Spirit link use

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
The wards can not be stolen.
Then I see someone hasn't learned what CONTROL MAGIC is!

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Then I see someone hasn't learned what CONTROL MAGIC is!

Come one man I know about control magic, is wonderful against all 3 types of FS sumoned wolves, except level 3 AM's water elemental.
I know for sure that the shadow hunter's serpent wards can not be stolen and I assumed that was the case with the stasis traps also because they are wards too. It seems I was wrong.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Any wards can be stolen, so long as the mana cost doesn't go above 250.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Any wards can be stolen, so long as the mana cost doesn't go above 250.
I am 100% sure that the SH's serpent wards can not be stolen with Control Magic in 1.18. I've tried it a few weeks ago.As I recall the message was "Unable to target wards".
Just to bee 200% sure I'll try it again soon.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Yeah hes right, the heros wards cannot be stolen. they are immune.

stasis can only be stolen if it's seen, and the others with no problem

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Steal the statis before the 10 second timer is done. That is when they go cloaked and prime themselves for explosion. That costs 70 mana to steal 45 + 25 base, Healing wards cost like 30 :p.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
Theo, spirit link cannot be stolen.

YES IT CAN

IF somebody wants proof, u can watch the replays that I've linked in my other thread "DEATH PACT SUPER STRATEGY"(post number 6), in some game between AMD64 and 4KIntel spirit link is used and stolen by breakers.

Ok could we post some real ideas about this spell, we can start by analizing my nr.1 and nr.7 posts of this thread, so I want to discuss about this, also I would recomend to see the replays I've told u about.

I'm counting on u guys because this is a real strategy topic,people on the net have started to use spirit walker, and I want for us to find the real meaning of this spell and unit!!!!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You are better off dispelling it anyways.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
You are better off dispelling it anyways.

It is not a problem of dispel. It is the fact that if I use it and it gets stolen I injure my own units because the enemy is still linked with my units.
Like I said is the utility of this spell that counts, and the strategy context.

And another problem: where is everybody?
Is there a problem with the forum?

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I agree with hellwolf why would you want to steal something thats going to hurt all your units? Dispell is the way to go... Sprit link kindda sucks if you think about it cause they could just focus on one unit and weaken your whole army

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Not necessarily, but used correctly and you won't experience full pain from its effects. It really depends on which 4 units are linked together, there is a difference between 4 casters and 4 tauren now is there :D.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Icedragon said:
I agree with hellwolf why would you want to steal something thats going to hurt all your units? Dispell is the way to go... Sprit link kindda sucks if you think about it cause they could just focus on one unit and weaken your whole army

U didn't get the ideea man so I will say it again.
The breker steals usually only one unit from the 4 linked, so imagine let's say 4 grunts linked and a breaker comes and steals the buff from one of them and places that buff on a footman (for example), if those 3 grunts attack that footman they injure themselves attacking the enemy.I say that this spell can be not profitable from the point of view of the orc player that uses it and not for the human opponent.So how can we use it in a good manner against a human opponent, that is my question?

About that other thing that u said:
Come one man that is the point. If they attack one unit that unit will give u time until it dies so your all other army will attack and make huge damage. This is simple strategy man if u have a unit wich life u know that with spirit link is about 1500 hp what do you do you try to kill it or u attack the other units from the army. If you don't have the means to dispel this buff u attack normally each unit against another unit, in army combat this spell means nothing.And another thing the Spirit Walker if kept in ethereal form when he casts spirit link he links himself too, and u know that for a caster he has the most hp. My problem is this bug that I've described above, to dispel a buff is one thing but to use it like this against u is not fair man.