The Now Playing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Godhead - Without

One of my favorite Godhead songs (by my favorite band). Jason's voice is haunting..and the music is beautiful. I love the lyrics as well, they're interesting. It's basically *my interpretation* about being in a relationship of some sort...but even though you have someone to love..you still feel empty and depressed inside, and it consumes you. Then the person you were in the relationship leaves you because of it...and you realize that you still feel empty, and nothing has changed, Before you were simply drowning in your own self pity for no reason, and not realizing what you really did have until it was totally gone. The same emptiness and depression is there, but now you're alone.

Yeah, depressing gawth song, but godhead is an amazing band with an amazing vocalist.

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Reinventing your Exit by Underoath
As i have been going to church lately, everyone wants me to stop listening to Metal, like korn, static x, most of my CDs, but i found this christian band, and i love this song.
12th and Hyde on a Sunday
Feeling like were grown
But we're nothing short of invincible
Invincible!
Invincible!

It starts again
Can you feel it?
It takes your breath away
Stop saying that we're invincible
(It’s round and round)
You’re uninviting, unrewarding
And I’m misinforming you
Misinforming you…

We all wanna be… Wanna be somebody
Right now were just looking for the exit
in the first stanza, it talks about how on sunday, your whole attitude changes (Hyde, anyone?), just for God's day, and you feel invulnerable. it then it talks about a friend in the second stanza, who is like this, saying that he shouldnt be like this just on that one day.

i guess why i like this song is becauce right now i am that guy that the lead singer calls "uninviting, unrewarding", because i usualy just 'play the part' on sundays and wednesdays.
but UnderOath is a christian metal band, so i had to check them out. some of my friends at church got into this christian rapper, why not me get into a christain metalcore band?

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Killswitch Engage - My last serenade.
This song was written about the singer, who had attempted suicide. Its a sad song but, ironically makes me happy to still be alive.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
RoaCh of DisCord said:
Godhead - Without

One of my favorite Godhead songs (by my favorite band). Jason's voice is haunting..and the music is beautiful. I love the lyrics as well, they're interesting. It's basically *my interpretation* about being in a relationship of some sort...but even though you have someone to love..you still feel empty and depressed inside, and it consumes you. Then the person you were in the relationship leaves you because of it...and you realize that you still feel empty, and nothing has changed, Before you were simply drowning in your own self pity for no reason, and not realizing what you really did have until it was totally gone. The same emptiness and depression is there, but now you're alone.

Yeah, depressing gawth song, but godhead is an amazing band with an amazing vocalist.
Nothing wrong with a depressing gawth song, right? I don;t find sad songs to be ''emo'', but depressing is a better and more appropriate word to use, in my opinion. I have an Offspring Song that is pretty sad, and it's by no means ''emo''.

Nobuo Uematsu - The Legendary Beast. A boss music that is vastly upbeat, and has a evil vibe to it, it also sounds as if the battle is titanic and that it could effect the world, which is something I really like. There's 3 upbeat parts, and those really make the song up. You would have to listen to it to get what I mean.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I decided I'll post the genre too, just because some people don't know the difference between screamo/emo/everything else :p The last song I posted was screamo.

Artist: Senses Fail
Title: Free Fall Without A Parachute
Genre: Screamo

I had a dream last night
and in my dream I took a knife to you,
I slit your throat from ear to ear,
The wound was gasping for the air,
Your scream so clear.

But every dream could never come true,
Only in my sick mind can I do these things to you.
With every passing moment, it just keeps getting worse,
The walls are getting smaller and I am six feet beneath the earth.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Now I'm listening to "The Grudge" by Mortiis.

Mortis just rawks :p

Trying to think of you as come kind of heroine.
Trying to think of you as somethin' that will fade with time.
Trying to think of you as some kind of distant sin.
Trying to think of you as yesterday's forgotten dream.

Things that you said, and the things that you never did.
Things that you did, and the things that you never said.
Left me empty and alone, kinda tryin' to atone.
Empty and alone, the only thing that's real.

Darkmatter knows of Mortiis. Before he did this newish industrial/goth/darkwave stuff (with vocals) he did very odd ambient, medieval folk type music..a lot of it sounded like stuff that could fit into a zelda game or something.

Mortiis: http://www.incipitum.sk/clanky/041001/mortiis.jpg (no his ears and nose aren't real) :p

CutterGirl15

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Switchfoot- Meant to Live

I listen to this song whenever I'm thinking of a friend that was killed recently. He shoulda lived longer. He had soo much going for him......so yeah thats why i like it

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Queen- I am Immortal
I like the sho, nice beat hate the lyrics twards the end

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I'm kinda addicted to Hawthorne Heights at the moment, so it'll probably be what I'm listening to for a while.

Artist: Hawthorne Heights
Title: Wake Up Call
Genre: Screamo

Through arteries untold, your skin is pale,
my body's cold..
Way down, deep down in my lungs
I can hear our sweet decay..

So spill my blood,
Midnight skies turn scarlet red,
Say "so long," say "goodnight,"
and just hold out your hand
to catch me if I fall into the night.
Say "so long," say "goodnight,"
and just hold out your hand..
to catch me if I fall.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

completely perfect melody, going from depressive love, to opera, then to rock'n'roll...
freedy mercury's voice need no comments
and the lyrics are just great, about how life is always trying to screw us up and how to give it a big fuc.k off

"mamaaaa oooohh... i don't wanna die... i sometimes wish i've never been born at all..."
*brian may's guitar solo*

this music makes me happy somehow..

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
RoaCh of DisCord said:
Now I'm listening to "The Grudge" by Mortiis.

Mortis just rawks :p

Trying to think of you as come kind of heroine.
Trying to think of you as somethin' that will fade with time.
Trying to think of you as some kind of distant sin.
Trying to think of you as yesterday's forgotten dream.

Things that you said, and the things that you never did.
Things that you did, and the things that you never said.
Left me empty and alone, kinda tryin' to atone.
Empty and alone, the only thing that's real.

Darkmatter knows of Mortiis. Before he did this newish industrial/goth/darkwave stuff (with vocals) he did very odd ambient, medieval folk type music..a lot of it sounded like stuff that could fit into a zelda game or something.

Mortiis: http://www.incipitum.sk/clanky/041001/mortiis.jpg (no his ears and nose aren't real) :p
Yeah. He has some creepy Zelda/Dungeon type of music without the vocals, it was kind of creepy but strangly refreshing at the same time. Also, Mortiis looks like a scarecrow! :shcoked

Stone Temple Pilots - Creep. This song is thoroughly enjoyable because of the slowness, and lyrics. At the main part, it gets really interesting and more upbeat. Besides that, it's a nice mellow song. Here's the part I was talking about.

I'm half the man I used to me
This I feel as the dawn
It fades to gray
Well, I'm half the man I used to be
This I feel as the dawn
It fades to gray
Well, I'm half the man I used to me
This I feel as the dawn
It fades to gray
Well, I'm half the man I used to be, half the man I used to be

Magikarp

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Yeah. He has some creepy Zelda/Dungeon type of music without the vocals, it was kind of creepy but strangly refreshing at the same time. Also, Mortiis looks like a scarecrow! :shcoked

Stone Temple Pilots - Creep. This song is thoroughly enjoyable because of the slowness, and lyrics. At the main part, it gets really interesting and more upbeat. Besides that, it's a nice mellow song. Here's the part I was talking about.

I'm half the man I used to me
This I feel as the dawn
It fades to gray
Well, I'm half the man I used to be
This I feel as the dawn
It fades to gray
Well, I'm half the man I used to me
This I feel as the dawn
It fades to gray
Well, I'm half the man I used to be, half the man I used to be
That's a great STP song, I just finished ripping it and others from their Greatest Hits "Thank You" album.

Agalloch - You Were But A Ghost In My Arms

This was Roach's influence. This group is more of a epic, mellow metal band, if such a thing exists. If any of you have listened to Ulver, you might have an idea of what it's like.. although I think this is much better than Ulver.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Okay, what exactly is "screamo"? Is it just people screaming emotional lyrics?

Zerglite

Reaction score
i guess so CB

Thoughtless - Korn

about a kid gettin picked on and planning his revenge, if you've seen the video, you know what i mean

god i hate typing intellectual posts, makes me feel stupid

Full-Torqe

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.outaline.com
Mr. Mystery presents - TranceAddicts UnitE! (Part 2)

This was a set mixed by Mr.Mystery from tranceaddict.com . Every song in this mix was made by some people from tranceaddict. Most of the songs are very well made and quite beautiful, full with melodys and wonder. I wish I could get most of the songs from this but they are next to impossible to get. Part 4 is coming out soon you should check it out.

Tranceaddicts Unite (part 2)
http://www.tranceaddict.com/down.php?filename=ta_unites_part2

Thread about part 4
http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&forumid=74&threadid=250366

If you want the first song in the mix PM me.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
CelestialBadger said:
Okay, what exactly is "screamo"? Is it just people screaming emotional lyrics?
or just plain screaming and you can only decifer 2 words

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Back on topic please! :)

The Offspring - Gone Away. This song depicts a man who lost his love, I think. He keeps talking about going to heaven and seeing her. How his life is lonely and worthless without her. I love it since it has a lot of feeling in it too. The chorus is really deep with feeling too, it's nice to hear.

And it feels
Yeah it feels like
heaven's so far away
And it feels
Yeah it feels like
the world has grown cold
Now that you've gone away

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Thunderstone - Let the Demons Free. Its my favorite Thunderstone song (a 2001 metal band). I have mostly every song ever created from this not-so popular metal group. Some of thier songs get a little emo, but either way this metal band is fun and worth listening to.

Status
Not open for further replies.