Whats your favorite human unit?

What is your primary unit?

• Mass Footmen!

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Knights

• Mass Casters (ie: Priests, sorc, spellbreakers, etc...)

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Air (ie: Griffs, dragonhawk riders, flying machines)

• Mix of casters/air

• A mix of melee/ranged

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Other

• Total voters

Mud

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
im obsessed with gryphs :) i dislike the fact they have a magic attack but oh well...in solo i get gryphs and priests usually..maybe a few sorcs

in random team i find myself goin a wide range...but my fav unit in the game is gryphs

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Mixxed for me. Nothing beats a good Knights/Sorcs/Priests/Foot/Duel Hero combo! So far, when I used that, I never lost when I played.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
LoL, Chibi, that strat is bad for 2 reasons...
#1) Too many different buildings/techs
#2) Too much $$$

Mud

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by The_Art_Of_War
#2) Too much $$$
too many buildings?? chibi has units from count em...2 different buildings there...arcam sanctum and racks

you must be a strict RT player..because in solo you cant win by massing one unit bud

your 2 reasons basically were the same one...so the gold thing...once again its only 2 buildings

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Oh, didnt really stop to look at all the units, your right mud.
But still, that would cost a lot of $$$ to tech all that, and have money left over for knights 'cuz there expensive..

Mud

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
stil dont see your reasoning behind that...if youve expanded...youll have tons of gold pumping your way...you should have enough gold man...haha enless youve got 85 food worth of footies by the time you have a castle and are in high upkeep...lol

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The_Art_Of_War, you look at it and think it costs a lot, well, actually it's just the time constraints in doing so. It's actually not that expensive to get that far. Just that it's slower than most paces of the other races, which leaves Humans a little wrong-footed then.

Hell, that's what I use as well. 'cept I sometimes skip Sorc if I'm going for a slow opponent to skip teching both SCs at once.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
LoL, I see your back X42bn6.....
I just stay simple......mass footies/rifle in the begginging, tech to whatever tier 2 i feel like...usually 3-5 steam tanks with that aa upgrade, some mortar teams, dragons, breakers, priest, sorc, etc....

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
A weeks break to get all my hw done. Not done yet though *sniff*.

That strat sounds rather mixed though. Are you mashing in everything for fun or something?

blink_penguin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I also use that mix, but with riflemen instead of sorcerersses - add in some mortar teams for real fun! I don't have very many knights, and footmen are just for meat shield. Use mass riflemen as the main damage dealers!

Mud

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
im sorry guys, but im vivid over your posts...

riflemen?? waaaaay over priced and hardly ever EVER worth it...main damage dealer??? PLEASE lol gryphs are a million times better at being not only your AA but also your meat

and mortar teams...are absolutly usless...i have NEVER, mark my words, NEVER seen a mortar team on the winning side of a battle...in a game there are a million other things that are a better useage of resources than them

infact, i havent ever even built a workshop ina game before...the units it produces are useless and i hate to break all you newer players bubles but just because they look coller doesnt meant hey are better

never, ever build a workshop

all you need to win a game with human is footies, knights, casters, and gryphs in any combo you deem necissary

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by The_Art_Of_War
#2) Too much $$$
Alright, let me crack this egg. Ok, the first one's been solved, but I was too lazy to see if numba two was, so here it is:

Not really. Even if you don't F.E., you will have enough money, with my way anywho. I go footies/rifles(3-2 ratio) while I tech to teir 2 almost immedietly after I expand, well, not that quick, but still within the first 4-6 minutes of the game. Then, as soon as Keep is done, build 2 Arcane Asylums, and upgrade Preists and Sorcs, then build 4 of each. After creeping and possibly seting up another ex, I go on up to teir 3, time: 8-10 minutes into game. While upgrading, I try and strenghten my fighters, build more footies and rifles, and prepare to upgrade knights, priests and sorcs. Boom, teir 3 done, I start makin knights. Most I get is equel to the amount of footies I have. 7-14 footies=3-4 knights-----6 footies, 6 rifles= 2 knights and 1-2 gryphs(if I planned on it, other wise I equelize it out with sorcs).

But because my build is put into the 3 teir stages, I have enough money to get what I want, when I need it. This has worked for me even when I don't do a F.E., but keep inmind I do get one eventually. If you wait too long, you will have problems. It sounds like a money eater, but it really isn't. Build low to moderate in between teir techs, so that you have enough saved up to give your army a blast when the teir has made it's fini.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
infact, i havent ever even built a workshop ina game before...the units it produces are useless and i hate to break all you newer players bubles but just because they look coller doesnt meant hey are better

never, ever build a workshop

all you need to win a game with human is footies, knights, casters, and gryphs in any combo you deem necissary
Yeah, Mud! Gryphs are decent things to take out buildings themselves, they're way more useful than Gyros (Research to attack land? Wtf!) plus they look cool.

Yup, Chibi, that's relatively cheap but it takes some time.....

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yea, but in tft the workshop offers a whole different strategy...
Now the steam tanks can attack multiple air targets at once (GREAT aa)
Gyros can have an area of attack damage
Mortar deam do increased damage to unarmored and medium armored units.

Mud

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
all of those are sad attempts at making them more usefull...but it still boils town to being not worth it...

im sorry man but as much as you like those seige stuff...its not as great as it seems

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah im with mud here- when they give it more upgrades like that theyre trying to get people to use it... worked for heads, but it wont work for the siege here... notice that all of the upgrades for human in TFT were for the workshop units... and they still arent used... theyre THAT bad

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, I get what yall are saying, but still, they CAN be super effective if combined with the right units.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Steam Tank rush is nutty but hell, it does a lot.

But the cost of all the siege units isn't worth it. I'd rather sacrifice it on Gryphs who can damage buildings decently as well, and rool air 'cept Gargs and maybe Batriders.