U~Crypt Fiends being underestimated

Status
Not open for further replies.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
That's the thing. You can't really mix the two together. You must make the decision between one or the other. My typical choice is the Ghouls, simply because they are so useful. It's the predicted choice, but it's also the more widely accepted and proven choice. Ghouls offer the advantage of powerful melee capabilities, cheap cost, and excellent cost-efficiency, in addition to efficient creeping. Fiends offer the advantages of powerful ranged capabilities, versatility, and even more efficient creeping. Take your picks. My vote usually goes to the Ghouls.
Ghouls do have a slight edge for Undead. But I love webbing FW and Chims and letting the Ghouls tear them apart. Ripped ice and acid for dinner.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
In the case of antiair gargoyles are much better. still if you webbed a unit, if they are massing air, then you have taken a few out of the air for you garg.

the problem with undead is their AA is one type of upgrade, and their meele is another.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Heheheh but tearing apart stuff with a tiny Ghoul is fun :D

Well, it's 1.06 now, and things may change. Still, I'd use Gargs too, for the reason that they cost less and the best AA is to use Air itself, with a few exceptions.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
The Fiend has a little advantage when it comes to the bare facts. It is the most powerfullest basic ranged unit in the game meaning, you don't really have to upgrade it's attack, just it's defence, cuz it will still own an archer or Riflemen when they have 3/3, as long as you have at least 0/3 you are in the black.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
0/3? That's kinda obscene; who would really want to go down that path? The damage of the Fiend makes it ideally a good unit to start off with, with homing attacks and not-so-bad health to go with it. It shouldn't take long to get it to 1/2 at least, though 0/3 is weird.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think of the Undead as a primarily offensive race, relying less on living long enough to put out more hits and relying more on being able to deal more damage, a bit a la Zerg. Given a choice, I always pick attack over armor, so I typically will have 3/1 Fiends before remembering to upgrade their armor more.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
This ones simple. Alone they suck hard ****ing dick but with support they aite.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I agree with Rage (again), the homing attacks of the Fiend are great when teched to 3/anything, so you'd not want to go down the defensive path. I mean, attacks you can't dodge hitting you at a moderate rate with massive (well, not massive but still) damage?

It's also the fact that more Undead players in RoC will typically choose DL over Lich as second hero, so it means the Fiends have enough healing to deal with their attacks. Combine that with Crippling first enemy lines and you have..... ownage! Being Ranged, it makes little sense to tech heavily to armour since, well, they'll probably die last being at the back.

But, you might think that the front lines in RoC will be Fiends anyway, that's true for some, but still, Crippling/Cursing the hell out of the front lines provides ample support for that.

That's why I like using Necros as a major support unit with Gargs.

There's also another plus to having additional damage. With the Unholy Aura of the 'godly' DK, it means that the rate of attack is amazing. Combine that with Unholy Frenzy and this is one hell of a match.

Zaku

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Guys if you have TFT go to the replay section and check out my replays, right now im using my Fiend strats. But this with TFT's fiends.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
I thought 1.06 had addressed the fact that now Fiends were better than Ghouls, esp. for creeping?
dude, were at 1.10 and duel aura ghouls rip fiends to shit in RoC, but in TFT they ****ing suck.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Actually, Fiends were never the way to go in a mirror match. Ever since the beginning, UD vs UD were almost always Ghoul Wars. It took a great deal of micro and a considerably higher level of skill in comparison to his opponent for the Fiend player to defeat a Ghoul user.

And yes, I do mean Ghouls. I've even defeated a number of people who tried going for Aboms against me in such battles. Ghouls with a few Aboms could work better, I'm sure, but emphasis on Ghouls.

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
couple days ago i won a 1v3 after my allies left and they killed their bases, the enemies had ALL crypt fiends either fully upgrade dor almost, with web, i massed fully upgraded gargoyles and pwned them all, gargoyles are the best unit in the game, and im a NE fan, i think theyre way too unbalanced witht eh other units, they're not only easy to get but affordable

Allenmoor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey Pan, if you don't go Fiends then what units do u go? I seriously need to no this beucase i want to be a realli good undead played, but i'm still a noob :'(

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Allenmoor
Hey Pan, if you don't go Fiends then what units do u go? I seriously need to no this beucase i want to be a realli good undead played, but i'm still a noob :'(
ok undead vs undead ghouls and abombs are the key. Fiends are good, but they arn't good against abombs and ghouls mixed with gargs.

Anything else I would suggest fiends except against orc if hes getting taurens or mass grunts. Ghouls arn't good massed anymore so they arn't worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.