Protoss single player missions 7&10 original

NJM

Reaction score
I decided to play the single player missions again, I never beet p#10, and I was wondering how to beet 10 and 7. I stink at 7 I get rever/scout rushed and I can't stop it without losing lots of units, and 10 I just can't beet.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

NJM

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Original? Is mission 7 the one where you have to destroy the Enclave? Or the one where you have to save Tassadar? I can never recall...

As for mission 10, there are actually lots of ways. The Terran part is not that easy, because they keep sending Ultralisks and guardians. But with Siege Tanks to kill the ultralisks (supported, of course, by bunkered marines), and wraiths or BCs to destroy the guardians, you shouldn't have much trouble. The Protoss side should be defended by a decent air army.

All you have to do there is to mass expand, mass collect minerals, mass kill drones and SCVs then mass build Carriers and BCs for comedy option.

NJM

Reaction score
Thanks Tronga, I beat #7. I'm still having trouble with Defilers on #10 though, they just keep plaguing my bunkers and then they all explode! I tried blanketing the area with spider mines but that didn't seem to do much.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I found 10 alot easier than 7. mission 8 is near impoosible. Anyway, if your bunkers are being plagued then you have to repair until the effect wears off. Have SVs spot for your tanks so they get killed before defs get in range to cast it.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
(i don't know this scenario offhand, but this is a general strategy to deal with computer defilers, although i'm not sure what race you are, sounds like P and T) you can put observers/terran air surveilance outside your base (a little ways out) where enemy ground units would come from, and have something like a scout/wraith ready inside the base.. when you see a defiler, send the air unit out, and the defiler will waste its plague energy on your single unit while you kill it.. ground units work too but are generally more inefficient.. terran is better because afterwards you can bring it back and repair it.. if they become too much of a problem, launch an early assult that simply targets defiler mounds until there are no more.. but as i don't know that level offhand, the strategies above may be ineffective without alterations or impossible altogether, i don't know

another obvious strategy would be to have multiple scvs simultaneously repairing each bunker as it's being damaged.. don't know if you can do that either

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
You can beat Protoss #10 one of three ways. Please note that the following is the way I do it, and I've been playing RTS games for a very long time, and are not the right or wrong way of doing it, just ways I've found easiest.

#1 - Terran with Protoss support

For this one start by building a medium to heavy defense at your Protoss base. This would consist of 12 Pylons, 24-36 Cannons, and your DTs to help defend the area, move Tassadar and Zeratul to the back of your base for safty. Start massing Probes and mine your ass off. DONT forget about your Terran base! They will direct 85-90% of their heavy attacks on your Terran base. For your Terran defense you will need 12 bunkers, 6-12 Tanks, 12 SCVs(to keep things healthy), 6 Observers(move them around the Zerg base, duh), 48 Ghosts (or Marines, I go Ghosts because with upgrades they have the same range as Guardians), and throw in some Turrets for added defense. NEVER leave an area open, they will try every way into your base, defense is the key.

Now that you have a solid defense, you must work on your army. This should be made up of 24 Tanks, 12 SCVs, 6-12 Wraiths, Raynor, and 6 Observers. Depending on how well you protected your Terran base will depend on the supply you have, but you should have enough. Now slowly advance your tanks with the air support for Guardians. Make a DIRECT path to the Overmind! You do not need to kill everything, just the overmind. If you do it right, you should beat it no worries.

#2 - Protoss with Terran support

Defend your bases as in #1. This time mass SCVs to mine.

For this one, mass Reavers with Scout (or Wraith) support. Attack the same way you did with the tanks. Easy huh?

#3 - When in need...

Forget #1 and #2 and use the blasted CHEATS! That's why the have them, duh man.

power overwhelming

:p ;) :D Nuff said!

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
the only cheat i ever used when playing broodwar the first time through was radio free zerg.. i don't know if you can use it as zerg on original starcraft or not, if you can i missed out :-/

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
-Azrael666- said:
the only cheat i ever used when playing broodwar the first time through was radio free zerg.. i don't know if you can use it as zerg on original starcraft or not, if you can i missed out :-/
radio free zerg is BW only. I use power overwhelming while I build a nice strong defense, then turn it off when I go at it with my armies. :D Sometimes I don't even bother gathering minerals and just use show me the money!

Latly though, I use Mods for no supply limit, nothing like 120 nukes going off at once! :D

NJM

Reaction score
Thanks guys I'll try beating it without cheats for now but I'll be sure to try out all this wonderful information on some unsuspecting zerg.

Oh by the way Phoenix I noticed you said you thought #7 was hard, I found a way to beat it in 4 minuets without cheats! All you have to do is bring your guys (the ones under attack) back into your bass as you normally do, but bring your DT's and Zerituel to the bottom left corner of the map. There is a spot in the wall you can get through, there's just one observer which you will have to walk past while your DT's take some hits but once past that you can go strait for the Nexus and win!

Any way, thanks again for the help.

NJM

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, I know about the dt method. I was talking about beating it another way. How did you find mission 8(Trial of Tassasdar)? That one's a bitch. Once I get past that mission, it's pretty much smooth sailing.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Man... I remember how difficult the missions were when I first started playing Starcraft. Now I can't believe how easy they are, nor how I ever had any trouble with them whatsoever. The game needs difficulty levels.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Who needs difficulty levels when they ahve cheat codes.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Master_America said:
Man... I remember how difficult the missions were when I first started playing Starcraft. Now I can't believe how easy they are, nor how I ever had any trouble with them whatsoever. The game needs difficulty levels.
Yeah, I agree :D

It was really hard when I first played. I thought that the last one of the zerg was simply impossible (in BW). Now I beat it in less than half an hour, and that's because it is a big map :p

Problem with computer is that it is quite predictable.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
NJM said:
Thanks Tronga, I beat #7. I'm still having trouble with Defilers on #10 though, they just keep plaguing my bunkers and then they all explode! I tried blanketing the area with spider mines but that didn't seem to do much.
10 is easy when you have strong melee type units to counter things inside the defiler's Dark Swarm. However, Terran side will have a problem with it. If you have units inside the swarm, move far away from it so the Zerg melee can take damage. It will make missile attacks miss, but not melee attacks from Zealots or spells from High Templars. Tanks can help you wipe out Sunken Colonies without losing lives. But you need to fix them if they take damage or get Plagued.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I work my way around the perimeter to combine my forces...usually in the original Terran base. Then I pretty much tank push with goons supporting them.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Best Solution is to penetrate one end with your units. Try killing the hatcheries you see, to keep the Zerg from sending annoying singles and units at you! BE warned, some sunkens have burrowed zerg near them. Use Scanner Sweep before attacking them, you can kill them while they are still in the ground.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
not pratically but on mission 10 but if you were able to mc a drone and use it?
now that's a war :D

ChrisH36

Reaction score
A War of Attrition using zerglings and hydralisks, and WHERE IN BLOODY HELL WERE YOU? I missed you soooo bad :), welcome back man!