BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
lol i aint paying shit per month for a video game..... so im not gonna get it

WildfireFX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A game called runescape has it so that there are two options. People who pay get access to another half of the world that is available to them only and more items. Free players have access to only half the world and not all of the "members" items.

And about "dupes"? You seriously think that will stop people from duping? People who dupe have access to credit cards too.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
1) Runescape is a crappy game, that doesn't really have more than 2 GM's per server.
2) Dupes don't exactally exist on MMO's because they get zapped pretty much right away...

WildfireFX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
1. Runescape doesn't even have GM's. And yeah, it's actually not a bad game.
2. They don't? What about diablo? (I suppose that's different but in general it's the same.)

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
WildfireFX said:
1. Runescape doesn't even have GM's. And yeah, it's actually not a bad game.
2. They don't? What about diablo? (I suppose that's different but in general it's the same.)
Runescape has 1-3 GM's per server, to handle bug issues and such. It's a crappy game.
Diablo isn't an MMO, and people don't pay monthly to play it. It would be like saying "Why doesn't this bannana taste like that apple?"

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
This all comes down to the fact that the servers cost soooo much money to run. It costs so much money that they need to pass that on to the customers. I understand that, but they make about 5 dollars for every 10 that they get from you. That is how MMO people get rich. You wouldn't normally get 50% profit on a regular game. Its only MMO's where they can get massive profit like that. They also get the profit on a continual basis (every month), which is a really good business decision if it is an addicting game.

The magic formula Addicting Game + Monthly Fee = $$$$ comes to mind when I think of MMO's. MMO's are not worth the money ever, its just that simple. If you want to waste your life away leveling up a character for absolutely no reason, go right ahead. MMO's are really a basic economic principle, like the magic formula above. Blizzard will make insane amounts of money on this game regardless of whether or not it is bad. Because MMO's are a safe genre these days, making an MMO is about as risky as releasing the latest Pro Football game for Xbox.

WildfireFX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If runescape is such a shitty game, why do 1000's of people play it at a time? Their report feature works good to catch scammers etc.. because it takes a screenshot of the last 30 seconds.

Oh and why doesn't this bannana taste like that apple?!

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
1000's of people play Runescape because it's free, theres (little to) no download required to play it, and it's easy to get started at.