The most awesome attack sound?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Maybe someone else made a thread like this before, I'm not entirely sure how many SC Players pay attention to this sort of thing, but anyways, here we go! :D

What attack sound is the best? As far as how it sounds, looks, and the effect of it? It could be anything, a basic melee attack, a spell, or a defensive structures fire, they all count as an attack sound to me. :D

But, for me, it's really close. The two I'm leaning towards are the Yamato Cannon and the Dark Templars Melee attack. Mostly for sonic reasons. The Yamato Cannon sounds like a powered up blast of doom, and it is. It sounds like something I'd see on one of those Japanese animes where the characters focus their energy and such. :p

The Dark Templar's Attack sounds like a techno type of scythe, as if it rips through metal each time he swings for 40+ damage. It sounds pure awesome, and that is why I can't decide between the two. :D

Discuss!

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
DT man. that's the sound of death. when a marine hears that sound it's too late

muahahaha

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I love the sound of the attack of the Archons. It's like a million blasts in front of you.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Golaith, soudns liek a leet chain gu nthingy

Biske

Reaction score
Nukes.

I pay attention to attack sounds. I remember the good old days, playing online with friends, FFA, and you'd hear battles raging in the distance, oh, sends shivers up my spine....tanks in seige mode, those sounds scared me the most.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
[glow=black]I agree. The tanks and nukes. I'm also partial to the Ghosts's attack sound as well.[/glow]

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Gogo scout :D.

DAGA DU GAN
DAGA DU GAN@!!!~1

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
When I hear the gears gridning, and the land holders hitting the ground, and shortly after, the turret being formed, I know a Siege Tank is nearby, and that I'm probably screwd. :p

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The attack of a seiged tank. That or a nuke.

Either one sounds like the Apocolypse.

Magikarp

Reaction score
The attack of a zerg sunken colony. It has that unmistakable wet, slimey zerg sound. Plus, it has that loveable "whiplash" sound effect.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Siege Tanks in Siege mode FTW!

I hooked up an amp to my computer (with many many failed attempts to hook up my old sterio to the computer. [no aux buttons for no aux anything]) Anyway, hear siege battles going on with the bass up and just the overall loudness. CRAZY!

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
i like the sound of the marine or goliaths

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I also like the sounds Ultralisks make...it's all big and mean sounding, and the blades sound like they're digging deep into the enemy and not just cutting them. :D

Reaction score
ZERGLINGS!!!!! they are the most annoying uniits ever...and they have cool atk sound if you put like 100 together atking the same thing

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Dude You stole this Idea thread from the Warcraft section.

Stim packs sounds were the best. Starcraft actualy had some really unique sounds to it.