U~Wyv vs Ud

hYbr1d.

Member!
Reaction score
wyverns rippin fiends... jus so u all know at the end im afk lol thats why my hero died to 2 skellies but anyway im posting this so ppl can see wyvs vs fiends

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AHappyChineseBoy
wow talk about old thread, but its a fact, fiends own wyvs. because web traps the army.

untrue
why? Becuase fiends at 270 speed, and web is 40 range. wyvern attack range is 45. fiend has to run up, web and run out of range to truely be effective, but suprisingly, they cant cause of the large collision size, speed and how sucky they are. So really, even if u web the whole wyvern army, they still throw the spears at ur fiends, and air units are more effective at targeting units than fiends are.

you can nuke the fs/sh which ever is lower, GG HERO. you can repeatedly retreat your army, while sme of their wyvs stay on the ground. and you can even nuke their wyvs also. Don't forget you can heal a fiend that's focused fired on.
The thing with nukes is, they are nonexistant. because first off, SH hex and wyverns focus on the low-hp, slow lich while the DK cnat heal. if they do manage a nuke, healing wave is off and heals all the units around.
Wyverns have 570hp. you really think even 2 novas are going to phase that army?

[/quote]Oh, don't forget you can mass fiends quicker then you can wyvs
[/QUOTE]

I am saying htis now, IF web was tier 1, I would agree with you. but seeing as how u either a)Stay at tier 2, and have a larger army of ground range units, or b)move to tier 2 to counter wyverns, but pretty much end up with the same army size as wyverns.

265 gold 40 wood. not much more than a 215 gold 40 wood fiend. Wyverns also dont build much slower than fiends, wyvenrs taking 35, and fiends taking 30.
Then u factor those numbers in with the fact wyverns are a 320 speed air unit with 570 hp that can deal up to 40 damage with poison alone, agaisnt the 550 hp, 270 speed large ground unit that can burrow with good micro(though 8 tiems outta ten by the time it burrows its dead.)

Reaction score
i think youre basing your results to much on speed. it's not speed, it's a matter of what unit if more effective against each other. fiends are easier to micro, why? because you cant micro when something is webbed/ensnared/slowed/ or whatever. sometimes depending on the other hero, i carry a pot for my lich which more then likely will save his ass while all my fiends web your wyvs down. and if you include statues in this, it will make it 5x more easier.

Jonro

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Alright are u guys ready for the dumbest question you've ever heard?

what r wyverns? ive had a look through all the orc units and cant seem to find one called a wyvern (im sreious)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jonro
Alright are u guys ready for the dumbest question you've ever heard?

what r wyverns? ive had a look through all the orc units and cant seem to find one called a wyvern (im sreious)
Its not really dumb. Its more dumb on Blizzards part.

Wyverns were the Reign of Chaos name for orcs air unit. In The frozen throne, they changed Wyverns, to Wind Riders. IT is a stupid name change, and everyone jsut calls them wyverns anyways.

Same with human siege tank, human gyrocopter, and destroyer

Jonro

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Great thanks Pan

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
wyvs can be countered by fiends and necrowagons. the fiends throw them on the ground the skellies do the dirty work. if they are making spiritwalkers i just panic and then quit.