Planet X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Website
www.cold-xero.com
Heh Renzo, no offense or anything but i feel i must correct you. The temperature on Mars can get ut to 250 degrees. what we need is not make it warmer, but oxygenate it. a "pollution machine" would do nothing seeing how Mars' atmosphere is 95% Carbon Dioxide. what we need is to plant wildlife there and make the atmosphere breathable. Actually "Mission To Mars" was a good movie relating to this but that wasnt the real storyline. It was actually about aliens.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Renzo, that question needs much calculations to be answered.

There are many variables in there. I mean, just the fact that Jupiter exists is enough to have us atracted to them, and not being so close to the sun. Therefore, life exists. There might have been no life, but then again, Jupiter is more away than the Sun, and the Sun is way heavier than Jupiter.

So, I really can't answer that question.

Reaction score
Website
www.cold-xero.com
Tronga, did Skuzzy edit your sig? sorry i just noticed. but anyway, we are off topic. back to the 10th planet. In my opinion the planet size cannot be larger than pluto. if you look closely you may notice the size of the planet moves from ascending to descending order with the exception of mars. this is speculated to be because the origin of Mars may have been from the asteriod belt between it and jupiter, and because its mass is so large it drifted closer to the sun. if that was the case and the planet "x" was actually a planet then it would most likely be smaller than pluto which is 1/400 the size of earth.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
1/400? dont u mean 1/4?

It is not that small.

And I think that that thoery of the sizes of the planet may be right, I mean, near the star, the dust that formed the planets was almost all sucked up by the Sun, and there it goes. until it gets on Jupiter. From there on, the dust was getting more rare, therefore having the planets getting smaller.

Reaction score
Website
www.cold-xero.com
Sorry for being so vague. what i meant was that pluto is 1/400 the mass of earth. thank you for noticing. and as mention earlier, i would like to correct the discussion about the core and masses of jupiter compared to saturn. saturns core and mass is actually less than that of jupiters. and actually its considerably less. therfore that cannot be an explaination for the rings and moons.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe. Well, I guess the xplanation is that there was lots of dust nearby Saturn area, and its gravity made up the moons and the rings.

You know what? I will speak, from now on, another names of the planets.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
i heard that its the planet that pluto rotates around...just my opinion.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
Renzo, that question needs much calculations to be answered.

There are many variables in there. I mean, just the fact that Jupiter exists is enough to have us atracted to them, and not being so close to the sun. Therefore, life exists. There might have been no life, but then again, Jupiter is more away than the Sun, and the Sun is way heavier than Jupiter.

So, I really can't answer that question.
Put it this way. For the past, lets say, bajillion years (exaggeration), jupiter's gravity has been pulling in countless amounts of asteriods that may've been heading around Earth. In theory, without Jupiter, Earth may still be a crater-filled ash land.

Originally posted by adidassoccer
Heh Renzo, no offense or anything but i feel i must correct you. The temperature on Mars can get ut to 250 degrees. what we need is not make it warmer, but oxygenate it. a "pollution machine" would do nothing seeing how Mars' atmosphere is 95% Carbon Dioxide. what we need is to plant wildlife there and make the atmosphere breathable.
How can it hit 250 degrees? It is furthur away from the sun than our Earth? I see no logic in that.

Originally posted by adidassoccer
Actually "Mission To Mars" was a good movie relating to this but that wasnt the real storyline. It was actually about aliens.
I thought that was a terrible movie. The aliens were so stereotypical and the storyline was, well, boring.

Reaction score
Website
www.cold-xero.com
Well im sorry you didnt like it. It is one of my favorite movies. But anyway, yes it does get up to 250 degrees. this is easily possible for several reasons. one is Mars' atmosphere as i mentioned is composed mostly of carbon dioxide. second, the fact that Mars has an atmosphere, that can contian and trap this heat. not only does it get that hot in the day, but it gets well below zero degrees at night.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I can't believe it has 95% carbon dioxide. Because i saw on a documentary, and it didn't have 95% carbon dioxide. Im sure of it. Unless you are exaggerating.

DarkRider

Xbox Junkie
Reaction score
Yes...... that sounds logical........ well to me it did. Anyways, i think Planet X would definately be real, just i dont think it hit the sun....... if it did, then we would not be around right now would we? Well, thats my opinion.

This Is Spammage.

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
What would the Earth be like without Jupiter? People will live as they are but without the knowledge of the word Jupiter being a planet.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
lol in ur dreams. Its not that simples. and, as a matter of fact, Jupiter is the Roman name for Zeus, the God of the Gods.

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
That's what I mean. People still would know about Jupiter the greek god but as a planet they will never know a thing about it coz it will never exist.

Reaction score
Website
www.cold-xero.com
well it depends on they way you interpret the situation. if you said what would happen if we all of a sudden removed jupiter from the solar system then yes it would have dramatic results, but if you interpret the question as, "what if jupiter never existed ?" then thats a completely different situation. there may still be dramtic changes as well though its hard to tell what it would be like in that situation.

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Yeah it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.