This game would own if....

Icey_Gregorio

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This game woul own if....

THE DAM THING IS FREE! Why most they charge u to play it? :confused: I would play it if it wasnt for that. So I jsut say **** it. I will never pay for online games unless every game in the world ends up doing this.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sigh.. discussed so many times. Kids who can't afford a measly 10 dollars a month whine about it.. here we go.

Do you want WoW to be like Diablo II? No. We don't want to have dupes, bugged items, or whatever. If we didn't pay monthly noone would work to stop that from happening. We have to pay money so they can pay their employees.

Do you want WoW to be updated? Yes. If we don't pay for it the game would hardly be updated. There wouldn't be many new quests, new features wouldn't be installed, and the game would just die. Once you do all of the quests and they won't install anything, it would get boring! They are going to add new items, new character customizations, and a lot more. Many new features will be added, and the game would improve a lot.

Do you want a WoW expansion? I would. Blizzard would lose a lot of money, and fast if there is no monthly fee. They would have to fire a lot of people, and WoW would die. If WoW dies, there wouldn't be an expansion. Hopefully, if WoW turns out tobe really great, we will have a new expansion.

Icey_Gregorio

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: This game woul own if....

Originally posted by Icey_Gregorio
THE DAM THING IS FREE! Why most they charge u to play it? :confused: I would play it if it wasnt for that. So I jsut say **** it. I will never pay for online games unless every game in the world ends up doing this.
Yup I'm jsut a poor ass bastard kid that dosn't want to pay 10$ in a game when I got thigns to pay like bills. Say insurance, electric, water, and pleanty more. So why would I want to add 10 bucks to my monthly fee's?

SoNiC_tHe_IgEl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.kotzwuerg.de.vu
10$ isnt that much ... and if u like the game and pay for it u arent going to buy other games ->

every month one game = 30-40$

or play one very good game and pay 10$ ?

They have to do this cuz the server is very expensive to host?

Would u like to play on the b.net? europe gateway crashs 1-2 times a month and this suxx

wow servers arent going to crash cuz the update them too and look on everything... so they need the money...

and 10$ isnt that much :p

-Sonic

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes i agree,but u need credit card,and that i dont have so n wow for me :(

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
You can use Paypal, PayCash.com, credit card, debit card, or Money Orders....Or at least you can with every other MMO I've played

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Ten dollars a month is alot when you have to work a job, pay for car insurance, gas money, cell phone bill, and essentials. Soon enough even pay for some college education.

Basically if you have to do all that I have to do you wouldn't have much time to play the game and all around make it worth the while to be pouring money into it monthly.

If you're a kid, Gregorio, then you shouldn't be paying for bills such as electricity and water. Assuming you -are- doing that then you should have a steady full-time job there for money shouldn't be much of a problem for you.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
10$ a month isn't a lot. If you guys don't like it, don't play the game. Thats less than 35cents a day.

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Who buys a game every month? I also have a feeling it will come out to a little more than 10, maybe 12 dollars. Blizzard knows how many kids will beg their parents until they pay the 12$ / how many people will just pay it anyway because they think the game will be the best thing since sliced bread. The money adds up it's over 120$ a year. I personally think this game will suck, if not because of the game then because of the quality of people playing it. People who are paying monthly to play a game don't want to help others, or even bother being courteous, as far as the MMO's I've tried. I didn't play for long, but long enough to realize that the games just don't work.

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't think the money is the real issue, I'm willing to bet blizzard charges the fee and then forgets about the game after six months to a year.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
No company that has released an MMO has left it patchless within the first 3 years of a game. Blizzard isn't going to do that.

Also note that MMO's have a much larger fanbase and buying base than games like SC, WC or D2. People still today buy the Ultimate Everquest set, which is like EQ with its first 5 expansions, because they need another account, or they got their friends hooked on it, or other reasons.

z-tah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by SoNiC_tHe_IgEl
10$ isnt that much ...

Err.. It's gonna be 12.95$ and as I'm in Canada it will be around 18$. Pretty far from 10$ thx

Ok just to compare

Number of fun paid per hour :

Diablo II : ~ 0,04$ (50$ classic + LoD)
What if WoW is gonna cost that much : ~ 5,45$ (like 70$ + monthly fee)

Still having fun with Diablo II, and I should stay with it, but as WoW is gonna be kickass, IT WILL WORTH IT.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Buying time in bulk would be a lot more convenient, but it could also lead to you wasting money if you don't play.

You should be able to play monthly or in bulk. The people that KNOW they will be playing for a long time and they won't quit can buy in bulk, but for the people who don't know how long they will play and might not know if they will like they game they can pay monthly.

If they have the option of buying in bulk, I will pay in bulk. :)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Paying 18 bucks per month for me here in Canada, is too much for gay online game where all you do is click click and kill monsters 24/7 because you cant level for shitz =/

I think it will be fun, only if its not like lineage and other online games.

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
You see if you set like $10 aside every few weeks by the time the game comes out you'll have about $150 to use towards it which is what i'm going to do, there should be no money problems, if you can't grab $10 from work or your parents a month then you deserve not to have it.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Exactally. If you have a computer good enugh to run the game, and have a decent internet connection, you should be able to fork over at LEAST 20$ a month.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't see why people think that they can't afford 10 dollars a week. Just save up a little nest egg before the game comes out.

Nicholas The Slide

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
my only problem with paying money for a game (monthly) is that you pay 50-60$ for game wen it come out..and 10$ per month to play it so lets see..after 1 year u just spent...180$ on that game

thats money you could have used to like make ur comp batter or pay bills or eat..we all love food..and im bettin WoW will do really well for like 2months-maybe a year and then noone will play it..im betting this