Twilight Princess

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
So...because of that people thought they ripped off Zelda by copying it for a sequel? You're not makin much sence here bam, explain more.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
No he is saying, much like mario 64, the game has been copied. Mario 64 has been the base work for every 3d adventure game to follow it. Zelda has alot of following and therefore otehr companies have copied the same format in thier own games.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I meant that the style created in OoT has been used in games other than LoZ. It became known as the "Zelda-style" because it was first used in LoZ, specifically OoT.

The specific style refers to the targeting and item selection system. I'd get out a list of games that use it, but it's far too numerous. A Zelda game and "Zelda-style" game are very different. Nintendo's the only company to pull of the system very well.

azn_dudex

Member!
Reaction score
Pan said:
When you grow up in OOT it is really dark. especialy when you come out and see the entire town completely destroyed then you go to like the shadow temple and shit. it was depressing.
i thought the forest temple was a lot scaryer than the shadow temple. freaken wall shadow pissed me off

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Youre a goddamn wolf with a catthing on your back at the beginging. How the hell can that be good?

It's going to be crap, like the previous few zelda games. I don't see what the big thing about them is, there are much better games out there that are the same type.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ocarina of Time -- GameSpot 10/10 Game of the Year
Majora's Mask -- GameSpot 8/10 No Award
Wind Waker -- GameSpot 10/10 Game of the Year

Those are the last few LoZ games.

Biske

Reaction score
:NEW TOPIC:

Surely bam has already thought of this, but will this be the first Zelda where the Master Sword isn't present? Unless that is the GBA's didn't have it, don't know never played em, but Ocarina, WW, & LttP did. It seems an intagral part of the story, right? But it isn't mentioned in Twilight Princess.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Krikkit said:
:NEW TOPIC:

Surely bam has already thought of this, but will this be the first Zelda where the Master Sword isn't present? Unless that is the GBA's didn't have it, don't know never played em, but Ocarina, WW, & LttP did. It seems an intagral part of the story, right? But it isn't mentioned in Twilight Princess.
Did the minish cap have it? I couldn't have cared to look for it. I also do beleive the master sword wasn't present in majoras mask (?) and the early NES incarnations of the game.

Biske

Reaction score
Na, now Majora's Mask was a direct off shoot of Ocaraina, so that don't count, but every seperate story. Just seems odd that they would leave such a big piece of Zelda Lore out, or create it to only use it a few times.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It isn't mentioned so far as we know. Nintendo's not going to spoil too much for us. We, likely, won't know fully until it comes out in November.

The Orical games really didn't have the Master Sword. Minish Cap didn't, either. I have a feeling I'm missing another game...

The Triforce is the most integral part of LoZ lore. The Master Sword is something for use against Ganon. Link has never raised his fabled sword in a game where Ganon did not show up in some way, shape, or form.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
bamthedoc said:
It isn't mentioned so far as we know. Nintendo's not going to spoil too much for us. We, likely, won't know fully until it comes out in November.

The Orical games really didn't have the Master Sword. Minish Cap didn't, either. I have a feeling I'm missing another game...

The Triforce is the most integral part of LoZ lore. The Master Sword is something for use against Ganon. Link has never raised his fabled sword in a game where Ganon did not show up in some way, shape, or form.
The oracal games DID have both the Master Sword and Ganon. However this was only done if u had both games. Because after you beat the game, you get a code to use on the other system and it osrt of "transfers" your character from the game to the other than you can beat teh game. aFter however you find Zelda and Ganon steals her and you fight twin Rova and Gannon

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
>_>; I forgot about that...

It does, however, add to the arguement that Link has never raised his fabled Master Sword unless Ganon were present to weild it against.