Twilight Princess

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

The most anticipated game of 2005 and, let's face it, the entire decade is coming out in a US/Japan SIMULTANIOUS release November 1, 2005!

I found this out just the other day, and I'm estatic about it. The game looks awesome, and the story appears to be promising (at least from a bystander's perspective).

You may feel free to comment on anything you like ^_^

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
bamthedoc said:
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

The most anticipated game of 2005 and, let's face it, the entire decade
you'd say that about any new zelda game, wouldnt you? ^^

lets just hope it plays as good as it looks...

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
That tidbit of information, anticipation, comes from GameInformer, EGM, and a multitude of others including game sites like GameSpot (Stop too?) and IGN.

Biske

Reaction score
It'll suck! BOO! Down with Nintendo and their pretentious ways! BOO!

[size=-6]j/k[/size]

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
:frustrate I'll be nice and not report you for spam.

Here is some excellent information on it. It also has the two videos released, one prior and one at E3. I especiallly enjoy watching Link fighting while riding Epona.

The hurricane boomerrang plain rocks. I have a distinct feeling this might be the first T rated Legend of Zelda game. I know I'm getting it Novemeber 1 as I will have a reserve on it ^_^

Is it just me...or does it look like Link is a southpaw ^_^; ? The images are sweat, the graphics are awesome, and Legend of Zelda always means quality of story and gameplay. The "Zelda-style" of action gameplay is evolving, and Nintendo is leading the charge (as always).

Biske

Reaction score
Oh please. That was NOT spam, it was my OPINION.

"feel free to comment on anything you like"

So I made a crack that it'll suck, so what?

Eh, looks nice, but I think they should have waited for it to be on Revolution, so it'll be prettier, and be incentive to buy the system.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You can play it on the Revolution. It is, in a sense, incentive to buy a Revolution.

"If the GameCube can do this, you can just imagine what the Revoultion can do!"

Besides, that means that all that work they've been doing since Takt of the Wind came out would have to be redone for the Revolution. You're talking about improving the graphics at the tail end of production and adapting it to a new processor. That's a lot of hard work that has to be completely reworked.

((Oh. FYI: I call that comment fanboyism, and all fanboyism is spam (imho).))

Kaldaris

Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess, to me is a big step in the series. I love the few screenshots and videos I saw. It seems most of the game revolves around animals. And, I simply adore the beggining. No longer starting as some semi-epical child, you start off as the son of a Farmer, working your way up as the story progresses. I can't help but feel everyone is trying to turn their games dark and gloomy though. (Prince of Persia, for one.)

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
I saw some screenshots and a hands-on review of it in my EGM.

Can't wait, but at the time it had no title.

It's for GC right?

-Frank :cool:

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Legend of Zelda has a history of having some part of the game being gloomy and dark.

Legend of Zelda -- The beginning of the series and in the early days of gaming, the best the story could do for dark and gloomy is a whole truckload of monsters...and Ganon. We can't forget Ganon :ninja:

Legend of Zelda 2: Link's Adventure -- Well...darkness is going to overtake the land and take Princess Zelda from the people if Link can't do what he is asked o_O

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past -- Dark World. What? Who said I had to be descriptive o_O; ?

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time -- Has anybody seen Ganon's floating castle lately? Oh no... It's right over there ^_^;

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask -- Who wan'ts to live the same day over and over again just because some kid got mad at his friends? A dark mind is the best source of gloominess.

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker -- You try the Temple of Darkness and learn of the threat of an even worse flood to cover the world and tell me that ain't dark and gloomy. Yeah. Thought so <_<;

It's the darkness and gloominess that brings about a greater reason to see the story all the way through. LoZ always presents something so dark, so sinister, so gloomy that, if you don't beat the game, you feel like something is missing in the experiance. You have to beat that dark, monsterous being lording his power over you. The presentation of the game, including some very well done cel-shading effects, gives me the idea that this story will definately be the "glory bang end" Nintendo may well need for the GameCube.

When everything else seems to be going out with a fizzle...Nintendo delivers a bomb into your lap. Well. What are you doing to do with it?

>_<

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist saying it. I can't remember where I read it... It may have been GameSpot... I'm thinkint it was their website or magazine... I could be wrong ^_^; It could have actually been those IGN baffoons (which would be incredibly rare that they say something nice about Nintendo).

EDIT: o_O With those graphics and you have to ask if it's for the GameCube or not?! The GBA and DS certainly can't handle it. It's also a Nintendo franchise. Yes. GameCube.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
When you grow up in OOT it is really dark. especialy when you come out and see the entire town completely destroyed then you go to like the shadow temple and shit. it was depressing.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Loved the Zelda series. Can't wait for this new one.

How many hours of gameplay are they shooting for?

Biske

Reaction score
If it's anything like OoT, alot...like, an 8th of your life span.

bam, you take things too serious. I'm not a Nintendo Fanboy, or anything else, don't play console games or much computer games. I've been trailing Revolution since it was announced and I knew it was backwards compatable, but what I'm saying is if they had intended for it to be on the Revolution at the start, it would probably help their sales in the early months, along with SSB3; it just doesn't make too much sence to me to release a blockbuster at the end of GC's life, despite Rev being backwards.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The point is they didn't start development on Twilight Princess for the Revolution. It was meant for the GameCube. They started producing the game long before they even announced their next generation console. Windwaker was announced (as more "realistic" and untitled) while the N64 was still arround, but the GameCube was well known by that point.

Nintendo has planned for Twilight Princess to be a swan song game for the GameCube since shortly after Windwaker's release. Nintendo has yet to release a Zelda title as release fodder.

Biske

Reaction score
bamthedoc said:
Nintendo has yet to release a Zelda title as release fodder.

Majora's Mask wasn't too well accepted, was it? Correct me if I'm horribly wrong which I'm sure you will in a few minutes.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Majora's mask is a good game, but OoT "spoiled" the audience to what many call perfection. It was not release fodder -- reason below.

FYI: Release Fodder is a game that is released at the same time (within the first two weeks) of the console it plays on. Super Smash Bros Melee was GameCube release fodder as was Eternal Darkness.

Biske

Reaction score
Ok, I thought what you ment by release fodder was a game that didn't do so well, but was only released to try and milk a franchise.

Spoiled perfection? How so?

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is one of the few games to be nearly universally given a 10/10 (one of only three on GameSpot, in fact). It became a standard in the video gaming industry, and the battle-style is the most ripped-off in the industry. The style of battle created in OoT became "Zelda-style".