Planet X?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
I have to do a report on Planet X and I also have to develope my own theory about anything based on Planet X. So far I haven't gotten much, except some stuff off from other sites and I decided to do my theory on its orbit.

So far I only have 1 theory:

1. Planet X revolves around 2 stars, the Sun and the closest start to it. People say that it just comes extremly colse to the Sun and the gravity throws it back out, but the distances their thinking of is trillions of miles past Pluto. I don't think that the Sun's gravity is strong enough to bring it back after slinging it so far out.

Also they said Planet X once had a collision with Earth, which I don't think is true either, because Planet X moving into the Solar System would throw everything out of orbit. So I'm guessing that it revolves a good distance away from Pluto in a more oval shaped pattern.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
There's been another theory recently about a possible 10th planet in the solar system but no solid proof yet. As to the 'collision with Earth' theory, I have high doubts about that too. I do believe that you've got the point there.

- Amantis

SmashBros.Pro

Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
I just thought of something else...

Everyone has their own belief in how dinosaurs died, and mine is that a massive volcano or something erupted causing a huge cloud of smoke that froze everything. Think about my dinosaur theory though, the freeze killed all plants, so the plant eaters died out and the freeze also killed dinosaurs that lived in the ocean. With the plant eaters with nothing to eat, they died so the meat eaters had to kill each other til there where none left and the freeze probally killed some of them too. This could also have something to do with the continental drift, with the massive volcano there were massive earthquaks that could have split them and the massive volcano is also what I think caused the Ring of Fire.

But on-topic Planet X colliding with Earth could have been another reason, but I still son't think it was possible...

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
WTF is planet X?

Nothing is going to collide with earth, except maybe a meteor.

The dinos died because of a huge meteor that broke tthe world apart making living conditions unstable.

Ghetto_Rap_Masta

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by pan_the_man
WTF is planet X?

The dinos died because of a huge meteor that broke tthe world apart making living conditions unstable.
hes right you know. Planet X is just some BS planet made up by some astronomer-wannabe crackpot

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
'Crackpot'? Doubt that. Planet X is still a new theory and unconfirmed yet.

- Amantis

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Amantis
'Crackpot'? Doubt that. Planet X is still a new theory and unconfirmed yet.

- Amantis
I'll repeat WTF is this crackpot new theory? I don't get out much you know...

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
Ghetto you calling the Sumerians crackpots you're calling a ancient yet very developed civilization crackpots they were some of the astronomers?

see I think Pluto was made from a collison with another planet, Planet x would seem a good enough estimate for me without without taking up learning bout it. btw I thinlk the dinosaurs died because they somehow made nuclear weapons and destroyed each othe

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
There's absolutely no need to get mad about theories.

My resources came from the space museum from where I'm staying at. From the way you're putting things, it's as though you're accusing Galileo for discovering Saturn, Neptune and Uranus. These 'crackpots' are exactly in the same situation as he was, except without the 'witchcraft' nonsense.

- Amantis

PS> Nuclear weapons?

Reaction score
Website
www.cold-xero.com
Originally posted by SmashBros.Pro
I just thought of something else...

Everyone has their own belief in how dinosaurs died, and mine is that a massive volcano or something erupted causing a huge cloud of smoke that froze everything. Think about my dinosaur theory though, the freeze killed all plants, so the plant eaters died out and the freeze also killed dinosaurs that lived in the ocean. With the plant eaters with nothing to eat, they died so the meat eaters had to kill each other til there where none left and the freeze probally killed some of them too. This could also have something to do with the continental drift, with the massive volcano there were massive earthquaks that could have split them and the massive volcano is also what I think caused the Ring of Fire.
who even said dinosaurs really existed?

SmashBros.Pro

Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Originally posted by B)ushid(o
See I think Pluto was made from a collison with another planet, Planet x would seem a good enough estimate for me without without taking up learning bout it. btw I thinlk the dinosaurs died because they somehow made nuclear weapons and destroyed each othe
I read on some site that scientist think that Pluto is actually a break-off from Neptune (or Uranus, not sure). They think it was a meteor or something that clipped it and broke off piece.

I never thought of Nuclear Weapons having anything to do with dinosaurs going extinct :). And it truely could be possible because for all we know dinosaurs could have been smarter than us. My theory is that one day the dinosaurs were doing their studies on time trave so they sent the chief, Godzilla, to the future to check stuff out. When Godzilla got here he noticed that huge buildings and stuff where advanced and he thought we were a threat to his colony so he went berserk and just destroyed stuff without thinking :D.

Originally posted by pan_the_man
WTF is planet X?

Nothing probally won't colide with Earth in our life-time, but if you check out some of the stuff on Planet X then you would know that it would take millions of years (from what some guy said) just to make a complete orbit. And this is also why I think Planet X revolves around 2 stars, because the closest star to us isn't very close, it would take thousands of years just for the light from the closet star to reach planet Earth.

Originally posted by adidassoccer
who even said dinosaurs really existed?
You have a good point, but they have found fossils and stuff which they can get accurate measurements of the date they were made. But still, with technology people could have been making fossils and doing so weird freaky scientist stuff to them to make them seem older than they really are.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Are you an astro-physics student SmashBros.Pro? You seem to be very clear about the theories. Even I couldn't explain it in my own words! :D

- Amantis

goko ms

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oooo i know what he is talking about. it a super star and a massive black hole just million mile away the black hole pulls in gas and flame from the star making it look like a planet or another star moving around each other.

how i know i know all

discovery channel

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I have another theory:

Planet X was somewhere between Mars and Jupiter. Somehow, due to, maybe, a really big asteroid, or it was not weell formed, he blowed into pieces, forming what is now the Great Asteroid Belt (I dont know how u call it) between Mars and Jupiter.

Or:

As bushido said, Planet X could be a planet orbiting around the Sun. It, somehow, splited on two, and formed what is now Pluto and Caronte (Pluto's moon). Carontes is almost as big as Pluto.

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Great theory Tronga but I think I have read that theory somewhere I just can't remember.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I didn't said I made it, I said I had it. So what's the point of saying that?

i mean, the first one I read it somewhere, the second one I made it up, but I must not have been the first to do it.

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
It's okay. Don't get uneasy on me. I think your an intelligent fellow.

SmashBros.Pro

Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Originally posted by Amantis
Are you an astro-physics student SmashBros.Pro? You seem to be very clear about the theories. Even I couldn't explain it in my own words! :D

- Amantis
Maybe I should be an astro-physics student, but computers interest me alot more, although astronomy does catch my eye. Maybe I'll be the inventor of computers that studies stars in other galaxies one day :D. I hope I can find a career in both though...

Originally posted by hunter_killer
smash, can i steal your theories for my own profit? lol :D

Your theroies are pretty good... They maybe true...
This is a first, someone actually wants my therories :). It don't bother me if you want to steal them. I spend most of my time trying to explain stuff anyway so I'll have alot more come to mind :).

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Hehehe, I'm sure you would do a terrific job in both careers. I was an astro-physics student myself but the theories you've got here really interest me more than the physics class in general.

Go ahead and speak those theories! :)

- Amantis

Status
Not open for further replies.