This game looks stupid

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I'm sorry, it so reminds me of Baldur's Gate for the PS2 (not PS3!), in terms of graphics and impression. Just that it's point-and-click rather than mashing with a controller.*

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Lol Its In Alfa U Nerb. Its So Fonna Look Diffrent Laterrr /caps

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm sorry, it so reminds me of Baldur's Gate for the PS2 (not PS3!), in terms of graphics and impression. Just that it's point-and-click rather than mashing with a controller.*
Thats what I was thinking. I saw a picture on here last night tho that was How it looks/ How it should look and i was very plesead with the second pic. where did it go?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
remember guys its only in developmental stage... lol things are boudn to change

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
It's ****ing blizzard. When has blizzard made a game that has used top of the line graphics? Why do you think they make the game in these graphics? To sell to more people. Not everyone has top of the line hardware.

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's ****ing blizzard. When has blizzard made a game that has used top of the line graphics? Why do you think they make the game in these graphics? To sell to more people. Not everyone has top of the line hardware.
QTF. just take a look at WoW.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
i thought the boss model looked great, the trees looked cool, but most of the mobs looked lame. diablo is supposed to have a dark atmosphere, most of the monsters have a really light looking colors...meh.

I get the feeling its gonna be like how people felt about then new james bond

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I for one liked the PS2 Baldur's Gate. Not as much as Champions of Norrath, but it was pretty decent. I personally really dig the graphical style in the trailers, pops normal D2 into 3D and looks pretty decent doing it. I think the enemies look pretty sweet...the glow gives them an ethereal, spiritual look like something not of this world, and I dig it.

Boss intro sequences are pretty damn sweet too.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
the game looks pretty sweet.

You know amazingly real life doesn't only have games in shades of brown, everything looks fine.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Yeah, they showed, what 2 areas? Not every area is going to be like the labyrinth in Diablo 1. That would be retarded because this game obviously will expand into new areas in sanctuary, just like Diablo II did. Whats so atmospheric about a desert with beetles and bugs in it?

Silly people.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
What we have been shown so far is nothing more than a taste of what's to come...and I have to say, I'm liking it. I wants mores. =)

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
FRom what I have seen, I am pretty impressed of how far Diablo 3 changed from Diablo 2.

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I like everything about it. And I can't wait to see the new Amazon.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Hoping of course there is still such a thing. Classes are looking to be built more on gender neutrality, since you can choose either a male or female form. I have a hunch too, there'll be a few more appearance customization options too, such as hairstyle and the like, rather than having cut-and-paste templates for all characters.

But yeah, Amazons are pretty awesome, I hope their D3 incarnation, whether it's literally as an Amazon or in a new form (perhaps Ranger), doesn't disappoint.

Hehe, and with the new physics engine that tracks so much detail, I think we'd probably be treated to seeing just where every jav or arrow sticks into a monster. How sweet would that be? Throw a jav and impale a beastie, who then keeps walking forward with a jav stuck through his midsection? =P

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Haha. But in Hell difficulty, an enemy would be turned into a porcupine before falling. The only games I remember doing that are Turok (2 and beyond) and Timesplitters. Hell, I love how Locust Swarm reduces flesh monsters to skeletons. And you can also send bodies flying with impact attacks.

So far, we have seen the usual Barbarian, and Vadriel's Nez necromancer come to life lol.

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
the art isnt the problem, its more like how the units move and ****. it looks SOOOOOO SLOW.