons from the Dragonblight, converted into undead minions of the Scourge.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
so actually it still a frostwyrm since its skeletal and dead. Long time ago when they were still alive they were called blue dragon, then the lich king revived and rename them to frostwyrm.

anyway saphiron still looks like a frostwyrm but just bigger and bluer.

so thats the story. thank you for the info jenny.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
?Great more opportunities for Blizzard to **** with the lore.
Care to explain? The only thing I can really think of is how Muradin Bronzebeard is still alive and so is that Baelgun guy or whatever. Doesn't seem *too* far-fetched.

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
It doesn't hurt lore. It creates it. Just like in TFT's cinematic when Illidan raises the Naga. That was right out of left field. I don't see how this is any different. It isn't disturbing any previous lore. We know blue dragons dislike Arthas, we know some reside in Northrend, we know he can resurrect them. So it doesn't 'hurt' the lore because nothing has changed.

This is completely different from something like the Draenei being residents of Draenor/Outland and then all of a sudden being from space or Bloodelves becoming Pallys by stealing a Naaru, or whatever.
My complaint is just that no one has obviously heard of the dragon "Sindragosa". There are tons of blue dragons that can come into play, that has been recognized by novels, roleplaying games, etc.

But I guess your right, this has happened for a while and shouldn't be shocking.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Sapphiron is killed in Naxxramas, just before Kel'Thuzad. That, if you can kill an undead.

I'll assume Sindragosa was Malygos consort or something, and died long ago in the War of the Ancients, or from Neltharion's treason.

Who knows whatever reason they thought of. But it is as Jenny said, this has nothing to do with lore, really. If anything, it creates it.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Everything that has happened between TFT and WOW + expansions has been really, really gay.
Gay as in new/different?

I mean obvious retcons are obvious, but nothing seems really out of place so far.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
It's a shame they've already killed off the characters I thought were most interesting. Kael'Thas and Illidan... well maybe not so much Illidan.

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
They come back in wrath so sapphiron is still alive and so is the rest of the bosses and such. Blizzard can pull out so much lore out of their ass that this game can go on and on for a good while. They still also have quite a ton of lore to make into games for example, Deathwing. I'm pretty sure they'll also make the other hero classes later on, like Demon hunter, Mountain King, etc from war3. These bastards make so much money =\

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
Death Knight is not a hero class. It is just a overpowered class at the moment :p. I would love to see hero classes however. Examples could be Rogues -> Warden, or Mages -> Lich. The only thing is that Blizzard has to be extremely careful not to make the same mistakes Sony did for SWG.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
they should skip hero classes altogether and make a burning legion faction u can play with.

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
I foresee a problem if that happens. Mostly underpopulation unless they can make the Alliance and Horde somehow convert into the Burning Legion. It would be exciting PvP-Wise though.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
because warcraft was a perfectly good series until wow came along. sure, it might have borrowed a couple a things from warhammer but god, if wc2 wasn't among the best rts of the 90s