Spirit link use

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I play Warcraft since it came out and from then until now I haven't found a way to adapt spirit link to any orc strategy of my own and I saw that even the best war players don't use it.
So what is the use of this spell ?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
well it links your units so that you all take damages together... it may be useful to use on strong units like taurens and mass healwards behind.

meh Im not an orc player, but that is my opinion on this matter.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
I play Warcraft since it came out and from then until now I haven't found a way to adapt spirit link to any orc strategy of my own and I saw that even the best war players don't use it.
So what is the use of this spell ?
The idea behind Runes of Spirit Link were to distribute your hero damage amongst units. But this is incredibly stupid. Considering the fact all units attack-move the moment they see something means that the hero (which takes less damage) distributes its damage towards the weaker units, which in turn ends up killing the units faster, which in turn ends up leaving the hero alone. Pretty stupid. -.-;

One strategy I did see 'sort-off' work was the healing ward tactic with the Shadow Hunter's Healing Wave. The only unfortunate thing was that to make this work, you need a lot of good HP units like Taurens and fully upgraded Grunts, in other words, late game. Which isn't what you really need.*

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Takes 4 units and links thier life together for 75 seconds. Each hit caused to one of them, affects the rest. Sharing damage making your units a little more tougher to kill. Also, it coffin cheats by removing the buff when you have 0 life left and sets hp to 1. Use it on high hit point units, heroes or even your casters if you need to. Be warned, you still might want to micro and keep your lower life bretheren from dying.

Disenchant causes 250 damage to hostile summons and dispels buffs, only means of stopping things like necros, buffcasters (priests/shaman/spirit walkers) and debuffcasters (sorcs/dotts).

Ancestral Spirit revives a Spirit Walker or Tauren to 100% life.

Countering Spirit Link: Cause severe damage to the linked or dispel the buff.

Ntrik said:
meh Im not an orc player, but that is my opinion on this matter.
Thus, Hellwolf_36 was born! :)

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Takes 4 units and links thier life together for 75 seconds. Each hit caused to one of them, affects the rest. Sharing damage making your units a little more tougher to kill. Also, it coffin cheats by removing the buff when you have 0 life left and sets hp to 1. Use it on high hit point units, heroes or even your casters if you need to. Be warned, you still might want to micro and keep your lower life bretheren from dying.

Disenchant causes 250 damage to hostile summons and dispels buffs, only means of stopping things like necros, buffcasters (priests/shaman/spirit walkers) and debuffcasters (sorcs/dotts).

Ancestral Spirit revives a Spirit Walker or Tauren to 100% life.

Countering Spirit Link: Cause severe damage to the linked or dispel the buff

Thus, Hellwolf_36 was born! :)

yes i know what it does

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
x42bn6 said:
The idea behind Runes of Spirit Link were to distribute your hero damage amongst units. But this is incredibly stupid. Considering the fact all units attack-move the moment they see something means that the hero (which takes less damage) distributes its damage towards the weaker units, which in turn ends up killing the units faster, which in turn ends up leaving the hero alone. Pretty stupid. -.-;

One strategy I did see 'sort-off' work was the healing ward tactic with the Shadow Hunter's Healing Wave. The only unfortunate thing was that to make this work, you need a lot of good HP units like Taurens and fully upgraded Grunts, in other words, late game. Which isn't what you really need.*
Ok u are perfectly right , so could this unit be useless?
Because spirit link can be dispelled, the dispel ability could be useful but it doesn't worth the tech and training, and the tauren resurection is stupid.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Ok tell me guys what happens if I cast spirit link on my units and a breaker moves it on an enemy, it means that if I attack that enemy I injure my units too right?
Isn't this stupid?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Theo, please do not triple post.

Starting using the edit button!

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
Ok u are perfectly right , so could this unit be useless?
Because spirit link can be dispelled, the dispel ability could be useful but it doesn't worth the tech and training, and the tauren resurection is stupid.
tauren ressurrection isnt stupid, its quite scary *shudders*

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Theo, please do not triple post.

Starting using the edit button!
Yes, I'm sorry

NtRik_ said:
tauren ressurrection isnt stupid, its quite scary *shudders*

Come one man is very hard to use, u can't go to spirit walker for tauren ressurection.Please answer my breaker question.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
why the **** would tauren ressurection be hard to do?
just press the "ancestral spirit" button, he's reborn, *sigh*
and yes... about spirit link... it shares 50% of the damage taken by one unit to the other 3 linked to him... it works better when your units are being focus fired, so you healing will be more effective... i use it with tauren+ hh's, but i've seen a madlike guy who i faced in an FFA that massed wyvs with the 3 casters, TC and SH. completely insane, he beat 2 undead armies together without losing a single wyvern... but he forgot i had bats anyway =/ if bats weren't imbalanced, i would have surely lost.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
why the **** would tauren ressurection be hard to do?
just press the "ancestral spirit" button, he's reborn, *sigh*
and yes... about spirit link... it shares 50% of the damage taken by one unit to the other 3 linked to him... it works better when your units are being focus fired, so you healing will be more effective... i use it with tauren+ hh's, but i've seen a madlike guy who i faced in an FFA that massed wyvs with the 3 casters, TC and SH. completely insane, he beat 2 undead armies together without losing a single wyvern... but he forgot i had bats anyway =/ if bats weren't imbalanced, i would have surely lost.
It is not hard to cast as gameplay man, I know u just press the button (or use hotkey) but I was refering to the strategy. The best orc players preffer to use as caster with taurens shaman because of bloodlust, u can't invest in a strategy with both shaman and spirit walker master (because is expensive and the orc isn't the best expansion race)
About that other question u didn't read it:
If I cast spirit link on some units of mine and a breaker moves it on an enemy if I attack that enemy I will injure my own units that are linked with that?
Not only that spirit link can be dispelled easily it can be also used against me,
this is the worst unit in the game man.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have no idea, I dont know if spellbreakers can steal that, guess its good for a test in custom map. Sorry stormhawk, Ive missed that question.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That should be taken into consideration. I will test this theory myself :).

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
NtRik_ said:
I have no idea, I dont know if spellbreakers can steal that, guess its good for a test in custom map. Sorry stormhawk, Ive missed that question.

Hellwolf_36 said:
That should be taken into consideration. I will test this theory myself :).

I studied well the spirit walker before I opened this thread and spirit-link can be dispelled and stealed. The breaker is a often used unit by the human players in many strategies because he is effective against many type of units, i'm telling u that spirit walker at initiate training level is a waste of money.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
The breaker is a pain in the ass for any orc player. Wards can be stolen and bloodlust can be given to a human unit. Especially bad if Statis Traps get stolen, nothing worse than stunning yourself for 6 seconds.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
Ok tell me guys what happens if I cast spirit link on my units and a breaker moves it on an enemy, it means that if I attack that enemy I injure my units too right?
Isn't this stupid?
urm?

Spirit link is good for those who like to focus fire, ebcuase it is pretty much distributes the full runt of the focus fire on one units over many units.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
The breaker is a pain in the ass for any orc player. Wards can be stolen and bloodlust can be given to a human unit. Especially bad if Statis Traps get stolen, nothing worse than stunning yourself for 6 seconds.
The wards can not be stolen.

Pan said:
urm?

Spirit link is good for those who like to focus fire, ebcuase it is pretty much distributes the full runt of the focus fire on one units over many units.
It is a good spell, but like I said it can be dispelled very easily because is at tier 2 and at tier 2 there are many dispel solutions for the enemy not to mention again the steal thing from breakers.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Pan said:
that is like saying "no spell is worth it after tier 2 because of dispel."
Well I prefer faerie fire or slow or heal as initiate spells because are cheap in mana and cheap in caster cost . U know that at initiate level imediately after exiting spirit lodge the spirit walker can cast only 1 spirit link. For example an initiate priest can heal me forever :) (thanks to briliance too).
And please no more off-topicness, could u state a answer for the post nr7 of this thread.