THERE IS SC2 HOPE

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
G37Z said:
I agree, seriously what does the diablo team have to do with starcraft?
One could assume they both worked on the same games, or helped the other teams work on their games, in a sense. Just a thought though.

AZN_FLEA, check the Diablo II Forums for stuff about Diablo. Don't bring it in here anymore then it already is. Thanks! :)

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
If they make D3 before SC2 I'll be ****ing pissed.

Darkmatter said:
One could assume they both worked on the same games, or helped the other teams work on their games, in a sense. Just a thought though.
... That's exactly what he was saying. Just because the team worked on Diablo 2 doesn't mean they aren't going to be working on Starcraft 2. The fact they worked on D2 doesn't mean anything about what their new project is. You quoted him, and sounded like you were disagreeing with him, except you said the same thing he did. Odd o_O

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
-Azrael666- said:
If they make D3 before SC2 I'll be ****ing pissed.

... That's exactly what he was saying. Just because the team worked on Diablo 2 doesn't mean they aren't going to be working on Starcraft 2. The fact they worked on D2 doesn't mean anything about what their new project is. You quoted him, and sounded like you were disagreeing with him, except you said the same thing he did. Odd o_O
Out of spite, friend. ;)

Also, Diablo III is in the making, according to Blizzard. Therefore, it will most likely appear before StarCraft II. :frustrate

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I hate Blizzard. Why do they have to make such awesome games? :(

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I would love D3. I'd probably get it the day it came out. I'd still prefer SC2 first though :p

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Diablo II was more addicting then any other game for me. If I ended up getting Diablo III first, or if they made that first over StarCraft II, then I wouldn't see any of you ever again.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
For all the people that don't know, heres the basis of Blizzard, and how things work.

Blizzard originally had one main core part. It was responsible for WC and before. Their graphics division, Blizzard North, then was broken off, and told to produce a goundbreaking game. This is where Diablo came from. SC was made from a completely different crew as Diablo, or Diablo II. The crew never worked on eachothers projects (with the exception of the graphics crew, the original Blizzard North)

I believe now that WoW has grown to it's peak ( to an extent ) they have branched off a third part of the company, to deal exclusivly with WoW, and its expansions. I'm not 100% on this info yet, but it's the most logical thing to do.

Many of the top producers of the Diablo/SC and WC franchise were "tired" of Blizzard ( to say the least ) and left to make their own their own companies, www.arena.net and www.flagshipstudios.com

Since then, Blizzard hasn't worked on anything major that wasn't 85%+ done when the crew left. This is why you see the job requests for all the positions out there now. They're starting up on a different franchise, and they need developers/other lackies to do the work.

Sources: www.blizzard.com // http://www.arena.net/news/index.html // http://www.flagshipstudios.com/index.htm // other pages on the net, fileplanet/gamespy, that kinda shit...you know

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, I supposed that means Blizzard may not make the games it made before. The masterminds that worked in StarCraft are no longer there :(

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Thats a definate bummer. That means there probably won't be a StarCraft II. And that means, all these rumors and ideas will go to waste in our little challenged minds of creativity.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Oh no, the storyboard guys are still around. They won't leave, they arnt that smart. Just the main developers (the ones that figured everything that couldn't be put into a textbook) did.

There is still hope

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Knowing Blizzard, they will give off signs that something big is coming and it would be fate to decide that what they are working on isn't what we want to come out. That always seems to be the case with Blizzard.

KING OF ZEALOTS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battle.net
-Azrael666- said:
you know i'd be happy if they just released another expansion that added on to broodwar.. even though that would never happen because most stores have discontinued starcraft, or at least brood war.. trust me, i tried to find a place within 50 miles of me that sold broodwar once, or even the battlechest, and they basically told me to **** off, except one EB like 25 miles away had a pre-owned copy of original starcraft
Around my place All the StarCraft I see is the Battle Ches I have never seen a case with only 1 of the SC games in it.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I think they quickly just started mass-producing the Battlechest when they seen how well it sold, and discontinued selling the game in a regular piece by piece manner. I have the original SC and Brood War, but to get a better quality CD for Starcraft, I bought the Battlechest and i use that now. :)

HunterOriginal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
ST-ST-ST said:
Warcraft><Starcraft aka = although wc is a lil bit better. Diablo>Starcraft+War put together.
*cough* bullcrap *cough*
diablo is hacked out the wazoo
warcraft has some very bad server and firewall isues
starcraft is the game from heavan wich sadly we may never see a second game too :'(

HunterOriginal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
but then the game isnt likely to be any good if they only made it out of anoyance, understand what im saying?