WarCraft Units vs StarCraft Units

Discussion in 'Archived Portal Polls' started by Lwek, Oct 2, 2005.

?

WarCraft Units vs StarCraft Units

1. WarCraft units will win

33.7%
  2. StarCraft units will win

66.3%
  1. Laharl

Laharl Guest

Ultralisks would rip apart almost all ground units in warcraft, valks take out air. Carriers would eliminate all.

That's all folks.

2. Vadriel

Vadriel Bite my shiny metal ass!

Russellville, AR
    Okay then, we'll do it like my strat goes...I see a detector, I Yamato it before I send in the ghost to nuke ya. Nuclear launch detected. Medieval city destroyed. Ghost returns to base and cracks open a case of cold ones with the captain of the battlecruiser.

3. T.J. The Weird One

T.J. The Weird One Member!

right on J'Kar right on

4. DeathClaw

DeathClaw Member!

Land Before Time
    exactly
    one bc could wipe out every single wc unit ever existed

5. Emperor Pan I

Emperor Pan I Respected Member

Canada
    Warcraft Detectors are magic, and literaly cant be killed by anything except anti-magic

Keep in mind that the Undead have powerful magics, and anyhitng that the lich king Literaly converted good people with psionic powers. Now we have a creature that is probably one of the most powerful creatures in Warcraft III, could probably interupt and take control of the zerg, and it's gg starcraft.

Also, Dark Ranger comes along, charms your ghost (remember a bullet in the head won't do much to an elf that is already dead), then turns your ghost against you. Maybe even an Alchemist could convert an entire BC into gold, that would be fun.

6. T.J. The Weird One

The Overmind uses the a different type of psionoic power... the type that the Dark Templar used that in the end was the only thing that could harm it... and in the end the overmind and the cerebrates can not be destroyed because I doubt the Lich King uses this type of psionoics... and how do you know the Lich King is stronger then Kerrigan the Overmind and the Cerebrates....

BTW none of the units in WC uses this psionoic power...

7. Emperor Pan I

Canada
    And you of course know this how?

First you know then you doubt. If anyhting the Lich king is far more powerfull after he fused with Arthus.

8. T.J. The Weird One

The Cerebrates are just reincarnated if they die (unless destroyed by Dark Templars) and i doubt that the Lich King use the same Psionoics since that only the Dark Templar are the only ones with the same energy also they where both created/experimented on by the Xel'Naga

9. Emperor Pan I

Canada
    They were only created by the Xel'naga. The Lich king was given powers stright from the burning legion that has literaly consumed thousands upon thousands of worlds, and is led by a Titan.

10. T.J. The Weird One

Here you go

EDIT: Meh, you only need to read the first 2 paragraphs to
    get it

but the last few lines raise an excellent point on how the protoss will own WC...

11. Vadriel

Russellville, AR
    Owned. First of all, the Zerg are nigh perfectly evolved. Their armor is too strong for simple swords and arrows to penetrate, so what the hell would the WoW guys do? Throw rocks? Secondly, an army of Undead is made for inspiring fear. An endless army of walking corpses that just don't want to die is great for dropping human morale. Zerg don't have that problem. They'd just coldly butcher the corpses apart until they couldn't pose a threat anymore. Then they'd probably eat them. And the Zerg have planet after planet to call troops from. Even the numbers of the Undead can't oppose them. And we already established that the psionic control frequency is different from that of the Lich King.

Terrans...I'd love to see what a bunch of medieval peons would do to a Goliath. Plus, there are Firebat razes, Yamato barrages, and Nuke strikes. I don't care how much magic immunity you have, a nuke will kill you just the same. If the initial incineration doesn't, the radiation will. And let's not forget Korhal IV. If humans get a little too much more than they can handle, they'll easily just jump out into orbit and nuke the whole damn planet.

As for the Protoss...they'd probably be hailed as gods before they own the living hell out of the WoW guys. Shining armor, crackling blades, and ships and buildings that warp out of nothingness? The WoW men would fall to their knees in reverence. Plus, those that don't pose no threat. Undead would fall apart under a relentless assault of Scarabs or Antimatter balls. Plus, you put a Psi-blade against a metal blade, and the swordsman comes up short, about half his body short. Add in the Psi-Shields that medieval tech could never get through, and you have a race of gods that would purge everything in their path. Plus they could always, you know, incinerate the planet.

12. dP

dP Member!

dP's Warehouse
    JUST the whole protoss could take on all the warcraft.

13. dArKmIsChIeF

dArKmIsChIeF Member!

Illinois
    INCORRECT!!!! If you find the secret hydralisk in ROC, you will see its massive stats, in turn, a Hydralisk has 80 hp and does 10 damage, but in the WCIII mission, it has over 1000 hp and 100 dAMAGE!! TAHTS 10X more DAMAGE so a nuke= 5000 DAMAGE...gg

14. Vadriel

Russellville, AR
    GG indeed. Nice stat research there, Mischief.

15. AZN_FLEA

AZN_FLEA BattleForums Senior Member

warcraft generally has more hitpoints but sstarcraft has much more attack.

fully upgraded zerglings are gonna pawn all

16. _JaKE

_JaKE BattleForums Senior Member

Chicago
    quoted cus its damn fecking true

edited to add more
    dont changen shit k? no x10. thing fully upgraded frost worms have wat? 110 damage and say...2500 hps?vs, wats ur best unit? 10 dmg and 100 hps? lol imaging.
    then we bring some of our most powerful into this, read plz

Over time, demonic entities made their way into the Titans' worlds from the Twisting Nether, and the Pantheon elected its greatest warrior, Sargeras, to act as its first line of defense. A noble giant of molten bronze, Sargeras carried out his duties for countless millennia, seeking out and destroying these demons wherever he could find them. Over the eons, Sargeras encountered two powerful demonic races, both of which were bent on gaining power and dominance over the physical universe.

The eredar, an insidious race of devilish sorcerers, used their warlock magics to invade and enslave a number of worlds. The indigenous races of those worlds were mutated by the eredar's malevolent powers and turned into demons themselves. Though Sargeras' nearly limitless powers were more than enough to defeat the vile eredar, he was greatly troubled by the creatures' corruption and all-consuming evil. Incapable of fathoming such depravity, the great Titan began to slip into a brooding depression. Despite his growing unease, Sargeras rid the universe of the warlocks by trapping them within a corner of the Twisting Nether.

While his confusion and misery deepened, Sargeras was forced to contend with another group intent on disrupting the Titans' order: the Nathrezim. This dark race of vampiric demons (also known as dreadlords) conquered a number of populated worlds by possessing their inhabitants and turning them to the shadow. The nefarious, scheming dreadlords turned whole nations against one another by manipulating them into unthinking hatred and mistrust. Sargeras defeated the Nathrezim easily, but their corruption affected him deeply.

As doubt and despair overwhelmed Sargeras' senses, he lost all faith not only in his mission, but also in the Titans' vision of an ordered universe. Eventually he came to believe that the concept of order itself was folly, and that chaos and depravity were the only absolutes within the dark, lonely universe. His fellow Titans tried to persuade him of his error and calm his raging emotions, but he disregarded their more optimistic beliefs as self-serving delusions. Storming from their ranks forever, Sargeras set out to find his own place in the universe. Although the Pantheon was sorrowful at his departure, the Titans could never have predicted just how far their lost brother would go.

By the time Sargeras' madness had consumed the last vestiges of his valiant spirit, he believed that the Titans themselves were responsible for creation's failure. Deciding, at last, to undo their works throughout the universe, he resolved to form an unstoppable army that would set the physical universe aflame.

Even Sargeras' titanic form became distorted from the corruption that plagued his once-noble heart. His eyes, hair, and beard erupted in fire, and his metallic bronze skin split open to reveal an endless furnace of blistering hate.

In his fury, Sargeras shattered the prisons of the eredar and the Nathrezim and set the loathsome demons free. These cunning creatures bowed before the dark Titan's vast rage and offered to serve him in whatever malicious ways they could. From the ranks of the powerful Eredar, Sargeras picked two champions to command his demonic army of destruction. Kil'jaeden the Deceiver was chosen to seek out the darkest races in the universe and recruit them into Sargeras' ranks. The second champion, Archimonde the Defiler, was chosen to lead Sargeras' vast armies into battle against any who might resist the Titan's will.

Kil'jaeden's first move was to enslave the vampiric dreadlords under his terrible power. The dreadlords served as his personal agents throughout the universe, and they took pleasure in locating primitive races for their master to corrupt and bring into the fold. First amongst the dreadlords was Tichondrius the Darkener. Tichondrius served Kil'jaeden as the perfect soldier and agreed to bring Sargeras' burning will to all the dark corners of the universe.

The mighty Archimonde also empowered agents of his own. Calling upon the malefic pit lords and their barbarous leader, Mannoroth the Destructor, Archimonde hoped to establish a fighting elite that would scour creation of all life.

Once Sargeras saw that his armies were amassed and ready to follow his every command, he launched his raging forces into the vastness of the Great Dark. He referred to his growing army as the Burning Legion. To this date, it is still unclear how many worlds they consumed and burned on their unholy Burning Crusade across the universe.

ya...i dont care wat the score is on this poll sc is a ****ing pussy wimp compared to wc :hxc :hxc

17. Harris.On.Rento

Harris.On.Rento Member!

mostly in my Crypt
    this question is total shit... it just breeds hate amongs warcraft and starcraft nerds and pisses everybody off. like me. yes I admit it. it's so amusing when someone says like: "CHIMS OWN ALL THEY DO LOTS OF DAMAGE" then another nerd answers: "BUT BATTLECRUISERS HAVE LASERS AND LASERS ARE STRONG AND LASERS KILL ALL" hopeless, just hopeless.

18. Vadriel

Russellville, AR
    A good army of Torrasques would own all of them, although I admit that story is bleeping cool. Backed up with world after world of swarmed Zerg, they've got a "Burning Legion" of their own. Plus, I doubt that the Legion can fight stuff in orbit, and Carriers or Battlecruisers would just nuke the shiznit out of any world that had the Burning Legion inhabiting it. They'd become like the Zerg evading the Protoss, jumping from world to world just ahead of their own destruction. And keep in mind, the Burning Legion kicks ass against crappy little medieval-level weapons. What the hell would they do against Protoss shields and energy blades that cut right through metal, flesh, and bone effortlessly? And the massive swarms of the Zerg, who morph the very land to become a weapon? And the relentless stupidity and heavy-handedness of the idiot humans who love to nuke whatever pisses them off? And just imagine the first time a Zerg Queen gets near a Burning Legionnaire. Infested Legion, maybe?

And also, you can't pull some pussy crap and say "oh no, don't adjust the stats to equivalents...that would show just how crappy medieval weapons are against space warfare". Be a man and admit that the two games use different standards of damage/hp. Your way would be like playing Magic: The Gathering against Yugioh. Magic has a starting life of 20, with a pretty buff critter having about 8 attack power. Yugioh starts with 8000 life points and a hefty hitter would have around 3500 attack. In truth, Magic attacks would pwn the shit out of Yugioh, but no...you have to keep it as it is so your favorite wins instead of how it would actually go...noob.

19. Wing Zero

Wing Zero lol just as planned

Philly
    ok to end this, game wise wc untis will win
    RL really depends on the situation but mostlikely SC has a better chance

20. Emperor Pan I

Canada
    OK, I’m sorry but a Doom Guarde would completely pwn a torrasque. A burning blade of chaos would cut through the “zerg armorâ€. Plus a Doom Guarde can use magic (cripple) not only reducing the speed, but reducing damage and armor of his enemy. Anything small, rain of fire. If a Firebat can wipe out zerglings, what do you think hundreds of balls of fire per second descend on the zerg. Plus in close quarter combat, Stomp would stop anything close.

the Zerg is led by a giant eye. The Burning legion has a ****ing titan consumed with unending hellfire as it’s skin. Also, it is quite obvious the Burning legion has consumed a lot more worlds than the Zerg. Though they similarly consumed the world, the zerg only infested and assimilated, the Burning legion consumed the entire life essence of the world, making all the more powerful, and learning new magic’s to consume.

I love this “omg he just nukeâ€. It is quite obvious that a) Humans don’t just nuke anything they feel like and b.Battlecrusiers can’t “nuke the shiznit†out of anything. Remember this, the Zerg overmind is dead, and the Protoss home world was burned to the ground. There is no alliance between them, there is no “Zerg would come in then then Protoss will help them by blowing things up kind of bullshit.†If anything, it would be more likely that the zerg and protoss and terrnas would fight each other for Warcraft.

Lets see, I would guess they would use magic. How much use is a Zealot when the ground underneath him becomes useless because of an earthquake cast under his army? How well does a marine fight when a Tornado is cast right on top of him? Ok so a Battle cruiser is in the air, try having an Infernal come out of the sky and crash right into it smashing it to bits.

Burnt. That is one word for what would happen to the zerg land. If you saw what the burning legion/Undead did to Azeroth you wouldn’t be talking shit. Blight>Creep. Blight literally kills everyhitng on the land, which would include creep.

If anything the Dreadlords would sleep the queen, and either kill it or have the magics corrupt it and turn it against the Zerg. Also, since when can a Queen infest anyhting but a command center?
    Well if your going to be like that, WC can add the Chaos Space Grunt, which is stronger than the hydralisk and the Zerg in WCIII. Also if your going to be the “OMG your wrong I’m right lawl im an idiot†kind of guy get your “statistics rightâ€. A hydralisk had only 700hp and a lot less damage. (as an aside the “that’s 10x more damage†is false, as a hydralisk in WC only does 70 damage). Now you could say “omg 7x is still enoughâ€, but your looking at one unit. Zerglings do what? 5 damage in sc? In WCIII it only does 20 damage, which is only 4x the damage. So pick and choose, you can’t count on that to be a bsis on anything.

yeah, that’s it swords don’t work so we would “throw rocks†makes lots of sense. There is little armor a zerg can have that would stop a death coil aimed at it. Pure demonic energy isn’t going to be stopped by some “omg perfect evolved shield.†Also, Banshee = possess, turn your units against you. It’s magic versus weapons. Warcraft is only 10% “swords and arrows†bullshit you keep brining up. “Doom†for all your starcraft units.

And when the corpses fall, they are raised again. And after every human falls, after every zerg falls, after every protoss dies the Necromancers, the Liches, the Dreadlords simply us the corpse and raise. And since were theory crafting, corpse explosion. It was in the game, and it is in warcraft lore. The zerg would simply blow up with a corpse. Also the Undead simply send a plague, and that plague turns humans and likely the other races into undead without actually killing them. Only thing that combats that Is holy magic, and I don’t think the Protoss or the Zerg can use holy magic.

and the Burning legion has a lot more. Also remember much of the Zerg was destroyed between in fighting, and there isn’t as many zerg that you make it out to believe. The burning legion on the other hand only lost a fraction of it’s numbers in the Battle of the World Tree.

We established, or you simply said "I'm right". You didn't establish anyhting. The Lich king was given psychic powers from a ****ING TITAN. the Lich king literaly converted thousands of servents from hundreds of miles away. The Zerg is alot less pwoerful, since it is only natural. Magic>natural, obviously.

NEVER SAY WOW, WOW is not warcraft, it is the worst game that has ever come out. WOW is shit. It is Warcraft III that pwns you.
    You make it sound like warping is new? The Undead have the same principal, they summon their buildings through a portal off the Icecrown glacier. The Burning legion litteraly filled the sky with DoomGuards, and Scorched the grown with Fel hounds. The fel hounds alone sucks the life out of anything it can get in range of. Also if a zerg can get through a protoss shield, then the burning legion could easily.

oh because it is so obvious. That shit would’t hold up when an Infernal falls on it. Infernal is bound together fire through magic. That thing does chaos damage, that literally eats though and destroys any type of metal, even protoss and Terran shields. Chaos is the same type of weapons that can kill a God. On the flip side, Cenarious is a demigod, with Divine armor. Divine Armor defelcts swords, arrows, guns, fire ice, and all magic/pure energy.

I’m sorry, Sargeras alone could take on the entire zerg, protoss and Terran fleet at once and come out unharmed. He literally destroys a planet merely be having his presence in it’s midst.

and you know this how? Have you ever “incinerated a planet†in Starcraft? Which unit does that may I ask? Can the protoss still even do that , considering their entire concave collapsed, and they haven’t “incinerated†a planet sine the half of the Terran campaign which is the first campaign.

See I can spew off random "my penis is bigger than yours, my game is better than yours" all it does is lead you in a circle. You tilt everyhitng where yours wins, so I do the same. Except mine makes sense, because I have played both games, you obviouslu know little to nothing about warcraft.