South Ossetia-Georgian war

Uncle_Vanya

Гражданин СССР
Reaction score
The war has just begun yesterday, Georgia began massive military operations to capture South Ossetia, so far the civilian bodycount is 15 dead. South Ossetian capitol of Tshinvali is surrounded by Georgian forces and is being pounded by Georgian airforce. A few minutes ago Russian Peacekeeper HQs in the region reported that there were direct artillery hits on the barracks of the Russian peacekeepers and there were wounded. Russia is going to war, we haven't moved the troops yet but with our peacekeepers wounded we now have no choice, Russia is at a defacto state of war with Georgia. There is a report by Georgian ministry of Defense of a pack of Russian Su-24 ground attack aircraft dropping bombs of a Georgian city of Karel, the main city police building has been heavily damaged with bombardment, no reports of casualties as of yet. As I said, weeks later Russian forces have already been assembling at the North Ossetian-South Ossetian border and will most likely begin mobilizing towards the conflict zone some time today. The UN security council's meeting ended about 50 minutes ago and they decided nothing thus far.

CFarer43

Reaction score
This war is a playing out of CIA plans in the works for months. Just ask Condi.

CFarer43

Reaction score
Georgia today called on the US to step in after Russian tanks rolled across the border to aid separatists in the breakaway region of South Ossetia.
guardian.co.uk, Friday August 08 2008 14:30 BST

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Yeah, and you can bet if the US steps in it'll either a) be over in a dew days, or b) drag on for years and years.

I'm going for B). They'll pull our troops from the WAR ON TERROR bull**** oil whatever and send em to the motherland again to get their **** pushed in.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
The US won't step in. We're already in a war, or finishing up a war. It would cause too much uproar and rage in the U.S. and would be heavily protested by pretty much everyone. Not happening.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I say we just nuke them and be done with them. Our Georgia is better, anyhow.

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
Russia should pick on people their own size.

kla44

Reaction score
Ossetians raped and pillaged in Kosova on behalf of serbs. I am hoping Georgians return the favor and anihilate them.

Uncle_Vanya

Гражданин СССР
Reaction score
Kosovo is another issue, it belongs to Serbia, it will once again be a part of Serbia. You turned sovereign Serbian land into a drug and slavery transit post and the whole of Europe suffers. We Slavs do not forget and we do not forgive, Albanians will pay for everything, for attempting to claim Slavic land as their own, for attempting to falsify history, for harvesting organs of innocent civilians, for trafficking drugs from Afghanistan to Europe. They will pay and then that day comes they'll discover what the French, the Germans, the Turks, the Japanese, the Mongols, the Levonic knights and everyone else who ever tried to take what is ours has already discovered, you don't mess with the Slavs and win, in the end you can only loose.

This conflict was initiated by Georgia, they were the ones who fired on our peacekeepers, 90% of the population of South Ossetia holds Russian citizenship, Russia has every right to step in to protect its citizens and to respond to attacks on its peacekeepers. US will not get involved, only a mad man would risk a war with Russia over some irrelevant banana republic in south Caucasus. Georgian aggressions will be extinguished and South Ossetia will become an independent state and the Georgians brought it upon themselves, there is nothing more to it. The fighting is escalating, we're bombing Gogi to hell.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
U. S. Won't step in.

I'll see how this plays out. Can't believe Georgia has large military operations and pulls in Russia, then declares they are defending themselves against Russian hostilities.

Uncle_Vanya

Гражданин СССР
Reaction score
U. S. Won't step in.

I'll see how this plays out. Can't believe Georgia has large military operations and pulls in Russia, then declares they are defending themselves against Russian hostilities.
Its Sakaashvili, he is one messed up sob, I've been calling him out on his rhetoric for years now. Their logic makes no sense. Gogi got jokes though.

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
and the Georgians brought it upon themselves, there is nothing more to it.
The Georgians couldnt have done it without Russia's involvement in allowing the province the break away. Want to know something funny? The Russians did to Ossetia what the Muslims and the West did to Kosovo. Its demographic invasion, and there's nothing more to it. At least have the balls to accept your country's involvement for what it is.

Russia is going to have its little puppet province, and they also want to look like the "saviors". Talk about having one's cake and eating it too. They'll become Russian puppets and this drives Georgia even closer to NATO/EU membership, mark my words.

This is just a stupid game of tit-for-tat that began with Kosovo. The official line is: "supporting ethnic separatism in Kosovo destabilises the other countries with separatist movements - for example, Georgia".
But it's really: "you mess with our ally (Serbia) we mess with yours (Georgia), and by supporting Kosovo independence with your military you lost your ground to complain when we do the same".
It's Cold-war style conflict by proxy. And its hillarious how you try to paint this under a glorious "For the Motherland!" light.

And I like your little touch of pan-slavism there. Its very quaint, very 19 century. Very at odd with recent history, too.

Uncle_Vanya

Гражданин СССР
Reaction score
The Georgians couldnt have done it without Russia's involvement in allowing the province the break away. Want to know something funny? The Russians did to Ossetia what the Muslims and the West did to Kosovo. Its demographic invasion, and there's nothing more to it. At least have the balls to accept your country's involvement for what it is.
A demographic invasion of a region that never belonged to Georgia in the first place? Ossetia was a part of Russian Empire separate from Georgia, it was Stalin who split it into North and South.

Russia is going to have its little puppet province, and they also want to look like the "saviors". Talk about having one's cake and eating it too. They'll become Russian puppets and this drives Georgia even closer to NATO/EU membership, mark my words.
Actually this will drive the NATO members away from accepting Georgia, no one wants to actually enact the mutual defense pact and Georgia is a powderkeg. In either case Russia will respond adequately to the threats presented even if it means NATO expansion, if NATO expands into Georgia we will react to that once it happens which I highly doubt it will especially now.

This is just a stupid game of tit-for-tat that began with Kosovo. The official line is: "supporting ethnic separatism in Kosovo destabilises the other countries with separatist movements - for example, Georgia".
But it's really: "you mess with our ally (Serbia) we mess with yours (Georgia), and by supporting Kosovo independence with your military you lost your ground to complain when we do the same".
It's Cold-war style conflict by proxy. And its hillarious how you try to paint this under a glorious "For the Motherland!" light.

And I like your little touch of pan-slavism there. Its very quaint, very 19 century. Very at odd with recent history, too.
Im not painting Georgia under glorious motherland light, I am painting Kosovo as such, hilarious or not that is how I feel about the issue and thats how most of my people feel about it. Pan-Slavism has never really died, how is it at odds with recent history exactly? Yes Yeltsin was a swine he sold out the Serbs, but that doesn't mean that we'll allow that to happen again, we help our brothers. Even in the Kosovo war there were thousands of Russian volunteers fighting for the Serbian, for our side. Plus this all started way before Kosovo. Im not sure yet but the Cossacks have been asking to mobilize for years now, I think they'll volunteer themselves in this conflict as well.

zazapt

Reaction score
A demographic invasion of a region that never belonged to Georgia in the first place? Ossetia was a part of Russian Empire separate from Georgia, it was Stalin who split it into North and South.

Actually this will drive the NATO members away from accepting Georgia, no one wants to actually enact the mutual defense pact and Georgia is a powderkeg. In either case Russia will respond adequately to the threats presented even if it means NATO expansion, if NATO expands into Georgia we will react to that once it happens which I highly doubt it will especially now.

Now you say you feel obligated to help 90% of Russian citizens there, but did you ask yourself how come in Osetia and Abkhazia to break away regions of Georgia have population whose 90% is Russian??? and Russia is peacekeeping neutral part in the conflict???
Well the answer is they gave out the passports, and in some cases even forced people to get the russian passports, so that in future when Russia will decide to invade Georgia like it did in 1920s it will have an excuse: the constitution that dictates to protect russian citizens, if so many russian citizens are in those regions why dont they go home to russia and leave Georgian matters to Georgians

Im not painting Georgia under glorious motherland light, I am painting Kosovo as such, hilarious or not that is how I feel about the issue and thats how most of my people feel about it. Pan-Slavism has never really died, how is it at odds with recent history exactly? Yes Yeltsin was a swine he sold out the Serbs, but that doesn't mean that we'll allow that to happen again, we help our brothers. Even in the Kosovo war there were thousands of Russian volunteers fighting for the Serbian, for our side. Plus this all started way before Kosovo. Im not sure yet but the Cossacks have been asking to mobilize for years now, I think they'll volunteer themselves in this conflict as well.
:getalife: Wow, I thought only the government was screwed it turns out more than that, in fact I noticed this shmuk doesnt even know history, South Osetia was created by comunists, before that place was called SAMACHABLO and was ruled by a royal family Machabeli, part of the whole royal family of Georgia, this was never a separate state, or even a region up until comunists in particular Orjonikidze gave them autonomy based on ethnic minority represented there! this is just for your head to process. I also may understand you since all RUssian Channels are FEDERAL!!! remember that one! they say what they are told to (there goes your freedom of speech) and the desinformation that they are spreading, all day long. Good example wouild be that they said that Russian Peacekeepers captured back Ckhinvali, in fact Russian army along with Tanks that they brought in in the amount close to 140 are sitting duds because Georgian troops blew up the bridge connecting Ckhinvali with the riegion where tanks are located at the moment and they cant even go in sooo :stfu they have a blown up bridge in front and a mountain with a hole behind.
I believe this was insinuated attack from russians since Georgia is a potential threat since it could provide alternate route for oil and gas supplies to europe where it in controll of abkhazia, therefore Russia will lose all the pressure it has on europe with its gas and oil.
Blogs » www.MyBlat.com
read my blog

zazapt

Reaction score
Also one more thing why dont you ask yourself how come on Georgian soil, in breakaway region 90%of the people are Russian citizens, and what the hack than they are doing in Georgia occuping its territories?????? Well they were given passports by Russian government to use them as an excuse to invade Georgia like in 1920's. If Russia is invading just to "protect" its citizens why dont they create an evacuation plan to move all the russian citizens out of the conflict zone and leave the matter to those who belong there??? Imagine brighton beach, in Brooklyn NY declaring independence, and when US government steps in Russian federation will send troops and invade US because it is protecting its citizens, BE REAL, only reason it did this to Georgia is because its small, but has many allyes that understand that if this will be done to Georgia, meaning taking away regions, same will be done with Ukraine tomorrow, and Poland after tomorrow, and hack knows what happens to the world.

pablobotin

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

What is happening in Georgia right now is not just a conflict between Russia and Georgia, but much more, cause it represents the fight between freedom and authoritarism. Any country is going to defend georgian interests, so it's up to us, responsible citizens of the free world (I calla that way our countries since I wonder if the cold war is now over), to defend the unprotected Georgian citizens and democracy againts the iron arm of Russian 21st Century Fascism:

I Invite all those who want to come with me in 20 days to Georgia to organise the "second" international brigades, as they were set up for the first time during the Civil Spanish War against Franco's forces.

This is a serious message, since we speak about a serious situation,

Thanks to everybody

May God save Georgian citizens, freedom, and democracy!

And I have a question for Russian People: Does economic growth is OK, even if you see an elite is getting richer and richer by "mysterious" means and you do not have any Freedom of Speech nor Press and respect for Human Rights?

Uncle_Vanya

Гражданин СССР
Reaction score
:getalife: Wow, I thought only the government was screwed it turns out more than that, in fact I noticed this shmuk doesnt even know history, South Osetia was created by comunists, before that place was called SAMACHABLO and was ruled by a royal family Machabeli, part of the whole royal family of Georgia, this was never a separate state, or even a region up until comunists in particular Orjonikidze gave them autonomy based on ethnic minority represented there! this is just for your head to process.
Nonsense, the Ossetians are not a minority in Ossetia, neither were they ever a minority in Ossetia. In other words **** off.

I also may understand you since all RUssian Channels are FEDERAL!!!
Im not in Russia but there is an opposition channel called RTVi, also no one in Russia is going to keep you from getting cable or satellite and getting access to BBC, nor is anyone blocking the internet.

remember that one! they say what they are told to (there goes your freedom of speech) and the desinformation that they are spreading, all day long.
Obviously you haven no idea about the state of Russian media, all you know is what you're spoon fed by circus shows like CNN or Fox News.

Good example wouild be that they said that Russian Peacekeepers captured back Ckhinvali, in fact Russian army along with Tanks that they brought in in the amount close to 140 are sitting duds because Georgian troops blew up the bridge connecting Ckhinvali with the riegion where tanks are located at the moment and they cant even go in sooo :stfu they have a blown up bridge in front and a mountain with a hole behind.
Once again, the Georgians have been beaten out of Tskhinvali, now they are attempting to get it back, they will fail yet again, for 4th or 5th time now. Georgia can not win this war. Or are you doubting that there are Russian troops and tanks in Tskhinvali? Because not even the Georgian government doubts that. There are army engineering corps, their whole purpose is building bridges.

I believe this was insinuated attack from russians since Georgia is a potential threat since it could provide alternate route for oil and gas supplies to europe where it in control of abkhazia, therefore Russia will lose all the pressure it has on europe with its gas and oil.
Blogs » www.MyBlat.com
read my blog
[/quote]

Yeah, that line of thought makes absolutely no sense since it was Georgia that initiated the hostilities by firing on Russian peacekeepers and invading South Ossetia. Your argument, being based on stupidity will not go far. Even if the pipeline is built it will not reduce the need for Russian gas and oil by enough to make Russian leverage irrelevant, the pipeline is simply not big enough, also Russia has more natural gas then anyone and a whole lot of oil, those are commodities we will always find a customer although Europe can not survive without us. How is the attack insinuated from Russians if the Georgians attacked us first and no one is denying it?

Also one more thing why dont you ask yourself how come on Georgian soil, in breakaway region 90%of the people are Russian citizens, and what the hack than they are doing in Georgia occuping its territories?????? Well they were given passports by Russian government to use them as an excuse to invade Georgia like in 1920's. If Russia is invading just to "protect" its citizens why dont they create an evacuation plan to move all the russian citizens out of the conflict zone and leave the matter to those who belong there??? Imagine brighton beach, in Brooklyn NY declaring independence, and when US government steps in Russian federation will send troops and invade US because it is protecting its citizens, BE REAL, only reason it did this to Georgia is because its small, but has many allyes that understand that if this will be done to Georgia, meaning taking away regions, same will be done with Ukraine tomorrow, and Poland after tomorrow, and hack knows what happens to the world.
Nobody forced Russian citizenship on Ossetians, it was offered to them and they took it, because they don't want to be a part of Georgia, they're not too fond of Georgia's ethnic cleansing campaigns. South Ossetian refugees are being transported to North Ossetia, often under Georgian artillery fire. Our peacekeepers were attacked without provocation, Georgia needs to pay for that. Your Brighton beach example doesn't apply here, Ossetians are the ethnic population of Ossetia they haven't migrated there. As for your other little bit, what about Kosovo? Even if Russia was in it to annex South Ossetia, which it is not as it is simply responding to aggression shown by Georgia, West's actions in Kosovo would justify anything Russia might do. Russia will win this one if you think otherwise you're delusional. Russia is also not the aggressor, GEORGIA FIRED ON OUR PEACEKEEPERS WITHOUT PROVOCATION (Read it slowly and several times if you're still not getting it) so STFU.

Hello everybody,

What is happening in Georgia right now is not just a conflict between Russia and Georgia, but much more, cause it represents the fight between freedom and authoritarism. Any country is going to defend georgian interests, so it's up to us, responsible citizens of the free world (I calla that way our countries since I wonder if the cold war is now over), to defend the unprotected Georgian citizens and democracy againts the iron arm of Russian 21st Century Fascism:
Oh geez, the idiotic Russophobes have started flocking in already, that was fast. What Russian Fascism? Protecting Ossetians from an ethnic cleansing is Russian Fascism? Responding to an unprovoked attack on our troops is Russian Fascism? Georgia is not a democratic country, it is just as corrupt as any other banana republic but the west doesn't have any problem turning a blind eye then its convenient. You will risk nuclear war with Russia to promote an ethnic cleansing and satisfy Sakashvilli's wet dreams? He is a mad man.

I Invite all those who want to come with me in 20 days to Georgia to organise the "second" international brigades, as they were set up for the first time during the Civil Spanish War against Franco's forces.
Oh so its like that is it, have fun dying, I hope I get a chance to piss on your grave.

This is a serious message, since we speak about a serious situation,

Thanks to everybody

May God save Georgian citizens, freedom, and democracy!
Have fun in hell.

And I have a question for Russian People: Does economic growth is OK, even if you see an elite is getting richer and richer by "mysterious" means and you do not have any Freedom of Speech nor Press and respect for Human Rights?
Here we go, the self-righteous nonsense most of you russophobes are dispersing. You have no idea about Russian freedom of speech or press besides what your own press tells you, and if you're going to say that your press is unbiased then you are truly delusional. Same as you have no idea about the situation with democracy and freedom of speech in Georgia. Then a Russian opposition leader says on Russian federal TV that Russia has no freedom of press and his message is not blocked or censored in any way you'd think the irony would sink in but that won't happen, you're too stupid to understand what is layed out before your eyes. So I hope you die, Russia will win this war, we have betrayed our friends once, the Serbs, that will never happen again, we will show you why you do not want to **** with the Bear.

kocten

Reaction score
Why mass medias of the United States regularly does show an absolute lie?

I live in 100 kilometres from the area of conflict and see that takes a place by the eyes. I ask me to be sorry for bad English.

Shortly speaking: Georgian military powers kill peaceful habitants, rob and destroy at home. To us bring refugees thousands, at majority there, in South Ossetia, from hands Georgian relatives and friends perished. It is thus rumoured, that Georgians were not put restraint from short distance to shoot peaceful habitants, including children. They put to death 2 thousand peaceful habitants. That in Your press name insurgents are the native habitants of these earths which Georgians try from there to drive out, and it is practically succeeded by him, moreover on the stories of these people - Georgians shoot the peaceful habitants of surrendering villages, in living remain only those, who looks like Georgian.
South Ossetia begs about the help of world association and UNO. The habitants of South Ossetia conduct the mass meetings, trying to come into a notice, but to them there is not attention a world association.

Please, very much ask you, tell about this everything. Only so the world can know a true about what be going on here!!!!

Why mass medias of the United States regularly does show an absolute lie?

I live in 100 kilometres from the area of conflict and see that takes a place by the eyes. I ask me to be sorry for bad English.

Shortly speaking: Georgian military powers kill peaceful habitants, rob and destroy at home. To us bring refugees thousands, at majority there, in South Ossetia, from hands Georgian relatives and friends perished. It is thus rumoured, that Georgians were not put restraint from short distance to shoot peaceful habitants, including children. They put to death 2 thousand peaceful habitants. That in Your press name insurgents are the native habitants of these earths which Georgians try from there to drive out, and it is practically succeeded by him, moreover on the stories of these people - Georgians shoot the peaceful habitants of surrendering villages, in living remain only those, who looks like Georgian.
South Ossetia begs about the help of world association and UNO. The habitants of South Ossetia conduct the mass meetings, trying to come into a notice, but to them there is not attention a world association.

Please, very much ask you, tell about this everything. Only so the world can know a true about what be going on here!!!!