StarCraft Questions

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
If you have a (reasonable) StarCraft question, I will do my best to answer it. Why am I doing this? I've seen many people who are pretty ignorant as far as StarCraft goes, and I thought maybe I could shine a little bit of light on there path to StarCraft knowledge.

Please ask questions only having to do with StarCraft and StarCraft: Brood War (not StarCraft: Ghost), and make them reasonable, not that, "If one-hundred Carriers fought five-hundred Hydralisks, who would win?" type questions.

Questions pertaining to before-StarCraft: Original will be answered, but not about StarCraft II (since it hasn't even been released).

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by SkuZZy
Is kerrigan carrying raynor's baby ???
No.

[Note] Damnit, this thread is for you asking me questions, me answering them. You can debate this elsewhere. Thank you.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
How many trees are there on the blizz map "Legacy"?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
do you have no intelegence?

Shrimpshark and silent_assassin, are yo both retarded? Skuzzy if your listening (or technicaly its reading) i have split up this thread, because i can see that americanpsych0 is getting pissed off with the useless posts. i am sorts mad at these two losers. they keep poping up with useless posts.

PsYcHoTiC

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've only been on the forums for two days and I can already tell they are annoying

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Re: do you have no intelegence?

Originally posted by AKA-47
How many trees are there on the blizz map "Legacy"?
A lot. I'm not about to waste my time counting them all, especially for such a trivial question.

Originally posted by Silent_Assassin
i could help with some answers too guys
I've got it handled.

Originally posted by shrimpshark
lol ive got a Q can i get a ling with out a pool?
With cheats, yes.

Originally posted by pan_the_man
Shrimpshark and silent_assassin, are yo both retarded?
Like they're going to admit it... :rolleyes:

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Time for a real question here

With his kickass satirical humor that makes me want to join the crusade against idiots of America, I think AmericanPsych0 is my new hero.

I should probably post a Starcraft question while I'm doing this... how about on a game I lost a year or so ago, and don't think I ever learned from.

Playing against a Zerg opponent on LT that was going to drop you (You assume this from seeing the massive number of Lings, Hydras and Ultras) outside your base, but out of range of Psi Storm, what would be your best strategy against this? I had about 4 Reavers, 4 High Templar and some Zealots and Dragoons, but it just seemed I was going about it the wrong way.

He had Guardians and Scourges to counter me stopping his drops.

More High Templar would've been a good step I suppose...

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Re: Time for a real question here

Originally posted by fend0r
With his kickass satirical humor that makes me want to join the crusade against idiots of America, I think AmericanPsych0 is my new hero.
Aww, I fell so... Proud. Finally, someone realizes that I'm not that bad! :)

Originally posted by fend0r
Playing against a Zerg opponent on LT that was going to drop you (You assume this from seeing the massive number of Lings, Hydras and Ultras) outside your base, but out of range of Psi Storm, what would be your best strategy against this? I had about 4 Reavers, 4 High Templar and some Zealots and Dragoons, but it just seemed I was going about it the wrong way.

Hmm... I'd say High Templar are a definite must. Get a nice amount of them, then when he attacks, get Zealots to tank his forces, while you unleash Psi Storm on the lines of troops further back. Corsairs would have been good. Get one or two to go on a suicide mission and destroy as many Scourge as possible, then rip 'em to pieces with Psi Storm and some more Corsairs. You could've always gotten some Dark templar. Actually, mingling some Dark Templar with the Zealots would totally annihilate the Zerglings and Hydralisks. With a few Reavers backing them up and killing the Ultralisks, it could be done. Since I have no precise numbers (such as how many Zrglings, Hydralisks, etc.), and don't know if he had any other units, then this could be off. If I got a few, more exact numbers (not like 34 Zerglings, 23 Hydralisks, etc. just around a group or two of Hydras, etc.) I could give you a better answer.

To summarize this:

The Zerglings, Hydralisks, Ultralisks, Guardians, and Corsairs could be dealt with using Zealots, Dark templar, High Templar, Reavers, and Corsairs.

[Note] Some Photon Cannons to help back up your defensive army would be a help.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score

Destroy his expansions and dont let him get that army :)

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
If you didn't notice, I already answered his question...

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I can remember one of my pitfalls was using mostly dragoons vs those lings, which as we all know equals dead goons. I also think it was regular SC, so d temps would've helped, but weren't available. I also just didn't mix my units enough...

I'd send in my reavers alone to attack whatever he dropped, only to lose them to guardians, and use the high templar to psi storm his overlords and zerglings, only for them to get hammered by more guardians out of reach.

It was a over a year ago, so I don't remember most of the details, but thanks for your help.

R

rankdog1919

????

Are they going to be making a another starcraft game???? this first two rocked but they should make another one

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
According to Bill Roper, blizzard will be making SC2, but they dont know when.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Re: ????

Originally posted by rankdog1919
Are they going to be making a another starcraft game???? this first two rocked but they should make another one
A StarCraft II will be made. When it will be is up for debate.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
No it isn't, blizzard aren't even discussing it. They wont be making SC2 untill after WoW and SC: Ghost.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
No it isn't, blizzard aren't even discussing it.
They might not be discussing it, but it is on the top of their "To Do" list.

They wont be making SC2 untill after WoW and SC: Ghost.
I never said it would come about before then.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Well then it wont be out for at least 3-4 years.

And no, WoW and SC: Ghost is on top of blizzards to-do list, they are the only games under development at this time. They also have a team working on WC3, but not SC2.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
And if u didnt notice, i already answered his question :rolleyes: