The Spore Thread

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Spore Cracked by “RELOADED” Group
After news of Spore breaking the street date in Australia, we hear that Spore has already been cracked by a group called “RELOADED†despite it’s use of SecuROM, the anti-pirating software. (the same one used in BioShock) There are currently over 10,000 people downloading the game on just one public torrent tracker. All this 4 days before the game even comes out in North America.

If you want to download Spore legally, Direct2Drive is allowing pre-orders of the game.
Long live Pirates

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Re: Spore is out thanks to Australia

Australia actually getting a game before the rest of the world? God forbid...

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

Australia actually getting a game before the rest of the world? God forbid...
You guys should seriously consider making today, or whenever it was, a national holiday. I doubt this'll happen ever again.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score

You guys should seriously consider making today, or whenever it was, a national holiday. I doubt this'll happen ever again.
the street date break or the aussie thing?

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score

man i totally cant wait for spore

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score

Got spore yesturday. *cough*

sat down with the intention of only playing for an hour, and played for about 12. Pushed from the cell phase to the space phase, plus about an hour+. Parts of the phases between the cell and space all feel like really unfinished games, where the space phase is pretty awesome, and the Cell phase felt like one of those addictive flash games you played in highschool when the teacher wasn't looking. Not sure what to make of it, it is an interesting concept, and will probably keep me going for a few days just colonizing planets and shit.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

in depth review

cell stage: holy shit this is awesome. It's a great 2d adventure game in and of itself

creature stage: unfortunately you will spend most of your time killing/befriending other creatures to get creature parts (you start off with like 3 parts), so this stage just rolls by

Tribal stage: short as all hell, it's a poor age of empires clone that only lasts 40 minutes at most.

Civ stage: kind of cool due to the vehicle editor, but suffers from a lot of mediocrity

space stage: if there was some way to remove the 4592867 other alien species in the game, i would do it. It's basically just you flying around collecting money to get parts that should have been on your ship from the start. The enemy civilizations just make it feel crowded, and you have no room to "sandbox"

Strangely enough, this game would be better with cheat codes (infinite money, no other civz, all spaceship parts installed from the get go, ect.) However i WOULD like to have some parts be scavanged from planets, like the monolith and stuff. Currently 99% of the stuff you scavange is planet "painters" and rare statues you sell for money, lame.

overall: 7-8/10, don't buy it. After some mods and cheats, though, it might be good.
D:

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score

Yeah i didn't really see the hype to begin with. Once you finish off the pre-space stages it just becomes another MMO grind. It's innovative, yeah, but in the end it becomes like everything else.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score

Yeah i didn't really see the hype to begin with. Once you finish off the pre-space stages it just becomes another MMO grind. It's innovative, yeah, but in the end it becomes like everything else.
What the fuck are you talking about?

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score

for taking the first step in killing EA
good?

remember when everyone was having sporgasms and now its like wtf is this garbage? me too. warhammer cant come any sooner...

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

good?

remember when everyone was having sporgasms and now its like wtf is this garbage? me too. warhammer cant come any sooner...
thats b/c the creature creator was what brought ppl over. after that part it just doesnt feel complete or some shit

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score

thats b/c the creature creator was what brought ppl over. after that part it just doesnt feel complete or some shit
i'll feel bad if i dont buy the game....i bought the creature editor :(. it was a long boring ass july

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

If EA dies Bioware dies, and that's bad.
There are big casualties i know of, but their sacrifice will save us

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score

How is that different from any game really? Game without a 'complete' storyline, once you get to the end of it, you just do the same shit over and over, or you start a new.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

best creture ever