Planet X?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
In the lecture all you here is blah blah blah blah..... But here it is different.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Smash, would you be my physics teacher? :D (JOKING!)

- Amantis

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
I've checked out about 20 sites trying to find out an estimate of the size of Planet X. I haven't had much luck though. Can anyone help me on that?

If my theory about Planet X revolving around 2 stars then I'm thinking it wouldn't be much of an oval shape. It might actually revolve in an figure 8 type way. The reason I think this is because, when Planet X comes in to the Sun's gravity it comes around and slings it further than usual (this is why I want to know the size). Planet X wouldn't just move in a strait line towards the next star. The Sun would try to pull it back, causing it to move to the left (or right). But by that time it leaves the Sun's gravity still heading slighty left (or right). As most people know, in space there is no air resistance or gravity, therefore it would move at a constant speed in the same direction. When it gets close enough to the next star it pulls from the opposite side of the Sun. Therefore making a figure 8 orbit.

It would help alot if I knew an estimated size, the size would play a huge role in the distance Planet X goes.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Hmm...size...how about considering this:

If Planet X really is a planet, would there be satellites (i.e. moons) revolving around it? If so, how many? (The bigger the planets are, the more satellites.)

Perhaps this question can lead to a clearer answer.

- Amantis

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Einstein couldn't have said it better.

SmashBros.Pro

Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Originally posted by Amantis

If Planet X really is a planet, would there be satellites (i.e. moons) revolving around it? If so, how many? (The bigger the planets are, the more satellites.)

- Amantis

I searched and didn't find anything. But thanks for that info though.

Something else I thought of was that Planet X may be a break-off from another planet. Like they think Pluto is. Or it could be possible that an asteroid somehow broke loose from the Asteroid Belt and hit Earth (contributing to dinosaur deaths). But instead of just hitting the Earth and making a crater, it hit it at an angle causing to do it's damage and keep on moving. When it bounced it started heading towards the Sun at extreme speeds, which also could prove my theory about it's figure 8 shape (instead of size it could have something to do with speed by coming so close to the Sun). Then it slung it out going into the figure 8 shape I said during my previous post.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
If the sun suddenly exploded, nobody would know about it for eight minutes. did you know that?

SmashBros.Pro

Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Originally posted by RyanXWing
If the sun suddenly exploded, nobody would know about it for eight minutes. did you know that?
Yup, I learned that in the 8th grade :D. Did you know if the closest star to us, besides the Sun, exploded nobody wouldn't see it during this lifetime? I can't remember the estimate of time though, I just know it was alot.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
How about 'millions' rather than 'thousands'?

- Amantis

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
How about billions instead of millions.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Originally posted by SmashBros.Pro
Yup, I learned that in the 8th grade :D. Did you know if the closest star to us, besides the Sun, exploded nobody wouldn't see it during this lifetime? I can't remember the estimate of time though, I just know it was alot.
I am afraid that is not true.

The closest star to the solar sistem is alpha centaury. Which is aat about 4 light-years away from us. That means that, if it exploded, we would only know that 4 years later.

And another thing, do not exagreate the size of the galaxy, it has only about 100.000 light year of diameter, if I'm not mistaken.

Now, for that 8 like orbit. That needs the star to have the same size, wich is unlikey possible, would be needed luck to do it. I mean, the most commons type of stars are binariums, the Sun it self was lucky, but usually there is a bigger and a smaller. I may be mistaken, I didn't searched for it.

I'd say that the smaller star rotates around the other, but that one has also influence on the bigger one, which makes it have a small translation movement.

So, I wouldn't say that the planet would have an 8 orbit, it would have an excentric and perhaps irregular orbit. If you want to see how it should look like, make a scheme of a big ball, another smaller ball, and a litlle dot. Study all the forces in the system, and you should have the orbit.

Originally posted by Amantis

- Amantis
Not true as well. Look at the facts:

Mars has 2 moons. its smaller than Earth.

Jupiter has 15-16 satellites. Saturn is smaller and has 18 moons, besides those huge rings.

I wouldn't say the size matters, I would say the zone where it was created does matter. Saturn was perhaps created in a area full of gas (which made the planet) and ice, rocks, dust as well (wich created the moons and the satelite).

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Both Saturn *and* Jupiter are made of gas. The rocky planets are from Mercury to Mars (inclusive). And I disagree that Mars is smaller than Earth. I'm just wondering where you got that from TrongaMonga...

- Amantis

goko ms

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Jupiter is just a wanna be star it as all the propertys of a star but it didnt get big enought to set off a fussion explosion to become a star. saturn i dont know?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
read any astronomy book, any enciclopedy, mars is smaller than Earth. That is what I have always read.

That is true with Jupiter, if it had 20 times more mass it would be a star.

Saturn I think the xplanation is the one I gave

Mars:

diameter: 6,794 km
mass: 6.4219e23 kg

Earth:

diameter: 12,756.3 km
mass: 5.972e24 kg

its almoust double of diameter

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Wow! You guys really put an effort in this one huh. Too bad I haven't got the time to research but I heard that there is another planet in the solar system beyond pluto. The 10th planet. Is this true?

SmashBros.Pro

Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Originally posted by Maverick
Wow! You guys really put an effort in this one huh. Too bad I haven't got the time to research but I heard that there is another planet in the solar system beyond pluto. The 10th planet. Is this true?
Lol, not trying to sound like a smart ass, but thats the planet I'm talking about. The tenth planet (Planet X) hasn't been proven to exist yet. The reason for the name Planet X is because X is the roman numeral for 10. So basically it's Planet 10.

I'm seriously not trying to sound like a smart ass, but I didn't know of any other way to put it.

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
But what I mean is the planet next to pluto not between Mars and Jupiter. Let's just say the 11th planet.

SmashBros.Pro

Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Originally posted by Maverick
But what I mean is the planet next to pluto not between Mars and Jupiter. Let's just say the 11th planet.
I'm also talking about a planet that orbits around Pluto, well not exactly around Pluto, but close enough (by what I think).

goko ms

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
let just say one thing IT WENT BOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!! there its gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.