U~Wyv vs Ud

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Ok try healing and using scroll of healing when the SH hexes your DK and then ur fiends fall 1 by 1. You all don't know what you are talking about, I have ingame experience, u have a few numbers to hide behind. and im still waiting for that game.

N

nanomastermind

Destroyers -> hex + wolves. That's why they exist. Also I have been talking about this for the last few posts: if a hero annoys you, ff and nuke it with your lich. If you dont kill it, it'll retreat, unless it has an obscene amount of health somehow. To prevent hexing, buy an invulnerability potion and use it. Of course, you could always prevent them from getting wyverns effectively by RUSHING THEM.

Oh, and do I hear a challenge?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
hold up, destroyers? who says u even get to tier 3. cause u wont have enough recources to get there, and get that fiend amy up as the wyverns run in your back door and take out your acolytes forcing u to either run home or keep extra fiends there or build a tower there and then u wasted recources and ur economy was threatened perhaps even slowed depending.

u wont be FF anything with a hexed DK, and ur lich is going to be focused on with them and even if u FF my hero, i have healing wave.

rushing does nothing with the impenetrable burrows and towers I throw up along with FS and wolves focus. And Ud palyers can prolly get 3 fiends by the time I get my second hero out anyways. In the last week i have becoeme 10-0 massing wyverns agaisnt fiend users and im not talking about facing the noobs.

N

nanomastermind

Impenetrable burrows!!! "cough"
Wow, I didn't know that you would have the time to tech all the way to tier 3 and research reinforced defense before you are rushed. 2nd hero by the time they get 3 fiends? Well that's great but where's your army, or are you hoping to get by with just your heroes and towers? And while you're turtling, their army will continue to grow. Healing wave and hex: that's assuming you can get to level 2 with your shadow hunter. I believe there's also something called siege. If you try to attack the siege your heroes or wyverns will get slaughtered.

Like I said before, is that a challenge I hear? Well if so bring it on!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
my original challenge was for happychineseboy but i'd be happy to face u also. I am pan_the_man@azeroth

Reaction score
I am still waiting actually, you can ask slut and simo, they saw me go against a wyvs person, He got ownt on turtle rock

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Actually, I'm with Pan on this one. I went 2v2, Undead-Undead (my team) vs. Orc-Undead. Battle was unbelievably stupid, ended up Destroyers (x2) vs. Wyv/Destroyer. I only survived the first rush because I had 12 Spirit Towers in my base. My partner tried Tower rushing the Undead guy while I hit the Orc player with Gargoyles but he failed the rush and I got creamed.

Fiends don't help at all in this aspect either..... Because they require stupid amounts of micro that in theory is good, but in practice it's literally impossible. Plus you have 'Wyvern cover' which makes it even worse.

Reaction score
alright, next time I face an orc and he goes wyvs, i'll be sure to post a replay of how I ownt him. then you may comment.
I will even post my losses if it happens =]

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AHappyChineseBoy
Look pan I even named the game after you.
First off,

it was a team game.
they stopped making wyverns.
your partner was a noob anyways.

that gmae doesnt prove anything, as both wyverns were dropped early game, as was fiends. This arguement is about solo games. Obviosuly wyverns wont be as strong in a team game as ur partner provides the support.

Not to mention the casters vs destroyers that ended up in your game was laughable.

Reaction score
My partner being a newb only means that there's more stress on me. they dropped wyvs BECAUSE they knew that it wouldnt help 1 bit against fiends. i admit, this argument is about solo, but in general its about the fact that fiends own wyvs and this replay supports that very statement in w/e way you look at it.

eat_ma_shorts

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
look fiends can own wyverns but the fiends will need more numbers upgrades and esp web. and even then wyverns are a tough opponent you gotta get good heroes to support your army.
and lastly wtf is a nuke is it when you get 3 heroes and cast their strongest spells on a particular unit or hero?

Reaction score
nuke is just a synergy of 2/more skills in warcraft. The most commonly reffered nuke is coil/frost nova and at times impale or the DL spell.

another one is banish/bolt/holylight against ud =[ Unfortunately it kicks my ass when someone does it.

eat_ma_shorts

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if ur gonna let a orc playa get to wyverns then you obviously need more experience. for orcs you must rush them in a way they will never recover. you have to kill them as fast as possible and skellies work well after you get mages.
mages atak wyverns
skulls get the hero or watever units they have on land
this works well as long as the orc guy doesnt have spiritwalker that dispel then you get owned hardcore

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I dont think you understand, and orc can tech in such a way by the time u have 3-5 fiends, he has his second hero out and is already getting wyverns ready. Then you need to get to tier 2 to get web. that way you cant get the number advantage, cause he will ahve wyverns and your 6-7 fiends at tier one wont do anything so u need to cut back on fiends to get to tier 2, so u cannot rush, but u can counter the wyverns but in the end it doesnt matter.

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
wyverns arent that hard. all you need is a necrowagon with fiends and mage upgrade with destroyers. works so well

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
yeah necro wagon works wonders when i do it, since they usualy dont have a spirit lodge up by the time i get it finished. All air take the biggest hit from cripple, cause lowering the attack and speed is what really does it. air rely on speed, and focus fire. without that air is usless.

The skeleton mages are undeads ONLY form of ground to air piercing damage. u did know that right. Fiends are ground attack only.

Jg_knight

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
fiends own, but you have to have something else, i totally agree with pan, pure fiends vs pure wyvs lose. Its a really hard matchup, and fiends are good yes but, vs mass wyvs its really hard to just say you win, that hex guy totally owns your dk and then he heals all his wyvs and fs with chain owns those fiends that are at less life. I really dont know what to do but I am curious and have a question for pan. How would you go about towering orc with ud?

hYbr1d.

Member!
Reaction score
hmmm just a suggestion... but fiends stats and banshees would rip thru mass wyverns. i think curse is incredibly underused.... it works awesome especially when ppl mass one type of unit with wyvs missing 33% of the time ur fiends can own =D

Reaction score
wow talk about old thread, but its a fact, fiends own wyvs. because web traps the army.

you can nuke the fs/sh which ever is lower, GG HERO. you can repeatedly retreat your army, while sme of their wyvs stay on the ground. and you can even nuke their wyvs also. Don't forget you can heal a fiend that's focused fired on.

Oh, don't forget you can mass fiends quicker then you can wyvs