The T-Shirt Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crookedfoot

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I'd like to hand out T-Shirts for small awards and whatever, I still plan on cash for the tournies so don't think I'm turning cheap on you.
I'd like it to be created by those that have put so much into this place... you guys.

Whether it be an iron on or silk screen the cost is the same, the only issue on that choice is this.

The iron on style can have more detail, but it may fade or wear off with time.
If you have an area that is white in the picture, it is transparent on the transfer, so if a gray shirt is chosen white areas turn gray.
A green shirt would be a nightmare.

The silk screen can not have as much fine detail, but will wear longer and looks much more professional in my opinion, that and the shirt can be any color.

I was thinking of a front and back design, and maybe something on the sleeves.
If possible place forum banners or logos.

I still have to get information as far as maximum sizing for the graphics, but I'm sure from seeing other shirts that we can go pretty big.

If anybody is interested in helping out and we get multiple examples, we'll have the members vote of a final design, or set of designs.
And unlike in the past where we gave out cheesey awards of titles, someone will at least get a shirt out of this challenge.

Below is one idea I toyed with, but it will take someone better than me if thats a design we go with.

Thanks,

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
I've always been wanting to create a picture that could basically summarize BF. But I still haven't been able to think of a motto/logo for BF.
I'll try to beef something up when my computer comes back from Best Buy in a few days.

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Awsome idea, Crooked! You know we have been talking about this with Hitsua so when he heard about your thread, this is what he wanted to post:

-edit
it seems that poor hitsua cant post even with my help...:D

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Oh sure, put DarkMatter on there, but not me :cry

BTW; A silk screem shirt would be a lot more expensive, no?

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
OMG! I am on there, I feel so loved. Now, it is time to get to work.\

Ooh and by the way, we should put CoRtALoS' old avy on there too...

Sicloan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
Originally posted by Crookedfoot

I still have to get information as far as maximum sizing for the graphics, but I'm sure from seeing other shirts that we can go pretty big.
tshirts are hard to design based on size. Becuase not everybody is the same size (duh!). The best way to do it, if at all possible, is to have all your images in vector format. If this is hard for some of you, i suggest you learn, becuase that is one skill that is severly needed.

Silkscreen t-shirts can generally only have 2 colors & t-shirt color. So a total of 3 colors. this is where the iron-on would work better for some of your designs.

Ill try a design. is there a deadline?

Crookedfoot

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
So far no deadline, and what I made is just what I've had in mind for a design, it in no way is intended to be the only possible design.. be creative.
Another idea I've had that would go good in my opinion...
A long version of the Battleforums logo, and the big red guy from Diablo standing behind it like he was reaching for it.
If I can find the phone number for that shirt place, I'll find out recomended sizing and the number of colors we can have for silkscreens, or as I believe they called it.. screen printing.
The examples they had on the floor had many colors.

B)ushid(o

Reaction score

a quick job. I just chose some avatars that could easily be blended in, except for cort's. meh, not too good, just an idea that came into my head. forgot it was zoomed out so the pic is big.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
dont know about you, but I think putting up random avatars of members here is bit dumb for T-shit, how about stuff like in BF banner?

Crookedfoot

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Be creative, there is no rule stating that it has to be made from existing forum graphics.
But it would be nice if it was recognized for what it's for.

Make a design that you would want to wear and show off with pride, or have others all over the world wear with your name on it..... because I want the submissions signed.

I talked to the supplier and they gave me some more details.
For now I'm going to go with a transfer system, maybe later we can do the screen printing.
So we can go high detail, unlimited colors, maximum size of 8x10.
Depending on what we use, we'll decide on shirt color then.

Thanks,

Oh, B)ushid(o.. I don't see anything, your hosting must be off.

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
I'm seeing it just fine :\

Here's an attachment

¥ôÜ §úçK

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
here is mine, i dont think you should you induvidual avatars or people might be offended

this is a little different than everyone elses... more complete to come later.

there, (i didnt feel like rounding everything off) i think it should look like that.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I actually like that idea more than having people avatars on there. Have like a little www.Battleforums.com on the top part of the back of the shirt, and it would be pretty owange. Forget the avatars, it's just a popularity contest.

¥ôÜ §úçK

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
well you could have it red or black or whatever but that was just an idea and i just did that in five minutes or so so ill go ahead and correct anything and i like the idea of putting www.battleforums.com up by the collar thingy

Crookedfoot

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Here are two more ideas from people who may or may not wish to be named, so I won't.

and

The lower is sticking with what you guys are preferring.
He used footprints from a raccoon, I suggested an alternative of what would be assumed for a set of Zergling claw marks.

Keep in mind that if you plan to use the color white that we need to plan on a white shirt.
in the transfer process white is no ink on the transfer sheet.

But if a design is decided on that uses only a couple colors, I'll go the distance and have them set up the screen printing system.
Then we can place it on any color shirt, sweatshirt, T-shirt, etc...

¥ôÜ §úçK

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
i like the first one, but not everyone here plays starcraft so a lot of people wont and i dont really like the second one : / just looks like the little kids yardsale shirt your mom picks up and wants you to wear....i dont like the other thing as much as the print screen anyway...i think we should have just had all of them be unnamed and put them all up and voted for either iron on(which cracks and fades) or silkscreen then on alll the different designs
(i think oyuj can tell which printing process i like.

depending on how much they were i would prolly buy one...i dont even know if that what you had in mind but either way

aphextwin

Reaction score
if we make a bf shirt, whose gonna buy it? i mean i seriously wouldnt :(

¥ôÜ §úçK

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
he is talking about having them be minor prizes and i might you cant ever have too many t shirts

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i wouldnt be caught wearing it at school unless you shot me and put it on my corpse... or if i was wearing a sweatshirt over it. i support tshirts and battleforums, but its hard to see me wearing it a whole lot of places.

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Meh, it's like 8-bit theater shirts, I'd wear em' and for the handfull of people that get the shirt, good for them, and if someone doesn't like it or thinks it's stupid they could go screw a rusty flag pole. Honostly though, I would buy one just because.

Status
Not open for further replies.