Whats your favorite human unit?

What is your primary unit?

• Mass Footmen!

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Knights

• Mass Casters (ie: Priests, sorc, spellbreakers, etc...)

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Air (ie: Griffs, dragonhawk riders, flying machines)

• Mix of casters/air

• A mix of melee/ranged

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Other

• Total voters

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah.....
Master priests with knights and a mk with thunder clap is my new favorite combination of units.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
unit: spellbreaker
hero: the blood mage

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
i choose mix of melee range because i usually go gryph support for knights (like 2 gryphs 3 knights 5 rifles) and then some sorcs

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
this is Mud at my cousins house:

knights and gryphs together can never work...the upgrades for human are entirely too different for that to ever work

one of the most important things in winning a game with human is using the blacksmith to upgrade, or else every unit is mediocre

you will never have enough time to get 3/3 knights and 3/3 gryphs

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by Electroduende9
you will never have enough time to get 3/3 knights and 3/3 gryphs
That hurts Human players so bad! However, you can get it to 2/1 and 2/1 with Animal War Training, that's decent enough.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Wierd unit strats u got going

Gyprhon and Sorc. Make about 12 gryphon and invis em' all. Sneak into theier base and attack. Classic starcraft strat.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Thats why i dont play solo. And fine ok i see your point. This wouldnt work against undead. But fully upgraded gyrphs are hard to kill. And even then you could knock off all thier workers and thier halls. And your allies could take out thier expansions.

~~nvm~~rgg i need the edited message

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
...While you are left in debt and unable to defend yourself from attack for the next 5 minutes. Even trying to mass a unit so expensive is just asking for your enemy to slap you sencelessly with units that are 1/5 the cost of yours. Sorry, it just seems un-economic to me. There are a ton of units that can fair just as good as Griffs or any other teir 3 unit with proper upgrades and micro.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
For example, Foots and Sorc work well to distract, and they're quite cheap. Sorc already have Slow without research, and Invisiblilty with Adept Training, so that can work quite well. Foots also follow the same tech path as Knights, so you're quite on track.

haloez

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think is a mixture of dragonhawks,footman,knights,paladin and mountain king should be better.dragonhawks for controlling the air and the rest on the land.pls reply me if there is any mistake

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yea, footies are a waste of money unless at the beginnning of the game, due to low hp, and you can get a knight for not all that much more.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
air and ground -that's what really makes u win-a combination of all units(till a limit is reached)

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Thats what I do a lot....
Group 1: Warden and 11 hunts
Group 2: PotM /w trueshot, 11 hippos....
Then if i have any food left, I make more hippos. I make them 3/3 too....pretty deadly force.

Electro's edit: this is a human forum man... please never do that again... it added nothing to the thread

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
I know, im just saying, thats what I do, I dont play human anymore. I was just giving an expample of a good air/ground combination.

Mud

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
these strategies unearthing now are pretty basic...

"you win if you get a combination of units...ground or air.....melee or ranged..."

with human you have to be focused...you cannt be sparadic with your unit choices and expect to win the game

human units are realtively weak compared to other races...a fact of the trade and i obviously dont mind it or else i wouldnt play them :)

they key is those upgrades in the blacksmith...and the casters...you will not have enough time to research everything...

so to win with a human you have to outsmart the good opponent...use your advantage of speed to get them...DO NOT sit back and wat to be attacked because any of the other 3 races gain an advantage as the game goes on

human a noob race?? psssshhh i scoff that that