Starcraft 2 Confirmed?

Scythe

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
"During my demonstration of StarCraft: Ghost yesterday afternoon, an interesting slip-up by a Nihilistic representative may have confirmed what we've all been hoping for a long time now...that StarCraft 2 may very well be in development, or at least pre-production. What exactly did I hear? I was told that the storyline in StarCraft: Ghost picks up, 'right after Brood War,' and starts things, 'that will continue later on in StarCraft 2.' This is hardly proof that the game is in development...but something's going on at Blizzard, and with any luck it's good news for StarCraft fans."

This was taken from Shacknews .

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
StarCraft 2 Confirmed? [May 16, 2003 : 09:09 am]
185 Comments - jason bergman
During my demonstration of StarCraft: Ghost yesterday afternoon, an interesting slip-up by a Nihilistic representative may have confirmed what we've all been hoping for a long time now...that StarCraft 2 may very well be in development, or at least pre-production. What exactly did I hear? I was told that the storyline in StarCraft: Ghost picks up, "right after Brood War," and starts things, "that will continue later on in StarCraft 2." This is hardly proof that the game is in development...but something's going on at Blizzard, and with any luck it's good news for StarCraft fans.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
No, I'm not talking about your thread. I'm talking to Dark Blade. He posted up the same information you did. I apoligize for this mess up.

(V)aster)V(ind

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.idealplayers.com
I think that it is already in production, proably early beta or they could even be producing the scripts for it as we type!

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Which game do you think is going to come out first?
World of Warcraft?
or
Starcraft 2?

I'm saying World of Warcraft because they have already let it out to the public and already making it.
I guess the real question is...
Do you think Starcraft 2 will be under construction when World of Warcraft comes out?

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
They rest everyday. They barely do anything everyday. They do very little everyday. If they were to work really hard everyday, they would have finished ghost on March. Because they worked on Starcraft:Ghost 1 year before it was even announced.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Well, i'm going to do what any hardcore SC player would do...believe that message! Hurrah! Hopefully it's coming out!

Nephosis

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Master Virus
Which game do you think is going to come out first?
World of Warcraft?
or
Starcraft 2?

I'm saying World of Warcraft because they have already let it out to the public and already making it.
I guess the real question is...
Do you think Starcraft 2 will be under construction when World of Warcraft comes out?
Yeah, i agree. WoW has to be out first considering all the official stuff on the site, screen shots and such. im a little skeptical about SC2. even if they did have plans, they could scrap them at any moment for something else. though i imagine SC2 would be their best selling game yet. or a D3.

i doubt they will have any significant developement for SC2 done until a while after Ghost is out. and thats still a good ways off.

-Nephosis-

GotCraftian

Member!
Reaction score
he means:

BLIZZARD PLEASE SAVE THE BETA/ALPHA PiCS SO WE CAN LAUGH AT HOW MUCH IT CAHNGED