Wrath of the Lich King cinematic trailer

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
More CG, and more lore that 50% of the WoW population will not understand :p.
However I must say, that frostwyrm is 100% badass.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I guess it could be a frost wyrm, but it would make more sense to show him reviving Sapphiron - again.

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Quoted from MMO-Champion.

The frostwyrm featured in the video is most likely (as in "not officially confirmed") Sindragosa. Little is known about her for the moment but through datamining we already know that she holds the title of <The Frost Queen> in game and is very closely related to Arthas. One of the subzone of Icecrown Glacier is also named Sindragosa's Fall. (Screenshots of the model of Sindragosa were obviously taken on a non-official server as Icecrown isn't available on live servers for the moment)

Whaturmuva

Eating the souls of children
Reaction score
Website
aqua-teen.com

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
I would rather have it be Sapphiron tbh, to save the lore :p.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Doesn't really hurt the lore. Nothrend had lots of blue dragons. Maybe this was one killed long ago or maybe one came to challenge Arthas. Either one would make sense - blue dragons aren't extinct.

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
Doesn't really hurt the lore. Nothrend had lots of blue dragons. Maybe this was one killed long ago or maybe one came to challenge Arthas. Either one would make sense - blue dragons aren't extinct.
Putting a random event and a random dragon in a game that has been "planned" out does hurt the lore.

And it WAS part of the blue dragonflight. Most blue dragons end with the suffix "gos" or "gosa" but it is probably transformed into a frostwyrm now like Sapphiron.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Putting a random event and a random dragon in a game that has been "planned" out does hurt the lore.

And it WAS part of the blue dragonflight. Most blue dragons end with the suffix "gos" or "gosa" but it is probably transformed into a frostwyrm now like Sapphiron.
It doesn't hurt lore. It creates it. Just like in TFT's cinematic when Illidan raises the Naga. That was right out of left field. I don't see how this is any different. It isn't disturbing any previous lore. We know blue dragons dislike Arthas, we know some reside in Northrend, we know he can resurrect them. So it doesn't 'hurt' the lore because nothing has changed.

This is completely different from something like the Draenei being residents of Draenor/Outland and then all of a sudden being from space or Bloodelves becoming Pallys by stealing a Naaru, or whatever.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
That awesome cinematic will be the best part about WotLK. This new expansion is just gonna be another BC. PvP-centered and full of bullshit.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
you know you'll play it
No fucking way. I couldn't be any move over WoW. The last time i stopped playing it (months and months ago), it was because i was fucking sick of it. I actually hated the game. Nothing could want me to play it again.

I'd only ever get back into MMO's if Ryan/Sheli/Sean started playing WAR. I got into the beta but never used the beta key =/