THERE IS SC2 HOPE

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i was just thinking, blizzard seems in high demand of more employees all of a sudden, with that job listing on thier homepage and then descriptions of all the jobs underneath it.. a lot of jobs there.. maybe it's a sign they will actually start working on starcraft 2 in the near future

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
but didnt they fire a lot of ppl?

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
if they did, maybe they fired them because they just used them for warcraft, now that they are going to make an actually good game, they need talented people.. lmfao :)

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Warcraft><Starcraft aka = although wc is a lil bit better. Diablo>Starcraft+War put together.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Even though that's no true, why did you post that, ST?

Anyway, Blizzard has fired Nihinlistic (sp), SC Ghost main company. Why? I think there was a conflict of interests. Blizzard is becoming greedy, as any sucessful american company.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
yea st stop lying :D lol.. well i think it'd be alright if blizzard burned down a nun-operated orphange and shot anyone who tried to escape if it meant the start of starcraft 2 work :p

PauseBreak

Reaction score
TrongaMonga said:

Anyway, Blizzard has fired Nihinlistic (sp), SC Ghost main company. Why? I think there was a conflict of interests. Blizzard is becoming greedy, as any sucessful american company.

Nihilistic said they finished what they were meant for.

Even if that was a lie, I don't believe they were fired because of conflics, but because they slipped too much information....

I think everyone remember when a rep. said that this was the next chapter that would lead into SC2.

Well, that would make that game SC:broodwar .5 ????
lol

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
you know i'd be happy if they just released another expansion that added on to broodwar.. even though that would never happen because most stores have discontinued starcraft, or at least brood war.. trust me, i tried to find a place within 50 miles of me that sold broodwar once, or even the battlechest, and they basically told me to **** off, except one EB like 25 miles away had a pre-owned copy of original starcraft

CerebralChain

Reaction score
-Azrael666- said:
they fired them because they just used them for warcraft, now that they are going to make an actually good game, they need talented people.. lmfao :)
Quoted for truth :p

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
lol :D

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
TrongaMonga said:

Nobody fired Nihilistic. Here:
www.Battle.net said:
Production on Starcraft: Ghost has not stopped.

The project has always been under production from an outsourced company, it is not being wholly developed in-house. This is mostly due to it being a console-only game and Blizzard being a PC-only developer thus far. Not counting our Genesis and SNES days of course.

Previously Nihilistic was developing the game however the game had not been finished within their time line and they were obligated to other projects. At that time we found a new developer, Swinging Ape Studios to take over development of the game.

They are doing an amazing job and the game is still on track and looking better than ever. We are very excited to show everyone what Swinging Ape has accomplished thus far.
About the many job openings, I just found some information on it from Blizzard itself.
Go to the Interview with the StarCraft: Ghost Cinematics Team
and scroll to the bottom. There you'll see:
The Cinematics Team is currently seeking new talent.
Check out these positions and all of Blizzard's job listings by clicking here.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
The fact that they are looking for programmers with knowledge of DirectX APIs and for audio managers with knowledge of surround sound (although this may easily pertain to the cinematics suggested above) suggests that they might be looking to begin a new project soon. The fact that they are looking for web designers might suggest it, too (ever notice where you're taken to when you type starcraft2.com into the address bar?) Unless they were to start a new series (highly unlikely), I wouldn't think that it would be out of the question to assume that they're ready to begin a project on a Starcraft sequel.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
i wouldn't mind 3D models if they did it in good taste.. making the things look like their pictures when you highlight them and giving them a higher level of detail would be alright.. as long as it doesn't negetively affect general gameplay, like lag, unit limit, supply limit, or the general atmosphere of the game (like looking completely retarded/cartoonish)

Malcom Sex

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
personally, i think the huge number of job openings is spurred by the successful completion of WoW. the servers are having problems and they need many new workers to help maintain the game. they are probably in the process of creating an expansion that rebalances WoW and not making SC2. BTW, the job opening, as stated below, is looking to fill the shoes of the old diablo team, not make sc2. here is the job they want filled now.

Job Update 2/3/05
New Job Opening - Lead Game Designer
Blizzard North is looking for an experienced Game Designer to lead the team that created Diablo and Diablo II. If you've led the design of a quality shipped title and feel you have the talent and determination for the job, see the Lead Game Designer position for more information.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
just because the team worked on diablo and d2 doesn't mean shnit

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
the diablo team might have helped in the production of starcraft. anyway i hope d3 comes out real fast im getting impoatient here