The Now Playing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
chevelle - send the pain below

i am clueless to why i like this song... but sending the pain below is much like sufficating... WTF?!

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Staind - Mudshovel. (Thanks Leviathan.) A classic Staind song that I really like listening top. I lost my Dysfunctional CD so when I downloaded this off of Leviathan and heard it, I was destined to grab the other songs from the ablum I missed so much. The reason I like it so much is probably because of the beat. It's awesome.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Unknown Artist: Megaman Theme (Techno Remix)

im currently in a mood to listen to techno, and this is one hell of a technos ong :D that along w/ any of the other megaman techno remix's

"I AM THE CREATOR"

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
DragnSkull said:
Unknown Artist: Megaman Theme (Techno Remix)
Thats Oakenfield (however you spell it)

Down with the Sickness by Lounge Against the Machine
This song was on the Dawn of the Dead remake movie.

Their cd is so damn funny. All remakes of songs but done in a lounge music style.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Jay Z - 99 Problems

I love this song cause it represents my views on relationships. read any of my posts about "love" and u know im tellin the truth

XxSworn_EnemyxX said:
Down with the Sickness by Lounge Against the Machine
This song was on the Dawn of the Dead remake movie.

Their cd is so damn funny. All remakes of songs but done in a lounge music style.

i hate that, i downloaded a sublime song (wrong way) remixed by them by accident, and i been to lazy to delete it, i hate that thing with a passion.

Tupac Amaru Shakur

Reaction score
DMX - Dogs For Life, the whole song is good because it shows just how much and deep dmx is towards his friends, i would dedicate it to my homiez cuz of how it goes, in the beggining to black guys are in a car looking 4 sum other guy standing sum where in a street, they find him, they get out of the car and are like WASSUP MOTHA****** u f****** with a ruff rhyda, huh, bullets fly and sum 1 get shot and it happens to b teh black guys friend, he is bleedign and the other guy is like O **** lemme take u to the hospital and u can here the car speed away genius

Full-Torqe

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.outaline.com
Hard-Trance X-Plosion 23 meets Energy Trance - CD1

Right now im listening to this on a live stream at http://di.fm on hard dance
So far it has been very good, nice tracks and good feeling with it, perfect for chillin, trippin or dancing to. Oh yes Im also stream ripping this as well :D

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Rush - Subdivisions. Ah, one of my favorite Rush songs. It reminds me back in my high school days with all my friends and I was popular in almost ANY stereotypical group (weird huh). I actually don't have many songs on my playlist (308 songs), but almost all of them I enjoy any day of the week.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Korn- Frak on a leash
i like the beat to it untill it gets to the grunts

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
CelestialBadger said:
Azrael: Was that definition pretty much right...? Trying to get it from someone who keeps posting that they listen to it.
Sorry CB, I never saw the original question :p Screamo is a genre which is characterized by emotional lyrics. Although they're sometimes much more violent, graphic, and disturbing than standard emo lyrics, they [personally] sound more passionate and deep. They use less acoustic (actually, it's usually no acoustic unless it's for a cover or some other special reason) and more electric, have harder music, faster pace, and the vocals, at parts, are shrieking/screaming. Not every song by a screamo group necessarily has screaming in it, although that doesn't change that individual song's genre. The actual range of screamo is pretty varied, from Brand New (lighter screamo) to Hawthorne Heights (nice middle ground) to Atreyu (too much screaming for me). There's also some screamo that incorporates indie into it, like Thursday, which sounds a bit different.

Anyways.. that's the basics of screamo. For musical reference, some of the better screamo is Taking Back Sunday, Hawthorne Heights, Senses Fail, Silverstein (newest album), Brand New, Finch (eh.. some Finch.. mainly the song "What It Is To Burn"), and The Used (listen to the song "Let It Bleed"). There's a whole group of harder screamo groups, like Poison The Well, Atreyu, and the like, but they're not worth mentioning because I think they suck :D

Hope that helped clarify the subject.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Better? No, they still suck. They're just mainstream.

Authority Zero - One More Minute

This songs make you feel so laid back.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Soft Cell - Tainted Love. A good song from the 1980's, it's a song that I used to sing in my childhood. In my garage, I would get a fake microphone and turn it on with my stereo and just run around singing. Jumping off of my dads car, sliding around and being a real dork. The song is something special to me now, because it was the only song I would dare sing. I can still sing it, too.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Zerglite said:
stabbing westward - waking up beside you

dis band is teh roxxor! just look at all my posts on this thread... lol

its about an old GF... or wife w/e

and he misses just waking up and see'ing her every morning; something like that because she left

I've been so alone for so long
Forgotten by the world
Forgotten to myself
Your effervescent eyes have awakened me
and brushed the dust away
But I knew you'd never stay

So I memorized the color of your eyes
As I lost myself inside you
And I memorized the way our legs entwined
As I drifted off beside you

I miss, God I miss
Waking up beside you

But now I cling to you
I'm so afraid
Afraid a day will come
And I'll wake and find you gone
But you promised that you'd not abandon me
And then kissed my fears away
But I woke up to that day

But I memorized the way our eyes would meet
Reflected in the bathroom mirror
And I memorized your naked silhouette
As you slowly brushed your hair

I miss, God I miss
Waking up beside you

I've been so alone for so long
Forgot how much it hurts
To wake up so alone

But I'd memorized how warm your body felt
As you lay half asleep beside me.
And I memorized the way the sunlight filled the room
And played upon your body

I miss, God I miss
Waking up beside you
I miss, God I miss
Waking up beside you

^ that song again WOOT!

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Nemo is a good one. I have the demo DVD for that music video ;) *Busts a nut*

Cradle of Filth - Her Ghost in the Fog

I'm listning to the whole discography right now just because I haven't in quite some time...but I like this song in particular (which would be why I posted it..) because of it's melody. It's not their best, but it's hardly their worst.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Alice In chains - them Bones

AIC is a ****ng amazing band, and I have set my computer to randomly play thier songs and this is the one that popped up./

RuneyPoo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Pan said:
Alice In chains - them Bones

AIC is a ****ng amazing band, and I have set my computer to randomly play thier songs and this is the one that popped up./
Never heard of them, what kind of music is it?

Welcome Back - Mase

Mase's coming back song that became #1 on MTV and BET within two weeks. This song proves that old rappers can come back and become better when they are away. And mase is ownage.

Edit: And thanks guys for following the rules. :)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Alice in Chains is Grunge/Rock, I think. Not sure, but they are one awesome band, as Pan said. He would probably know their musical genre too.

Nobuo Uematsu - The Successor. A Piano Song from Final Fantasy 8. Just the msuic I need to calm me down, and clear my mind. It's amazing how only this type of music can do that for me, but it does and it does it very well. I love orchestrated/piano music, especially from Squaresoft Games.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Runexten said:
Never heard of them, what kind of music is it?

Welcome Back - Mase

Mase's coming back song that became #1 on MTV and BET within two weeks. This song proves that old rappers can come back and become better when they are away. And mase is ownage.

Edit: And thanks guys for following the rules. :)
thanks for following the rules.. hah

i just dont want to get banned - ****ing rules...

Darude - Sandstorm

its techno... so it has a good beat...

* NO LYRICS *

Status
Not open for further replies.