Rune Hunting

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
get d2jsp, and get countess bot.

if u have any items your sorce would be stronger with that sacrifices your MF, uset hem. mf is nothing when it comes to runes.

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
rune huntin

i've been trying to find high runes. Can you guys suggest the best place to find high runes and tell me what was the highest and lowest rune you've found there.
if possible i need to where to find chipped gems , flawed gems.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Cows drop lots of shinys. From my experience anyways. I would check the sticky in Strategies and Tactics Forum. This also is more suiable for that forum, seeing as there is a thread already about this.

-Moved & Merged.

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
when they say that summoner, nith or cows or whatever drops high runes, are they talking in nightmare mode or hell?
and can someone give me a link to find a countess bot?

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
seymorebutts said:
when they say that summoner, nith or cows or whatever drops high runes, are they talking in nightmare mode or hell?
and can someone give me a link to find a countess bot?
Then they are talking hell ... dont think high runes can drop in norm or nm..

-Shadow

philip.yay

Member!
Reaction score
try in cows
its buggy if you jsp but it's the best place for em
and countess but countess only drops ist and lower

Reaction score
i find my runes at trav, its not the greatest place to rune hunt, but they from my experience they can drop any rune, a few days ago i found a jah and a cham from em, it was extremely graifying, time consuming though. so i prefer to rush for 4rg, keep mal and under, trade off ist and up if i dont need.

on uswest nonladder 2 ist=1 hi(cham lo zod ber jah vex ohm sur etc)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I remember back when I ued to play, I would run Travencal, then Mephisto and it would go in that order. The Council Members didn't usually give me anything good but once they dropped an Ohm Rune for me. Sad thing is I let my account expire so it's useless. (I was saving it for a trade)

ImAScatman337

Reaction score
Rushing for forge is stupid now...Who lets others take runes from them, i used to do like 10 rushes a day and only 1-2 people would stay. In the end i had to bribe people and stay id give them a free LOW HOTO if they stayed..Of coarse then i left but thats not the point. No1 wants to give away forge because runes are to valuable these days.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
finding runes

What is the best place other than hellforge to find runes?

I have 475 MF and am a tal set blizz sorc.

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
countess nubhat.

nith and hepheasto (sp?) drop higher runes. also the coucil in act 3 is a good spot.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
But most are cold Immunes. Especially Countess. For now i cant kill them. Not untill the hammerdin gets made.

[Koolaid]

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i donno if its just luck or something but with my 87 hammerdin i cant get a single good rune in each of those places

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Hmm...there's a nice fiscussion about this in Stratregies & Tactics, so time to merge!

It may also depend on your level guys. I think, from experience, that level can determine greater drops in some cxases. For me anyways. :)

-Merged.

[Koolaid]

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
yeah, i heard about that, my friend told me, n e wayz im 87 and i dun get shit :(

seymorebutts

Member!
Reaction score
is it true that if more people are in the game and allied to you, you have a better chance of finding a hr?

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
er, a few posts ealier were incorrect. Countess cannot drop any rune gul or higher. if you want high runes from botting, you should use YAMB's Hephasto script, and make sure you have a merc to tank him because he hits hard. But you shouldn't really bot for runes.. while Heph can drop up to zod it's EXTRAORDINARILY rare that he ever will, you could go an entire night of botting Heph and get maybe a Mal... it's all about luck.

But, if you do decide to bot for runes, go Hephasto. He's usually not immune to anything, either.

Personally if I was in need of hr's I would rush hell instead.. and you don't need to bribe people with items, just tell them you'll do skill and socket quests if they don't bail, that's what I do. I still get about 1/3 of them bailing, but at least some people stay and I don't have to lose a good item if they do!

also always remember, don't grush someone for their forge... the drop will be crap because they are low level. The highest chance for up to Jah on hellforge is if you got a game full of 90+'s. So you know when you start the rush that if the person is a high level you've got a better chance at a good rune.

Also, I did an EXTENSIVE test over a few weeks about hammer repairing. I'll post my data table some other time, it's huge, in my sketchbook right now. My results were that when the levels and amount of players in the game is kept constant, OVERALL, the rune dropped from the forge is higher when the durability under 10 than it is if the durability is a higher number. HOWEVER, it was only a VERY slight difference (an average of 2.44 rune levels) so it's EXTREMELY possible that this was coincidental.

The bottom line is, everything about repairing the hammer is pretty much a myth in my eyes, but if it isn't a myth, then the drop is better if the hammer is NOT repaired.

Reaction score
well the other day i found 4 hi in diablo run lvlin a friend, game was full of like 4 lvl 80+ and 4 lvl 1=60 or so nd i got sur, cham lo and zod. so doin d runs to me are best for hi's droppin, it was a good thing i had my pickit though, or i wouldnt have gotten em. 4rg is still a good way to do it, and about the grush's, you can grush someone then do chos for em and hopefully get a few hi out of it if people join, if not, get friends to come. then you can do their 4rg when they are like lvl 90+ or so.thats what i've been doin for friends i've been gettin like 1 hi rune in hell and mainlu ums in nm., so its not bad pay in the end, if you have a char that can do caos runs.