This game looks stupid

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
D2 is played out and sucks. I tried playing it again after hearing the D3 announcement and I played for 1 hour before being bored to tears. It doesn't age as well as Starcraft and Warcraft. Diablo 3 will probably be the same way. Guess it's just the genre.

caboose101188

Reaction score
D2 is played out and sucks. I tried playing it again after hearing the D3 announcement and I played for 1 hour before being bored to tears. It doesn't age as well as Starcraft and Warcraft. Diablo 3 will probably be the same way. Guess it's just the genre.
Yeah d2 is kinda old and boring now but I used to have alot of fun playing it with my clanmates. We used to do tons of baal runs. I hope there is fun stuff to do like baal runs in diablo 3.

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
I want to find out what other classes there are, damnit. I want to see if they're bringing back Necromancer, or if I should just go with Witch Doctor.
I wish they'd keep the Necromancer, as he was so cool and several of the Witch Doctor's spells and abnilities seemed more appropriate for the Necro.

Plus, the Necro's cooler.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I wish they'd keep the Necromancer, as he was so cool and several of the Witch Doctor's spells and abnilities seemed more appropriate for the Necro.

Plus, the Necro's cooler.
i think the necromancer will still be in the game although they have similar skills / spells with the witch doctor. i dont know maybe the witch doctor is the necromancer replacement because the necromancer name and idea itself is supposed to be evil or diabolic like.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
x42 is a graphics whore. Back in my day we were happy to get those kind of graphics. Back was Atari was the **** and Mario's 2D pimp-stache was unmatched so awesome in it's horrible graphicness.
Oh, I'm not planning on getting this game, and I doubt I'll be getting games for a while. I'm happy with games that are more about storylines and sounds rather than graphics - Warcraft III, anyone?

The reason I'm bitching? It doesn't match previous Diablo games. I'm aware gameplay and lastability are going to be good (it's Blizzard and Diablo, after all), but it's so bright and colourful in dungeons. If I wanted bright and colourful, I'd buy the new Power Rangers DVD.*

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Oh, I'm not planning on getting this game, and I doubt I'll be getting games for a while. I'm happy with games that are more about storylines and sounds rather than graphics - Warcraft III, anyone?

The reason I'm bitching? It doesn't match previous Diablo games. I'm aware gameplay and lastability are going to be good (it's Blizzard and Diablo, after all), but it's so bright and colourful in dungeons. If I wanted bright and colourful, I'd buy the new Power Rangers DVD.*
8/10. You're pretty good

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score

Were you seriously comparing D3 to Warcraft 3? Warcraft 3's story is good, sure, but the gameplay sucks. Heroes ruined the game to no extent. They get more and more gay with each patch. Sure, there's some near user maps but this isn't enough to sell a game. Also if I recall WC3 tooted a few whistles regarding their "gr8 gfx" when it first released.

Mike_Zakuto

Reaction score
Even if the game is still in alpha stages, hasn't the Diablo Series been about gameplay more than graphics... Actually, I think all Blizzard games have been that way, and they still make tons and tons of money because they know that its not just about graphics 100% of the time.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I thought Starcraft, D2, Wc3, and WoW were pretty fancy graphics for the time they came out. I dunno for sure. I couldn't remember if my life depended on it. I do remember Starcraft had pretty neat graphics for its time - it was the only PC game I played at the time though so not much to compare it to.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
The reason Blizzard does so well is because it doesn't use top of the line graphics. They could if they want, but that would decrease the amount of people that would be able to play the games, not everyone has top of the line computers to play them. That doesn't mean the graphics aren't good either, I don't think that (at least for the time the game was released) the graphics weren't at least on par with other games, sometimes even sub-par.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Were you seriously comparing D3 to Warcraft 3? Warcraft 3's story is good, sure, but the gameplay sucks. Heroes ruined the game to no extent. They get more and more gay with each patch. Sure, there's some near user maps but this isn't enough to sell a game. Also if I recall WC3 tooted a few whistles regarding their "gr8 gfx" when it first released.
I would have to disagree with heroes. If they were left unchecked, yes they can become gay and totally wreck any hope of winning a battle. As long as you kept them under check and prvented them from leveling, heroes were nothing more than regular units with 4 abilities. But then again, you would be the one with the "cheap heroes".

Diablo III is still an unknown card to say the least. We would have to wait until it's released, gone through about 10 patches and see how it turns out.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I thought Starcraft, D2, Wc3, and WoW were pretty fancy graphics for the time they came out. I dunno for sure. I couldn't remember if my life depended on it. I do remember Starcraft had pretty neat graphics for its time - it was the only PC game I played at the time though so not much to compare it to.
On a competitive level, Heroes have only ever been imbalanced during ROC, up until they got a huge revamp.

K

keenp1

It's far too early to say whether diablo 3 will sink or swim, and we probably won't see this game on the shelves for at least another year. But I trust Blizzard's history for making high quality games without compromises.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
The game is for Diablo fans and Diablo players. It's pretty much D2 revamped with more characters, items, environments. That will make D2 players 'omg'

They aren't trying to produce some groundbreaking game.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I didn't like it initially either, but it's growing on me.

Lucool

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Why are everyone complaining about the graphics? I think they look just fine..