U~Lich suckz

Magi-Viper

Premium Member
Reaction score
The Lich is my fav hero for undead. That might sound funny since i never use him, but thats cus i always get 2 heros and melee, so DL/DK combo works by far the best. But if for whatever reason i decide to make only 1 hero and anything but ghouls, Lich is the way to go. Let me give u the highlights

1. Frost Nova - This spell owns tier 1 units and slows

2. Frost armor - Awesome spell! Raises armor by 7!!!!!! thats crazy!!!! Not just that but it freezes attacking melee units.

3. Dark Rituel - Low on mana? no prob, kill a crypt fiend, or an abom, or a ghoul or 2. 3 Frost novas r better then 1 crypt fiend.

4. D&D - The ultimate base destroyer. You can kill a castle, 2 barracks, an arcane sanctum and a few towers ez with this spell (provided u defend the Lich)

Placebo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you don't know how to effectively use lich don't get it as a first hero.

Get it as a 2nd so you can mess around with it more.

Lich ownz teir 1 and casters if you use it correctly.

S

sachischnitt

use the lich against ghuls or masscasters or other tier1 units but ONLY as second hero (as first hero take a dreadlord) you can kill ghuls easyly with carrion swarm+frost nova
lich rulez i use him nearly every game ;)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
If u are ataacked by an ARcher rush with a good hero for NE, then ur screwed if u have a little DK or DL. plz, what u gonna do? sleep the hero? they wake up in 10 seconds, and the aura is next to useless against the ranged, they just run. Carrion swarm is to weak to be effective, and they still run.

for DK the aura is useless, and deathcoil, you get like 2-3 shots, thats about one archer dead, and ur getting ur units picked off.]

LICH on the other hand, freezes the archers enough for you to catch up, and mutalate them. you can Nova them 3 time destroying the entire army, giving an opening for an attack.

AzNsUpA-Boi

Premium Member
Reaction score
HELL yea LiCh RuLes if Ur opponent has like towers all clashed together at the front of his base just send a few ghouls near it then use DnD so affective you can destroy up to 8-10 towers so effective

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I reckon the lich sucks. I can never win against anyone with the lich.
I almost choked when I read that. Do you have any idea how powerful that hero is?

The Lich is one of the most potentially dangerous heroes in the game, but he requires a good deal of babysitting to really harness his power.

Ok, let's start off with skills.

Frost Nova:
I rate this as the best non-ultimate spell in the game. It's an awesome unit nuke, dishing out 50/100/150 damage to units surrounding the hapless target and slowing them as well, allowing your troops to have a field day, kinda. Not just that, but it's an awesome hero killer. At level 3, it deals 250 damage to the target, and slows them as well. Throw in a level 3 Coil and you're looking at a badly wounded hero.

Frost Armor:
The armor bonus is pretty nice, and the cold effect is great too. It's not quite as useful as Frost Nova, IMO, because AoE seems to be the way to go against UD more often than not. Plus, it's cheap in terms of mana.

Dark Ritual:
Yeah, it's kinda bad to sacrifice one of your own troops, but this is a really cost-effective mana regenerator. At level 3, you get more than twice the mana from sacrificing a healthy Ghoul than you would from downing a Mana Potion, for 10 gold less as well. You eventually won't need this though.

Death And Decay:
Ehh, it could be better. But it could be worse too. IMO, a game should be decided before Ultimates come to the table.

Now, about the Lich himself... He's a physically fragile hero, easily killed by just about anything, but he has a HUGE Intelligence stat. He has the highest Intelligence out of any hero and, sadly, has the highest DPS out of any Undead hero. Because of this high Intelligence, his mana regenerates very quickly as his level grows higher and higher, which is why you eventually won't need Dark Ritual except in the most dire of circumstances.

Being the fragile bag of bones he is, he probably shouldn't be used alone. But, IMO, NONE of the UD heroes should be used alone. They are all so much more powerful as a team. For example, when you use the DK and the Lich together, you have the ability to heal the Lich, but also the ability to nuke the enemy heroes. With DL/Lich, you can own masses of units by spamming Carrion and Nova.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Liches rool. They can slow down idiots (Coil doesn't), Cast Shields on your own units and D&D is beated at base destruction only by earthquake.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
death night isnt very good. i never win with him.

however from what ive read, most people here are right. dark ritual is one of the best mana regenerating ability. like make a necromancer and raise two dead and use dark ritual on both. it works wonder for your mana! frost nova damages one enemy by a quite a bit and freezes/damages enemies around them. i use it at the beginning of every battle. frost armor is a nice addition ti lich's armor, making him less easy to kill, and those annyoing friggin melee attackers get slowed so you can flee or whatnot. i still think starfall is better then death and decay because of starfalls range, but death and decay can take out buildings much faster and is pretty brutal when buildings are close together. i say lich is the 3rd best hero in the game.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
DK is OK if you wanna be slightly aggressive at the start. But Raise Dead is another thing which makes me reconsider using it first. DL or Lich would work fine, but DL would be better because of Aura.

Before BF was hacked, RageWinterchill had quite a bit to say about DL and DK first, mostly against me :'(. However, they are both considerable.

Masta

Member!
Reaction score
For meelee use Upgraded Ghouls+Necros and use DK+DL for heroes---IT OWNZ

Unless air comes

btw watch out for the DH he burns the mana of miss Lich so ure in deep shit

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's not the lost mana that is the problem for the Lich, unless at low levels. It's the damage that is dealt. Repeated Mana Burns are some serious nuking on the Lich, so a DK is a requirement, so that he can heal the Lich. Keep some mana regenerating item on the DK at all times, whether it be a Sobi Mask or a Mana Potion of some kind, so that way he doesn't have to worry so much all the time. With Pact and Coil, he's one hell of a healer, and the Mana Potions can really make it damned one way, damned the other for the DH.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Yeah. The Lich may have the most mana and intelligence out of them all, but without mana, the Lich is extremely vunerable, like the KotG. However, the KotG has its own protection with summoning and Thorns. Also, the Lich is a little slow so it can't run away from the DH as well.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, the Lich's speed is more than likely a balance issue. All the other caster heroes are of the Fast movement speed, and the Lich is stuck at Average, but imagine if he WAS at Fast. With Unholy Aura, it would be hard as hell to catch up to him, in addition to the fact that Coil makes it difficult to take down any UD hero without killing off the DK first, who is in turn difficult to kill off because of Pact. Let's not forget the Lich also has the best non-Ultimate spell in the game with Frost Nova.

I think I'll make a custom map that has a Lich with Fast movement speed. :lucifer

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
maybe he suck cause you suck.