Time Travel

FakeNameHere

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Time travel is proven by 80% of scientist who say its just not possible. whats your opinion? i say its not possible. but the possibilities of time travel would be sweet.

MacMan

Reaction score
There is a difference between an opinion and an educated conjecture. If you're going to say you don't think time travel is possible, at least give something to support your argument. The whole 'What's your opinion on something-you've-never-read-a-book-about?" thread idea has gotten old.

rally-rose

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well inorder to figure out if time travel is possible you woudl have to figure out time first.
Time is a constant one way stream (or so i've heard) in order to travel in it you would have to either speed it up, or some how make it flow backwards.
If you figured out a way control the time stream, you would then have to find a way to pull yourself out of it. Time woudl speed up and the world would change. if your not pulled out of it, you woudl not even know you had succeded.
But all this is still based on something we know nothing about. TIME
What if time is just movement, change. To freeze time you would only have to make every thing stop. (realy simple, yeah right)
But that would explain a few things. if you see no momvent, no life, everything is still. I suppose many people would go crazy, but if you have the right mind set you could live in an environment like that for a life time and it would only seem like a second, because it was all the same.
But anyways, if we can figure out time, than more than likley some idget will think of a way to travel in it.

FakeNameHere

Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
First of all, you would have NO idea how time travels. For all we know, time could probobly be moving for animate objects all around you and inanimate objects have no time around, creating the visual of movment. nice ava and sig macman.

Qwerty_99

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oh yes the 4th dimension (or is it 5th?) i sorta think time travel can be true (maybe something form back to the future or stargate sg-1) but those are just movies

pyro_junky

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well heres my thery on time travel.... no i dout this would work but its the most logical thing i could think of....

if you go arouond the world like 5 times every secound the oposit way the earth is spinnign you will go back in time, to go forwared go around the world 5 times in 1 secound the way the world is spinning.... ya thats inposible but that could work.

Dependency

Member!
Reaction score
No one else here watch big thinkers on Tech TV?

The current conjecture stating that time travel is not possible that was put in place by Hawkings states that its not possible because... When you go in a worm hole you arrive at the other end over and over and over again until the matter gets so dense that it explodes. So if they could find out a way to not make things that go through a worm hole explode, then it would be possible.

ZeroX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well IF it was possible to time travel, time travel(into the past) is like going up to a river. If you just steal a quarter, thats like throwing a pebble into a river, not much of an effect. but, if you do a big thing, like stopping/continuing the second world war, it could be like throwing a Boulder into the river, causing a greater effect than teh simple pebble.

Dependency

Member!
Reaction score
ehhh wrong, if you go back in time and change things, then you found a way to return to your original time, it would be the same as when you left. BUT if instead you stayed in the time you traveled back to, that world would turn out different.

ZeroX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
so ur saying that if i went on a mass murdering spree, came back to our time, everything would be the same? if i got the nuke codes and nuked the world, and went back to the futuer, itd be the same? ok right

Iliaran

Member!
Reaction score
The best argument I've come across with regard to the impossibility of time travel: If time travel were possible in the future, then why don't I see any tourists from the future touring our world now?

Raven

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
time is an illusion. it is created in our minds so as we can understand the universe. since the universe has no beginning and no end then there can be no time.

Dependency

Member!
Reaction score
Raven thats deep.

And yes i am saying that if you go back in the future and blow up the world, then somehow traveled back to THE SAME INSTANCE of the future that you came from, everyeone would be alive. Thats what physics says. Im not some physics major so my knowledge is limited but the current laws end up saying that.

If thats bullcrap then so is the tourist arguement because they were both said by the same person. Hawkings.

FakeNameHere

Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
no ravens an idiot. Time is not an illusion, you just said it was. if the universe has no beggining or end, you wouldnt be born nor would the universe exits. your saying that we do not exist. thats the stupidest thing i ever heard. and i heard some pretty stupid stuff but trying to sound smart is worse.

Dependency

Member!
Reaction score
yea but it was deep, and i was trying to be nice even tho i completey dissagreed w/it, thx for blowing my cover =P

ZeroX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Dependency
ehhh wrong, if you go back in time and change things, then you found a way to return to your original time, it would be the same as when you left. BUT if instead you stayed in the time you traveled back to, that world would turn out different.

And yes i am saying that if you go back in the future and blow up the world, then somehow traveled back to THE SAME INSTANCE of the future that you came from, everyeone would be alive. Thats what physics says. Im not some physics major so my knowledge is limited but the current laws end up saying that.
Changing ur info around huh?
btw, we make the future, there is no predetermined future.

beebawp88

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You know, we all are alike we have many many theories on time time travel, the universe, etc etc, but which one of us can actually prove it? until we have the technology to prove it, the knowledge and minds to understand it we cannot 100% beleive that time travel is possible despite all the different theories. but they're cool to consider :)

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
You cant say time travel is possible. And you cant say it isnt. Theoretically (sp?) it is possible. If u write it out with pen and paper its possible to figure it out... my teacher showed it to me after school once and explained it to me very well. But that was waaaay back when i was a freshman... and i dont remember it well. But physcially its not. I do remember one thing though, you'd need to find a way to endure 30,000 tons of pressure. If you go fast enough in space or something, you can actually accellerate time or something i dunno it was a long time ago.