Starcraft2.com update: The Nomad

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Nomad ... this game's gonna be imba. Hello again 100 versions to balance the game.
DotA has been through more rebalance and bug fixes than that.

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
SOOOOOOOO it's wrong to look at something and discuss what is wrong with it?

Gee, if life was like that we'd all be ****ed.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Aye. Well, many of Blizzards games had to go through countless patch and bug fixes over the days. It took Wc3 21 versions (excluding the letters) to finally get a working product, which still has some minor things to fix.

Sc2 will follow the same trend. It may take as many as Wc3 to fix properly.

As for DotA. It went through 5 diffferent versions. Each had variable amount of fixes. All I know is 5 ended in 84 patches, version c. and 6 is currently at 49 patches, version b. But that custom has a large fanbase and replay value.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
it IS why people still play wc3...for the most part

tower defense > dota.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
And some still play melee despite the unbalances. Because 'some' find that more fun than Dota or other custom games. But I like Dota too, it doesn't waste as much time as the things I'm saying below, just twice as much as a solo game.

I just saw what it is to create custom maps or models smth SC2 will make available too - it wastes as much time of your life as playing WoW. When you play some melee, especially 1v1 2v2 at least 1 game is ~ 20 mins and you can stop after it instead of having to go to place X to complete quest Y or to create model X with shaping/skinning/animating it for 10 hours... I kinda laugh at those in hiveworkshop, what a total waste of time - modelling/mapping - just like playing WoW. Talk about losers without life.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, it's all about taste and what they like. Even if SC2 gets bad reception for melee, we can still look forward to the possibilities with the map editor.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Well, it's all about taste and what they like. Even if SC2 gets bad reception for melee, we can still look forward to the possibilities with the map editor.
It is not ordinary to beat and not to lose at all from orc, hu and elf and to lose from low skilled undeads. It is not ordinary a win vs ud to be 40-50 mins when you have advantage and 70 food vs 40-50 and to need 3-4 scrolls and many battles to win even with expand. Undead is just imba. When the difference between playing vs the other 3 races even in vs-race-% is so huge compared to vs ud, that's the damn imba race. You play vs fiends - either surround fiends or no way to kill fiends. While you surround fiends you mass lose militia ciz w/o them foots die fast. In late game DK gets more imba than any other hero in the game. Even with lich, 1 nova makes you lose if you fight with foots and am vs dk lich and ghouls, not to say fiends where they just need to shoot once and then the missiles kill no matter how far the foot is.

My point: especially if you read some news abou incoming war3 patch are, if this >>>>>crap<<<<<<< happens, I leave war3 Ladder/games vs ud/ on the double, I won't even wait for SC2. Coz it's not ordinary to lose only from good other 3 races and to lose from some noobs whoz only strat is mass fiends and the only micro is coil fiends... Coz the rest 3 races are free wins but with ud even a newb can win, well not a total newb but still a newb. Upgraded knights (attack and armor + hp) in late game vs UNUPGRADED aboms and fiends and lvl 5 and 4 to dk and lich die like peasans... no even vs fiends the die so fast and if you don't have micro to save them, lately I do save them - GG, talk about upgraded knights vs unupgraded aboms ... with disease. And if you don't have scrolls, GG dk becomes lv l5 and mass nukes, knights die like peasants... Ordinary??????

So my point is at least not have 1 race that is wayy imba compared to the other 3 or 2 (in SC) races.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It is not ordinary to beat and not to lose at all from orc, hu and elf and to lose from low skilled undeads. It is not ordinary a win vs ud to be 40-50 mins when you have advantage and 70 food vs 40-50 and to need 3-4 scrolls and many battles to win even with expand. Undead is just imba. When the difference between playing vs the other 3 races even in vs-race-% is so huge compared to vs ud, that's the damn imba race. You play vs fiends - either surround fiends or no way to kill fiends. While you surround fiends you mass lose militia ciz w/o them foots die fast. In late game DK gets more imba than any other hero in the game. Even with lich, 1 nova makes you lose if you fight with foots and am vs dk lich and ghouls, not to say fiends where they just need to shoot once and then the missiles kill no matter how far the foot is.
No it isn't. Bnet statistics show us that among all 4 races against other races there is a 50% win percentage between all races. ratio of 1 loss to 1 win on average, across the board. IT isn't imbalanced, and hasn't been for years.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
No it isn't. Bnet statistics show us that among all 4 races against other races there is a 50% win percentage between all races. ratio of 1 loss to 1 win on average, across the board. IT isn't imbalanced, and hasn't been for years.
You may convince me in that and I may take my words back only because after my post I saw a pro human 24:0 solo, beating a good ud and I realized I still don't do some things like killing acos all the time with just zepps and staff of teleportation. I was talking about how fast knights can die though and it is not wrong to say hu has the weakest units (i.e that die the most easily).

WW2R

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i was just starting to feel better about where they were taking the graphics fro SC2 when they introduced this... i mean come on sc units esp terran are supposed to have a rugged and slightly beat up look to them not overly bright and cartoonish. plus another thing to keep in mind is units need to be easily identifable at a quick glance. I find in a lot of rts you need to click on the unit to tell what it is. the units should look unique and simple enough that this is not the case. i know the game is still in pre alpha and thus i understand that it will change i just hope someone over at blizard will read these forums so they will take some of these ideas into consideration