Who got the axe?

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
There will be only 5 classes at launch(the way they word it in the faq makes it seem like there will be more...)

already one of the original 5 has been replaced with a different class(don't know which) with the witch doctor.

so far we know about the barbarian and witch doctor, and i'm pretty sure they said there were more new classes so its possible another class isnt going to be in the initial game.

my guess:

barbarian, paladin, sorceress, witch doctor, amazon replacement(i think they are replacing a melee class and spell casting class...i guessed they are replacing amazon because?)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Witch doctor definitely replaced the necro, the two are really similar.

Sorceress is probably replaced/updated, same with amazon.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
am I the onlyone that restarted d2 now with the news of d3 coming out? lmao

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
i've been playing a couple characters on uswest.

theres an ign interview where one of the guys working on d3 says they arnt getting rid of the necromancer...maybe they're lying about the 5 class limit

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
i doubt it, that one will probably be an expansion character. u just have to believe they'll have an expansion that adds 2 or 3 characters. They need shapeshifting characters though. maybe even more shapes than just wolf and bear.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
they need the druid i mean shape shifters are just awesome they have them in wow too so i reckon there will be a druid

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
doesn't matter, the game is probably going to go through a bunch of revisions, and the witch doctor or barbarian may not even make it in the end. Impossible to tell.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
i'm thinking they probably already have all the classes they want narrowed down and are just trying to pick what goes in the first version of the game

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
NO. THEY HAVE TO HAVE THE BARB. IF THEY DONT HAVE BARB THEN WHO WILL DO THE WWing!?!?

i hope pally gets the axe. his hammers and smiting really pissed me off. i dont want any imba classes like the paladin again. plus the fact that hes black

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
i'm thinking that we might see a class or two from the hellfire expansion. maybe a monk or bard in addition to the barbarian.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
nah i highly doubt that they will bring something from the hellfire expansion blizzard / sierra dont rly like hellfire

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
im thinking this so far:
necromancer stays the same
sorceress becomes vijeri mage
barbarian
witch doctor
amazon(i'm sticking to bard)

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Sorceress and Barb will be the only returners. Then there will be 3 new classes. They'll remake a range class that can fit both genders (since Amazonians are more famous for their women warriors so it wouldn't make sense to have a male Amazon.)

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
uh renzo by the looks of it ur not up to date... they said u can choose to have ur char male or female