SC 2 will be made!!!

Animal-Death

Reaction score
Ive heard from the owner of my local pc gaming zone thing, that blizzard has already agreed to make the new starcraft. They are supposed to announce it soon and some convention coming up. Probably be out in 2 years or so, hopefully less! CANT WAIT!!!!!

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
How are they going to make StarCraft II? From what I remembered, the team who designed StarCraft quit from Blizzard.
If StarCraft were to be made, it would be very, very, VERY different.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
That would be cool if they annouced it, but to start making it right after SC:G? That seems a bit odd! Although, I don't want to sound like a 'debbie-downer' I'm ALL for SC2 and maybe they should start on it now to get it done by the time I'm 50. ;)

I can't wait for the convention! This will be the first public release of SCG. This is great news for us! If everything runs smoothly and all the bugs are fixed then SCG may be a title we'll see for Christmas 2005 :D Lets hope so!

shinosan2121

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, starcraft is awsome, im not really into the 3rd person shooter style of games, i may play stg, but probably not, i would definently buy starcraft 2, i wish they could make a starcraft online style, like a mmorpg using starcraft players just like they did with warcraft, that would be f*cking awsome

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
knowing blizard if it coems out 2 years its gonna be a bit longer

CMNeir

Member!
Reaction score
Finally.... We have waited so long, and finally they might acually make it...

But 2 years.... thats a hell of a time to wait, i hope it is sooner if they plan on doing it at all.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Nope, no proof. This has been said many times that some guy from some store said some thing. Plus, there is no need to make SC II with Ghost coming out soon. (We hope!) While it would be great that SC II would be annouced at the upcoming BlizzCon by the time they started the project I might be some 30 years old. lol. Blizzard is only getting slower making their games, I think. Look how long it took to get WC3 and WoW out. Not that long considering the work for a MMRPG.

aphextwin

Reaction score
if its not on blizzard's website, its false

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I believe blizzard does this just to get people to want to buy their games more. They send out things that say that something is in development and the entire internet world is like OMGZ GUYSZZZ IT IS COMING WID liKE 399(@(#)@#*883839 new FeTAurEz!!!! and then it gets discussed on a forum like this. Genuis.

Animal-Death

Reaction score
Ill try to get some proof for you guys, if I cant I guess Ill just get some more info.

Zerg-ShadowX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.teamzerg.tk
PauseBreak said:
Plus, there is no need to make SC II with Ghost coming out soon.

Why does is matter if SC 2 is made when SCG comes out, they are totally different style of games. strategy, and 3rd person shooter. nothing alike. so i am all for both games at the same time, i wouldn't mind. if they made ghost and 2 then the starcraft market is open with 2 new totally different products to apeal to different people, why favor 3rd person over strategy, why not release both and widen the market for starcraft. if they only release ghost which im sure is whats happening, then strategy fans are left with an old, outdated game. i was 8 when that game was made (i think) and im 18 now, and that game is still my favorite. thats the thing about strategy, it doesn't have to be flashy. i meen look at the first civilization game. i loved that game to, and it by no meens is a flashy high end game (mainly becasue it was made like 13 years ago, but still). my point is it doesn't have to be flashy to be good. i think we all agree starcraft is good even after being around 10 or so years. its not super flashy with graphics besides the cinimatics (which were awsume for the day, and still are great). all we, as the gaming comsumer, want after 10 frikin years of an awsume product, is, another awsume product to keep the story and the fun going. i hope when sc2 comes out that it will be a game i want to play for 10 more years. sadly i cant say that for any of the warcraft games (except WC2 on my playstation 1 when im bored). the only game i know of other than starcraft that has been around for some time that i'd still play is the MMORPG Asheron's Call. Asheron's Call was the greatest. when they made 2, it was all flash and they went to the skill tree bull crap. i hope they don't get rid of any key things in starcraft. i think the simplicity of the game is what makes it good, just complicated enough for a challenge, but not make it tedeous to play. ok im done ranting now. its been like a year since i posted so i have some catching up to do

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Animal-Death said:
Ive heard from the owner of my local pc gaming zone thing, that blizzard has already agreed to make the new starcraft. They are supposed to announce it soon and some convention coming up. Probably be out in 2 years or so, hopefully less! CANT WAIT!!!!!
I think that they are working on it since the next day Warcraft3 was done. I have no doubt that there will be a second Starcraft (only a huge doubt about Warcraft 4). The thing is that they always try to bring great gameplay improvement and this is research that takes time and money, but money is not an issue for Blizzard.
Beside the gameplay research thing, if a new Starcraft would be released now it will seriosly affect the Warcraft3 players comunity, that already decreased it's number because of WOW. Let's remember how it was for Warcraft II when Starcraft came out. In my opinion Starcraft II will appear in 3-4 years from now and that day will be the end of Warcraft 3.
Until Star2 I think we will have to settle with Ghost.

Reaction score
Zerg-ShadowX said:
Why does is matter if SC 2 is made when SCG comes out, they are totally different style of games. strategy, and 3rd person shooter. nothing alike. so i am all for both games at the same time, i wouldn't mind. if they made ghost and 2 then the starcraft market is open with 2 new totally different products to apeal to different people, why favor 3rd person over strategy, why not release both and widen the market for starcraft. if they only release ghost which im sure is whats happening, then strategy fans are left with an old, outdated game. i was 8 when that game was made (i think) and im 18 now, and that game is still my favorite. thats the thing about strategy, it doesn't have to be flashy. i meen look at the first civilization game. i loved that game to, and it by no meens is a flashy high end game (mainly becasue it was made like 13 years ago, but still). my point is it doesn't have to be flashy to be good. i think we all agree starcraft is good even after being around 10 or so years. its not super flashy with graphics besides the cinimatics (which were awsume for the day, and still are great). all we, as the gaming comsumer, want after 10 frikin years of an awsume product, is, another awsume product to keep the story and the fun going. i hope when sc2 comes out that it will be a game i want to play for 10 more years. sadly i cant say that for any of the warcraft games (except WC2 on my playstation 1 when im bored). the only game i know of other than starcraft that has been around for some time that i'd still play is the MMORPG Asheron's Call. Asheron's Call was the greatest. when they made 2, it was all flash and they went to the skill tree bull crap. i hope they don't get rid of any key things in starcraft. i think the simplicity of the game is what makes it good, just complicated enough for a challenge, but not make it tedeous to play. ok im done ranting now. its been like a year since i posted so i have some catching up to do
SC:Ghost is a bridge from BW to SC2 thats why they wont release them at the same time....

PauseBreak

Reaction score
T.J. The Weird One said:
SC:Ghost is a bridge from BW to SC2 thats why they wont release them at the same time....
I think you are the only one that might understand that concept. lol
Or people just don't want to believe that this IS the next chapter in the SC universe.

DeathClaw

Member!
Reaction score
i just have to say you guys are sounding awful noobish and childish...no offense
but seriously, maybe starcraft two is the topic not ghost and you know how long it took for ghost to come out (and it still didnt) even with SC's ginormous popularity? if Ghost isnt as good as the hype (which i believe will occur) then dont you think SC2 will come out even later than the gap between ghost and SC? idk i may just be comparing two different time concepts, but...you guys are way too over enthusiastic (especially you pausebreak :p)

PauseBreak

Reaction score
DeathClaw said:
but...you guys are way too over enthusiastic (especially you pausebreak :p)
Hey, I love Starcraft with all my heart. This game will not disappoint me. I except a great and wonderful FPS in the universe of Starcraft.

I don't know why people really doubt this game. I mean, Blizzard is making this game. And they are taking their very sweet time to make it perfect. If you are talking about all the hype with disappointment, this isn't Halo2, this is Starcraft. Blizzard isn't cutting a lot out to make deadlines *coughhalo2cough* and are only adding things that everyone has ever dreamed about. Being to play as a Ghost, and in multiplayer they will be adding Protoss and Zerg units to play with!
Blizzard is going beyond the call to make us a game that will be playable many times over. Sure, single player probably will get stale after awhile, but multiplayer will surely be playable over and over and over, again.

To get back on topic. There is NO rumors about SC2, there HASN'T been any recent rumors about SC2. The game is NOT being made now, or probably in the near future. While we can all hope for the game, you thought ghost took forever. Better get your retirement accounts ready before you start playing SC2. :p

Reaction score
DeathClaw said:
i just have to say you guys are sounding awful noobish and childish...no offense
but seriously, maybe starcraft two is the topic not ghost and you know how long it took for ghost to come out (and it still didnt) even with SC's ginormous popularity? if Ghost isnt as good as the hype (which i believe will occur) then dont you think SC2 will come out even later than the gap between ghost and SC? idk i may just be comparing two different time concepts, but...you guys are way too over enthusiastic (especially you pausebreak :p)
hope your not talking to me lol I dont get my hopes up for them to come crashing down... but I beleive Blizzard won't dissapoint there fans... there even looking at GC for multiplayer and anticipate all three races will be in MP (BTW ANTICIPATE IS NOT FOR SURE) but yes i'll agree with you on PauseBreak shouldn't get his hopes to high... but if Blizzard thinks its a POS they would scrap it... I heard somewhere they did that with one of there games because they beleived it wasnt to there standards... well thats's what I have to say...

O wait one more thing... SC2 being worked on IS A BUNCH OF BULL I will not beleive it till I see proof of it because im pretty sure when SC BW came out people expected SC2 in the next 2-5 years...

PauseBreak said:
Being to play as a Ghost, and in multiplayer they will be adding Protoss and Zerg units to play with!
Im sorry pause but that isnt for sure but it will most likely happen I mean there taking there sweet time... I do expect them atleast as something to try to kill you... but what I want is to be a Zealot lol

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
PauseBreak said:
Hey, I love Starcraft with all my heart. This game will not disappoint me. I except a great and wonderful FPS in the universe of Starcraft.

Oh man, that made me chuckle. I'm going to laugh my ass off when this game becomes total crap, and you still try to pass it off as awesome.