Status
Not open for further replies.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Snagg said:
How do you prove that two humans are in love? Is there really scientific proof that yes, these two are in love. No. It is simply a mutual feeling. There is no science in saying who is in love with who.
humans can communicate with eachother to a MUCH greater extent than we can communicate with animals. we can express our feelings to eachother more than we can with animals.

Polygamy is illegal in Canada. The government wants one partner only, because of tradition reasons and others such as what will happen in a divorce?
i do not live in canada, and honestly did not know that. i think thats stupid. putting someone in jail, or even fining them because of having multiple partners is retarded. since when does, or why SHOULD the government have any say in what people do in bed? unless you mean polygamy as actually marrying multiple people. its not legal in america either as far as will the marraige be legally recognized is concerned. but no one is going to put you in court for having sex with more than one person, or cheating on your partner. i dont think that is the governments buisness.

edit:

So BTW you're allowed relatives to marry?
no, a marraige between relatives is not recognised by the government. but aside from morality the only problem is the health hazards of having mutated children.

as far as i know its not illegal for relatives to have sex.. im not sure how the government would go about convicting people for that. if im wrong about this tell me.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
If marrying relatives is not recognized by the government, why should same sex marriage be? And it's not marrying of multiple wives... not having sex with multiple women that's illegal.

It doesn't matter if two humans communicate better. You're still discriminating people who love monkeys and vice versa from having the same marriage rights as an average, male/female couple. It is totally absurd to say I'm going to discriminate people who want to marry monkeys, marry relatives, and marry multiple wives, but I'm going to let people who want to marry people of the same sex. At least relatives and mulitple wives can actually procreate.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Snagg said:
If marrying relatives is not recognized by the government, why should same sex marriage be? And it's not marrying of multiple wives... not having sex with multiple women that's illegal.

It doesn't matter if two humans communicate better. You're still discriminating people who love monkeys and vice versa from having the same marriage rights as an average, male/female couple. It is totally absurd to say I'm going to discriminate people who want to marry monkeys, marry relatives, and marry multiple wives, but I'm going to let people who want to marry people of the same sex. At least relatives and mulitple wives can actually procreate.
listen, the animal argument doesnt fly because of our inability to communicate in depth with animals and recieve an agreement from the animal.

im not saying same sex marraiges should be recognised by government. im saying NO religious marraige should be recognised by government. if the government wants to give benifits for being with a partner, they should make it a civil union. this union should be for any two human beings of consenting age.

the discussion about relatives is something that would have to be settled with time. i feel that if relatives want to get married they should be forced to not have children. whether it be fixing them so they physically cannot procreate, to avoid deformed children, or just putting the woman on the pill. i dont think relatives should be allowed to have children because of the birth defects. it isnt fair to the child. then maybe im wrong about this.

my whole point is get out of marraige, so the churches arent so pissy, and make civil unions. this could be to unite any two human beings of consenting age. the reason polygamy shouldnt be legally recognised is because it would be a pain in the ass when drawing out some sort of marraige rights. it would have to go case by case depending on who had how many wives, and if those wives were married to other men the guy wasnt married to or all kinds of shit. it would be way too complex and unfeasable. and humans loving eachother is very different than loving animals. the reason is because animals can NOT consent to anything we do to them. if im not mistaken you have to have both partners consent in order to be married -.-

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not fair for a child with parents that related...

but isn't it worse for a child with parents of the same sex (adoption)?

Let's not stray too far from the topic. First, we're allowing same sex couples to marry... yet there is only one percent of them in Canada. Why are we going to let such a small minority have these rights? Isn't it unfair for other minorities with similar issues?

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Why the **** do you people care? It's not like they're coming up and ****ing you in the ass. If they want to be gay and marry, let them damnit, they're not your property for you to judge what they can and can't do.

As an American you have every goddamn right to do whatever you want, in the Constitution it says all men are equal, including gay men and women.

****ing homophobe Bible huggers

-Frank :cool:

Firebat

Member!
Reaction score
IceDevil9 said:
Why the **** do you people care? It's not like they're coming up and ****ing you in the ass. If they want to be gay and marry, let them damnit, they're not your property for you to judge what they can and can't do.

As an American you have every goddamn right to do whatever you want, in the Constitution it says all men are equal, including gay men and women.

-Frank :cool:
word. T_T :heart

P.S Frank lets play cs together

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
It'd be a slippery situation if we allowed gay marriage you see. If we allow gay marriage, many other groups will want their way and change the constitution.

If such a small group can have so much power over government, everyone will start forming pressure groups and wanting their way of marriage (relatives, animals)

All men are equal. So does that mean we are allowing relatives to marry? How about men who like to marry barbie dolls? If those are not allowed, why should homosexual marriage be?

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
We, at least I care because it destroys the sanctity of marriage and it is a sin. That is why I care though it holds absolutely no weight in a debate, but you asked after all.

You are absolutely right. Last time I checked homosexual people have the exact same rights as heterosexual people. The constitution does say all men are equal, meaning every homosexual man can marry any person of the opposite gender just like any heterosexual person. Equally disallowed is equal. A heterosexual person cannot marry a person of the same gender. These two groups have the exact same constitutional rights.

****ing gay married terrorist...
Look at me, I can use stupid phrases too!
---
Everything else in the last page or so has pretty much already been said and I have already commented on it so I did not feel the need to again. I just posted to clear up something that was actually wrong and not opinion.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Tipsy said:
Equally disallowed is equal.
I should have never made that point. ;)

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
but aside from morality the only problem is the health hazards of having mutated children.
"Children of unrelated parents have a 3 percent to 4 percent chance of being born with a serious birth defect. Children of first cousins have only a slightly higher risk--roughly a 4 percent to 7 percent chance."

Incest is called "wrong" because it causes birth defects and such, but it really doesn't make much of a difference....Our personal ideas of "right" and "wrong", not actual facts, get in the way of allowing certain types of relationships.

If two people say they love each other and both are willing to get married and (if possible) have children, even knowing the risks, who cares? It's their choice....

I agree with amrtin, the government should make civil unions. That way, every pair of consenting adults gets the same benefits. If you want to be recognized as joined under God, well, I'm sure you can find a pastor who agrees with you to perform a ceremony and sign the damn piece of paper >.>

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
please read before you react

10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong

1. Homosexuality is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy
behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has
legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women
are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if homosexual marriage were
allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children.
Homosexual couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be
allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world
needs more children.

7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours,
the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's
why we have only one religion in America.

9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we
as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never
adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the
service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
all the ****ing gay ppl parading in some states are setting bad examples for children in america. do you want america to be known as the gay homosexual country?? have some self esteem. some things should change and some things just shouldnt. homosexuality was despised in the past why make it acceptable to do it now?? it aint natural and nearly everything that aint natural caused some kind of problem. eg we never used to use all these shit we have now and it is causing global warming. did joo hear the news yesterday? greenland is melting quite rapidly and the sea level is rising. so if we let homosexuality loose then it may cause diseases just like AIDS.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
AZN_FLEA said:
homosexuality was despised in the past why make it acceptable to do it now??
Yea, just like black people. WHY ARENT THEY STILL SLAVES? THAT WAS HOW IT USED TO BE!

And that Top 10 list is beautiful. Pretty much explains the entire logic (read: lack thereof) of the anti-homosexuals.

I believe, now that we have reached 15 pages, with about 3 pages worth of anything useful, it is time for a lock. gogo

B~E

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lights said:
Yea, just like black people. WHY ARENT THEY STILL SLAVES? THAT WAS HOW IT USED TO BE!

And that Top 10 list is beautiful. Pretty much explains the entire logic (read: lack thereof) of the anti-homosexuals.

I believe, now that we have reached 15 pages, with about 3 pages worth of anything useful, it is time for a lock. gogo
You're being too hars on this thread. As someone who has followed the entire discussion, I can say this thread was exemplary, until around the eight page.

L

Laharl

If anything, I'm a POSITIVE example for children...

My sexuality has nothing to do with anything, yet people insist of trying to stop me from "marrying" somebody I care about. I get discriminated against almost daily, it would be easier to just play dead but I say "I am who I am, and those who would hold it against me don't matter". That is one of the best lessons you can receive in life, to ignore those who want to hurt you emotionally and be who you are.

Like I said earlier, "civil unions" would only make for more concentrated discrimination. Not only that, but as the Supreme Court of Canada ruled, the "opposite-sex requirement" for marriage is unconstitutional. End of story.

And as I keep saying, there are MANY ministers, and church congregations who want to allow same-sex marriage and PERFORM same-sex marriage, including my minister. Do you want to stop them from performing said marriages?

It all comes down to conservatives worrying about "losing" a word. The power of many "homophobic" phrases is almost null because they are used by the people they are supposed to be insulting to A LOT. They are just scared of losing their word.

But, in whole, same-sex marriage WILL be legal in Canada. It almost completely is.

Note: Allowing civil unions for same-sex couples will be redundant in about 80% of Canada - it will overlap with the ability of many couples to get married.

edit: No. Homosexuality does not "cause aids". That is a misdemeaner from the 80's when aids was called the "gay mans disease". It was more 'common' in the "gay community" because homosexuals at the time were not using protection. (We cannot get pregnant).

Also, if "the risk of aids" is your arguement then everyone should be white lesbians. They are the least likely to get aids.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Lights said:

Have you lost it? How do slavery and homosexuals have anything in common? They don't.

Homosexuals are perverse, not normal, and are sinful just as anyone else. We all sin, and we should all change our ways. But that's not going to happen. Its hard work, and people hate hard work.

When people ask "what's happened to the world?" they should start by asking what they've all accepted into the world.

btw> This dicussion went sour after the first page

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
MrBret said:
Have you lost it? How do slavery and homosexuals have anything in common? They don't.
Lights was responding to what AZN_FLEA said about "homosexuality was despised in the past why make it acceptable to do it now??", and could be seen in the same way. To change the words, whites despised black people in the past, so what makes it acceptable for them not to be slaves now?

And as I keep saying, there are MANY ministers, and church congregations who want to allow same-sex marriage and PERFORM same-sex marriage, including my minister. Do you want to stop them from performing said marriages?
Didn't you ask this once before where somebody responded that you cannot stop a church from doing whatever they please, whether it is marrying people of the same sex, multiple people, or a pie to a cow.

It all comes down to conservatives worrying about "losing" a word. The power of many "homophobic" phrases is almost null because they are used by the people they are supposed to be insulting to A LOT. They are just scared of losing their word.
That is the whole thing right there. I am scared that the meaning of the sacrament of marriage will be lost forever by its' definition being changed. I don’t want the sacrament of marriage to be insulted by allowing same sex people to be married.

I'm still hoping that the United States will not change the definition of marriage or just as amrtin77 wants, just have marriage be completely removed from the government and give everyone civil unions, whether they be same sex or opposite sex.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if god is suppose to be fair to everyone then why would it matter if they were different?

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
betaalpha5 said:
if god is suppose to be fair to everyone then why would it matter if they were different?
It isn't a sin if they are homosexual. It is a sin if they act on their homosexual desires. If you want the complete reasoning of why it is a sin, then look at one of my earlier posts, but to put it simply, because it is against Natural Law.

(This thread came so close to leaving the front page and then came back :-/)

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i wanted it to come back, and i knew i would get flamed for posting so whatever :p

Status
Not open for further replies.