Rune Hunting

sheldonDawg

Member!
Reaction score
What is a good stratagie for rune hunting...?...I have jhj pinglebot and its aight but i gotta constantly watch over it so that i dont have realm down so what im looking for is a way to get ist and higher..(plus, i havent found any runes yet at pindle at all)...and, i have about 460mf BlizSorc with like 1.5K dmg and full cold mastery

ne suggestions?

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
A sure fire way to get runes is countess and the forge. You are garenteed a rune from each. What lvl rune is all random, but at least you can get them. If you got a good high lvl character do some runs for others, even a norm run will get you another forge rune at least.

vampire-blade

Member!
Reaction score
i completly agree, the countess in the dark tower (hell diff), and rush ppl for the forge (in nm and hell, dont bother with normal, if u do rush em' for free.) but dont be lame and bail out on them after the forge it sux (unless u get crap runes like dol, or amn). In one day i scored 4 um's and 3 puls. Traded those and got an ist. I think its the most sure-fire way of getting runes/pgems, my rune collection has grown tons since I started forge rushing. Whooooo I'm rich!!!! (not really, but atleast i can afford good gear, and with enough rushes, eventually get enigma, and 2 hoto's.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Countess gives you the best chance up to ist, then the summoner is the best for gul-lo, and then hephasto or nihlathak for sur-zod.

Also, the more players in the game, the better your chances of getting a good rune

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
only problem with your "nithakalak theory" is that if you kill him, you cant do pindle (ie. the red portal is gone) so you gotta get the wp... i was done and killed my nithakalak in hell so i cant pindle, but if nith gives good runes then maybe i will try a few and see.

PuNk'D

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Bio.Hazard said:
only problem with your "nithakalak theory" is that if you kill him, you cant do pindle (ie. the red portal is gone) so you gotta get the wp... i was done and killed my nithakalak in hell so i cant pindle, but if nith gives good runes then maybe i will try a few and see.
The reason red portal is gone is because you got the WP.. It dosent matter if you kill him as long as you DO NOT get the WP you can still do pindle and Nihy

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
Full-Torqe said:
Ummm can countess or her minions drop Jahs, Bers, Ohms, Surs or anything like that?
Im pretty sure that Countress can drop up to Lo. And her minions up to Zod ... I could be wrong, But im allmost sure :p

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The chances of her dropping lo is slim to none, and slim just left town...and im pretty sure her minions cant drop anything decent (you're lucky to get an eld off them)

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
I know the chance is small.. But its there :). but about her minions, could I be wrong like i said...
But ... isent Travi a good place to hunt runes? or cows?

Santans Army

Member!
Reaction score
ok the part wit countess i never rly got runes from her i mainly get runes from pindle and choas runs. im supperstious about the summener thing

Reaction score
Her minions can drop pretty high, and I believe countess can drop any runes, becuase she still has her normal drop rate for items, which can be runes.

the best way would be to get 2 cd-keys, and a rusher that can rush normal-nightmare in classic. Then rush a character to hell, then convert to xpac and get the character to forge, get the forge quest (and the forge for nightmare as well) then you don't have to level characters to 20 then 40 to get to hell. and convert to xpac once you get to hell because an xpac chacter would be able to rush better than a classic character.

wreckinball

Member!
Reaction score
ive found my best runes in hell cows

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
it is very unlikely to get very good runes off of forge if you are not a high enough level its like 70+ for anything decent off of hell... you know people are dumb enough to mass level people that are level 1s in order to bring em to hell...

vampire-blade

Member!
Reaction score
i usually get 2-3 pul, and at least 1 um a day doing nm rushes for forge. Time consuming because of noobs bailing out 3/4 of the way through the rush, but in my experience its been most rewarding