Time Travel

Raven

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
why would its shape effect its seeing the light travelling at light speed? i know that an observer in the rocket has to see the beam of light going at light speed but why does it size have to change?

evlnightking

Member!
Reaction score
Website
members.fortunecity.com
There's an issue of Popular Science out that explains the idea of time travel. Someone said it earlier, I'm just giving another source, if you travel at 10x faster than light speed for 5 years, by the time you got back, everyone at home would be 50 years older, while you would look 5 years older. And the variables are interchangeable, so it could be 5x faster for 10 years, so on and so forth.

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
The whole matter of traveling faster than light is what's so debatable.

Neanderthal x2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by evlnightking
There's an issue of Popular Science out that explains the idea of time travel. Someone said it earlier, I'm just giving another source, if you travel at 10x faster than light speed for 5 years, by the time you got back, everyone at home would be 50 years older, while you would look 5 years older. And the variables are interchangeable, so it could be 5x faster for 10 years, so on and so forth.
but thats only a theory. We cant do it yet with our kind of technology, and it probably would be years before we would get the tech and would find someone willing enough to try it. He would probably be knocked unconscious anyway by 30 gs anyway.

MacMan

Reaction score
The physics behind it are very strong, but it would still be theory since calculations can predict to only a degree (but are often extremely close). 30 Gs would also be more than enough to kill someone.

MacMan

Reaction score
Was that directed at me? I glanced over all my posts in this thread, and all I saw was "hole." If I did misspell it, it wouldn't really be your place to judge intelligence from a single typo, while at the same time posting a reply totally lacking in grammar.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Einstein once claimed "sorry newton"

Logically think for a second. How can it be possible? If we, lived it how can it possibly, happen again? There was a story! Of this, on the radio three weeks ago,actually.

There "was" a guy. I, think his name was "Andrew something" (any ways)... "Andrew something", made an enormous amount of money.. In 3 days, from stocks... Something, like three million. So ... He was later arrested and charged. With insider tradeing. He then claimed, "that he was from the future and after seeing this it was to good to give up". So... he came back in time. "I can't show you the machine do to if it falls into the wrong hands". "If you let me go I can tell you the cure for diseases like Aids the or the, where abouts of Osama bin laden!" The weird part is that they had no identification or records. On him... Any way, a week later I heard a follow up. The guy, had skipped his court hearing and they did a man hunt on him. They, couldn't find him.

Yet another way of doing it more, logical way. Is every flicker of light, every movement, gives off energy and then gets stuck in theatmosphere or something. So... if we could speed up faster then that. We would be able to see time literally, flash before our eyes. You couldn't change it, but you could see it.