Whats your favorite human unit?

What is your primary unit?

• Mass Footmen!

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Knights

• Mass Casters (ie: Priests, sorc, spellbreakers, etc...)

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Air (ie: Griffs, dragonhawk riders, flying machines)

• Mix of casters/air

• A mix of melee/ranged

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Other

• Total voters

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
OK........
Why would you not use your partners? Then its 3v1 and 3v2, which are bad odds man....the only way you could pull that off is if you had really good micro skillz, and your partners were anti newbs.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Originally posted by Electroduende9
this is Mud at my cousins house:

knights and gryphs together can never work...the upgrades for human are entirely too different for that to ever work

one of the most important things in winning a game with human is using the blacksmith to upgrade, or else every unit is mediocre

you will never have enough time to get 3/3 knights and 3/3 gryphs
mud what happened. are the noobs rubbing off on u? griffs and knights are awesome together (rape land and air) and they use the SAME damage upgrade!!! i say make them 3/2 each then upgrade the land then air. ALWAYS THROW IN CASTERS TOO.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, they do work together, but thats a shitload of resourses/teching time. I would get some kinda basic unit first.

Mud

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmmm im not sure ive been thrown to the newbs bud...but i have played solo before

show me a replay in which you were able to get a formitable gryph,knight,caster army...theres just not enough time man...you will get blown out of the water by wyvs, hippos, and fiends before you get 3 of each out 3/2...

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yep, Mud is right about that.....rifle/priest/sorc is a really good combination that you can get early, and should not be overlooked.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
i laugh in the face of everybody who says :

Make about 12 gryphon and invis em' all. Sneak into theier base and attack.

Especially who thinks that it's the same like starcraft-ive played sc and know what's up with 12 air. If u play war3,Hitsua i think u must try ur 12 gryphs against computer(insane) and call me if it works.
i hate this attack but i think blizzard have taken care for this easy
way of killin' the enemy

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark Mage

Especially who thinks that it's the same like starcraft-ive played sc and know what's up with 12 air. If u play war3,Hitsua i think u must try ur 12 gryphs against computer(insane) and call me if it works.
way of killin' the enemy

Meh i dont need to use it against the computer, ive used it agianst real players. IT worked. Next time i tried it i was doing os good i didnt even invis the and it worked fine.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark Mage

The computer has a knack of getting scouting early, such as Magic Sentry. It won't work against Human. On the other hand, against Orc it works. Nobody drops Sentry Wards anymore. :'-(

The_Art_Of_War, what was that about?

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
LoL, im a hardcore NE player now.....
Of course, thats when I play wc, which isnt much anymore due to school/football/travel soccer/learning assembly language and C++.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
it wont work against any insane comp.The orcs are stupid race(for me).And try vs undead or NE tell me if it works'x42bn6

Ive even defeated an insane orc twice(not with air)but he played like an idiot

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I've defeated too many Insane coms in my life, it's either that or stupid newbs in my area who can't figure out Towers aren't the way to win.....

Funny, unless you play FT, this was in RoC.

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
knights and gryphs together can never work...the upgrades for human are entirely too different for that to ever work[/qoute]

mud i have gotten this to work many times and in fact they share upgrades!

the melee attack upgrade affects both
animal war training affects both

but enough theory craft the point is that it works for me

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by The_Art_Of_War
X42, how come you aren't on the forums nearly as much as you used to be?
I'd appreciate it next time you PMed me. I can't be bothered to reply to every single post since I don't have too much FT knowledge and I've quit playing online.

Anyway.....

Knights/Gryphs works well, but was this by Mud? Yes they do share two certain teching stratgies but another thing is the armor, even though different you have Inner Fire.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Priestesses r definatly the collest units especially when they r fully upgraded and use polymorph and turn every1 into sheep and pick them off easily.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeyes they r hot in a pixle computer animated kinda way. I personally am not into that kinda thing but if you r more power to you but think about it."what about the sheep?"