Thought on homosexuality and same sex marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the bible says that we should kill homosexuals... so really, if gays cant be christian neither can anyone else who says no to killing gays in the name of god.

god calls for the deaths of many types of people in the old testiment

no one does exactly what the bible says to do. no one. so why hate gays for it? accept that they are sinners just as yourself.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Black~Enthusiasm said:
Furthermore, christianity, Islam, and Judéisme do, in fact, regard homosexuality as a sin
You do realize that there are about a billion types of Christianity, right?

L

Laharl

Actually, the ATTRACTION makes the orientation, not the acts themselves. It's possible to be a virgin homosexual (as I am), just as it's possible to be a virgin heterosexual. Please try to avoid saying stupid things like that in the future.

Black~Enthusiasm said:
Furthermore, christianity, Islam, and Judéisme do, in fact, regard homosexuality as a sin
About christianity: It does NOT regard homosexuality as a sin. It is simply against "Gay sex". You don't appear to know your own case that well. A little research on the topic can't hurt either.

Naming those three "seperate religions" as being against it is meaningless. Any world religion historian worth his salt will tell you that they are all from the Jewish faith, and almost completely the same in many, many respects.

amrtin777 said:
the bible says that we should kill homosexuals... so really, if gays cant be christian neither can anyone else who says no to killing gays in the name of god.
The bible says that we should kill anyone who participates/participated in "gay sex". That includes people who are just "curious". It says NOTHING about killing homosexuals who are have never had sex with another guy. In fact, that law is part of Leviticus, which is part of the Laws of Moses. When Jesus came and died on the cross, he did the equivalent of tearing down and destroying the necessity to follow the Laws of Moses to the letter. Guess what? Homosexuality is no longer a mortal sin. In fact, it is now at the same level as lieing.

amrtin777 said:
no one does exactly what the bible says to do. no one. so why hate gays for it? accept that they are sinners just as yourself.
Again, good point amrtin77. In fact, men according to the bible, are not allowed to shave their beards. Eating pork is a sin (heh), and if you think about ANYBODY you are not married to in a physical way, it's adultery. You aren't allowed to have clothes made from mixed materials, you can't eat anything from the sea except fish (no octopus for you tonight!). Do any of that you're officially a sinner :)

c9h13no3 said:
There ARE many types of christianity, and many of them do NOT regard "gay sex" as a sin.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes, but the whole concept of christianity does. If you are a fag then you will eventually have "gay sex" especially if yuo are going to marry someone. Christianity is against gays. Just face it, stop making ignorant claims that christianity is only against gay sex and not gays in general, thats just stupid. Anyways, if there is a god (there isn't) then he hates you and wants you to die, he doesn't want you getting married in his church thus disgracing the whole religion.

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
gay xxx is phucking ga. who does it anyway?

L

Laharl

Actually, my friend with the liquer bottle for an avatar, I'm NOT making ignorant claims. Is it incomprehendable to you that a couple of guys can marry and not have sex? Maybe there's something called emotional love, which shallow teens are yet to learn about.

Pick up whatever is left of your dignity, although it isn't a whole lot.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Big-Fat-Homo said:
Actually, my friend with the liquer bottle for an avatar, I'm NOT making ignorant claims. Is it incomprehendable to you that a couple of guys can marry and not have sex? Maybe there's something called emotional love, which shallow teens are yet to learn about.

Pick up whatever is left of your dignity, although it isn't a whole lot.
Heh, still a whole shit load more then you got, since you are gay meaning already have no dignity. Yes you are making ignorant claims, like the one you did in your reply that is located directly above mine.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
I really don't care much about homosexuality as long as they don't go overboard about it (ie. gay pride parades). but marriage....well think of it this way: if we let them get married, what will stop necropheliacs and incest to get married too?

after all they can pull the "well you let them" card.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Homosexuality? Meh, Bit too general statement there borednerd.. but Ill post my feelings about them.

It's neutral, afterall, they are all same human beings like us 'normal' people, they just have different thought process... and well is attracted to their own gender.

so... WHAT?!?

They love man when they are man, they love woman when they are woman, who gives a flying crap? I mean, why dont people just leave them alone? I mean, they can be cool and be gay at the same time, if my friend was like that, I wouldnt care, Im all grown up, hes all grown up, we're going to act appropriately when we're in public. Everyone knows that.. it just makes me go nuts to see people against homosexuality, bible is dumb, get to the fact people.

L

Laharl

I made a reference to your avatar, which is in no way ignorant. Mind quoting an actual "ignorant claim"?

In fact, you yourself are guilty of quite a bit of ignorance. You can NOT deny ANYBODY their rights, regardless of who they are. The devil himself would get equal rights, so long as he is not breaking any laws. And seeing how my record is perfect, I can not be denied my rights.

Also, is it possible that two people get married out of more than physical lust? Or are you unable to understand that a couple can truely CARE about each other? There is more to a relationship than just sex...

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Big-Fat-Homo said:
I made a reference to your avatar, which is in no way ignorant. Mind quoting an actual "ignorant claim"?

In fact, you yourself are guilty of quite a bit of ignorance. You can NOT deny ANYBODY their rights, regardless of who they are. The devil himself would get equal rights, so long as he is not breaking any laws. And seeing how my record is perfect, I can not be denied my rights.

Also, is it possible that two people get married out of more than physical lust? Or are you unable to understand that a couple can truely CARE about each other? There is more to a relationship than just sex...
Heh, ah dude, i don't know about your country, but in the real world your rights are denied to you all the time. We are having this conversation because your so called "rights" are denied to you, and since Bush won, doesn't look like any gays are gonna get married any time soon. Civil union among gays is fine,
but marriage isn't, because it is a claim that "god" aproves your bond, but according to that same religion that "god" hates you. So that makes that whole thing pointless because that religion doesn't aprove of you existing. Your claim that Christianity isn't prosecuting fags is ignorant. Just so you know.

B~E

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Indeed, as long as nobody can argue the fact that marriage is a religious institution, and that as such it must follow whats in the bible, there is nothing left to say.

Big-Fat-Homo said:
TGod does not persecute homosexuals, per say, but those who have "Gay sex"
Exactly. Its like, you can have an urge to kill somebody, but its not a sin as long as you dont do it. And sorry for the gruesome comparaison. ;)

c9h13no3 said:
Maybe, but what does the mainstrem christian religion, the one based in Rome, believe ? Aren't they the one with the opinion that matter the most ?
If not, I guess I would have to revise my argument.

amrtin77 said:

god calls for the deaths of many types of people in the old testiment

God said homosexuality is a sin, but God also said love your neibourg, which means that you dont have to hate or kill any sinner, because its God's right to deal with them, not yours.
So I dont whant to hear anything about God being a bloodthirsty maniac, its simply not true.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
wrong. i can argue that marraige is NOT a religious institution. why is it not religious? it is a government controlled program, and the government is, and should stay SECULAR.

marraige may have started off as a religious thing, but now that the government has adoptedit it must STAY secular.

God said homosexuality is a sin, but God also said love your neibourg, which means that you dont have to hate or kill any sinner, because its God's right to deal with them, not yours.
So I dont whant to hear anything about God being a bloodthirsty maniac, its simply not true.
if you read througrh the old testemant you will see god is nothing more than a bloodthirsty maniac. to say otherwise is simply not true.

the new testemant is more acceptable today, but you cannot deny the way god acts in the old beliefs.

and no, one religion does NOT "matter most." the government should stay the **** out of religion completely! if a person wants to believe in something, then go ahead as long as he doesnt break any of the governments secular laws!

seperation of church and state please ><

B~E

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
amrtin77 said:
wrong. i can argue that marraige is NOT a religious institution. why is it not religious? it is a government controlled program, and the government is, and should stay SECULAR.

marraige may have started off as a religious thing, but now that the government has adoptedit it must STAY secular.
You know, if its true that marriage are completly secular, my whole argument is void.
I guess I'll have to check that up. :)

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Black~Enthusiasm said:
Maybe, but what does the mainstrem christian religion, the one based in Rome, believe ? Aren't they the one with the opinion that matter the most?
Most protestant churches couldn't care less about what the pope thinks.

B~E

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yhea, I know, but they care what is written in the bible. While they have many disagrement with Rome over theological issues I forgot about, they still agree over most of the basic stuff, am I right ?
Despite the position im defending here, I am far from being knowledgable concerning religion, so please go ahead and corect me.

L

Laharl

Many protestant groups, in fact, say that homosexuality ("gay sex") is NOT a sin. Christianity cannot seem to keep it's story straight (pardon my pun)

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
bleh, i came to compliment you B~E, for the rather thought provoking posts both here and at the tatu forums. you also managed to find some of the dumbest people ive ever seen on a forum. after all, gays are richer, smarter, and physic.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Actually, many Protestants don't consider the RCC to be a real Christian religion, and vice-versa. But they do mostly agree on homosexuality.

And marriage is no longer a religious institution. It used to be, but when the government began affording rights to married couples, the state essentially took it over.

That's why, to have a legally binding marriage, you must first abtain a marriage license.

what will stop necropheliacs
Can a dead person sign a legally binding contract, or give legal consent?

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the only valid argument with "if we allow this whats to stop---" is polygomy or incest. beastily dont work coz animals cant consent, and young children arent of adult age yet so its pointless to argue with that.

but polygamy only has "it would be difficult for the government to keep under control"

and incest has the obvious problem with having messed up children.

Status
Not open for further replies.