Status
Not open for further replies.

IHATEMRJONS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Crypt Fiends being underestimated

Lately i have been going mass crypt fiends and i have found out that they are one of the best units in the game. Thye have great attack power good hp and if u upgrade there web attack thing they almost be unstoppable against a army of ground or air.

So i say Crypt Fiends with web and with there upgrades with a good leveled up hero, i say u got an amry u can trust to win.

So wat do u think of this, and i know alot of u will say i go mass necros and mass necros are better than mass fiends but ofcourse not against air.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
HAHAHA CRYPT FIENDS SUCK. The other day i ruined a guy with 4 knights, and he had an army of crypt fiends. Enough said.

Hentai

Member!
Reaction score
Making mass crypt fiends to me is just signing your loss already.

Omega_Weapon_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I tried this in a FFA game...i won, as the ppl were going either melee units or casters....It was a long game....but i pulled through

Erazor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.sector-19.com
Slow + Blizzard = Lots of dead crypts... got watch out for those skeletons... oh wait priest(dispell magic) hehehehe

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Watch those priests, ghouls rip them to shit.

Hmm abolish magic? have fun having to click it individualy while ur getting ur ass clicked and ur priests arn't casting heal.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Your an idiot, I wasn't talking about cryptfiends, im saying stupid priests and sorceresses get ripped to shit by ghouls, and dispel isn't even auto cast so you have to waste magic when you could be casting inner fire or heal.

Magi-Viper

Premium Member
Reaction score
Okaaayy, it seems ive been stating away from this forum 4 2 long.

Lets get the facts straight.

1. Crypt fiends dont suck. If you ALWAYS mass ONLY crypt fiend during the WHOLE game, then u r a newb. But if you use em 4 support when they're needed, then they kill. Pan, there is no way you can make me beleive that you killed an army oif crypt fiends with 4 knights unless he had terrible micro, or if ur hero was 8 lvls higher than his. Trust me, before i was one of the ppl who would mass fiends (and necros) all the time, and although i lost alot, i raped all heavy units (aboms, knights, tauren). Sometimes they r better aa then gargs (hippos, DOTT, gargs- all better to counter with fiends). They also do massive damage to pay up for their slow attack rate.

2. Dispel Magic is an awesome spell. 2 dispels can dispel about 25 skelies. They also dispel things like cripple, BL, IF, UF,polymorph, and roar. Dont come saying that priests suck

Mud

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
wtf???

zerglings??? wtf dude??? (EDIT: WATCH THE FLAMES, BUDDY.)

and to add onto the thread, i think crypt fiends blow for two reasons

i dispel web (their only purpose in my book)

and knights would rule their ass, i believe when pan says he destroyed an army of crypts with 4 knights

to me, going mass crypts is equivalent to going mass gunners or headhunters : /

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Fiends don't get owned that easily, unless someone is absolutely incompetent. The Knights would have to be at 3/3 upgrades against 0/0 Fiends with no focus fire in order to have a ghost of a chance at winning that.

At 550 HP, Fiends easily have the highest HP of the basic ground ranged units, enabling them to stand up to more punishment than ANY of their counterparts can take. Fiends also have very high damage, and their focus fire is lethal to anything in the game. If they just had a faster RoF and could naturally hit air instead of having to bring them down, they'd be perfect. Plus, their high HP allows them to withstand punishing AoE attacks better than any of their counterparts could ever dream of doing. At least Fiends don't all turn legs up after Shockwave/CL like Archers do. And with Unholy Frenzy, their combat efficiency goes crazy. Few things are as scary as 8 Fiends spitting out their attacks like crazy while focus firing.

Fiends are also much more efficient creepers than Ghouls. With 5 Fiends, a DK, and a Lich, you are more than equipped to take down any creep in the game. Fiend focus fire tears any creep apart within seconds, added fire from the Lich (or even a Nova) only helps, and the DK's ability to tank and heal the Fiends is invaluable.

Admittedly, Fiends are slower to come out and are less versatile than Ghouls, who are both highly efficient creepers and equally efficient warriors. Personally, I favor Ghouls over Fiends. But Fiends aren't even half as bad as some of you people seem to think. Part of their strength is surprise. Most people expect Ghouls. They usually aren't ready for Fiends. But going Fiends requires excellent dancing with the DK (the only meatshield), constant focus fire, constant dancing with the Fiends, and lots of Nova spamming to keep the enemy at bay.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
True, Fiends will rarely make a huge impact on offensive, unless the game is very slow paced. Also, try netting stuff like Zeppelins and hit them with Ghouls or something.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The problem is if u mix ghouls and feinds, you require to upgrade two types of unit attack and armor, so your paying twice as much for the units, and its upgrades.

So say stick with ghouls.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That's the thing. You can't really mix the two together. You must make the decision between one or the other. My typical choice is the Ghouls, simply because they are so useful. It's the predicted choice, but it's also the more widely accepted and proven choice. Ghouls offer the advantage of powerful melee capabilities, cheap cost, and excellent cost-efficiency, in addition to efficient creeping. Fiends offer the advantages of powerful ranged capabilities, versatility, and even more efficient creeping. Take your picks. My vote usually goes to the Ghouls.

Status
Not open for further replies.