Pinacle of The Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
One day after the Fall of the Golden King. Everyone has recovered Physically, but some hold emotional scars deep within themselves.

*The group slowly walks through the Kortuganorian Empire, the guards even salute you. All the shops are open and willing to sell. While some shops hold the normal everyday things, others have some... technological hardware.*

May: If any of you choose to buy anything technological, test it out first, make sure your magic doesn't interfere with it, and vice versa. Once you are all prepared to leave, meet me at the front gates of the Capital. Once we leave this city, the real campaign begins. We must travel into the bowels of Rurika and force this treay upon their King. We already know they have some impressive opperative among the ranks of the Elite Black Guard. I suspect in the time we have been waging war against the Kortuganorians, they have developed far more dangerous ways of ripping us limb from limb.

*Three soldiers walk up to May, they seem almost like the Red Guard they had encountered earlier, save their smoother features and slightly shorter stature.*

Soldier 1: It is the Will of our fallen King that you have this.

*Each presents her with a piece of an ornate golden armor. Etchings across it depict angelic warriors slaying warriors of evil and destroying undead. The armor seems to be more cloth than actual metal, but still has extreme strength and durability. The pieces she recieves consist of a helm, breastplate, wing guards, greaves, and gauntlets.*

Soldier 2: Also we have been ordered into your service.

May: I cannot accept these things, nor can I accept your service.

Soldier 3: Refuse us you may, but bar us from accompaning you, you cannot.

*The three swing their swords above their heads and sheath them in a magnificent display.*

All 3: The Pronouncement of Three Deaths as One! [they will follow May until their true death]

May: Fine, whatever...as for the rest of you, go about your business

The Last leg of your journey has begun. How many of you will survive? How many of you will want to survive? How many will want you to survive?

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu looks at May, knowing that the damage has been great for everyone. He bows to her before departing, showing that he is available to talk. Aphra follows him, knowing his heart weeps. She keeps her head down, not wanting to disturb his thoughts. Ryu smiles, understanding what she feels. I know she and Tsukin`asu are like sisters. I must keep my spirit up so she isn't so...

Aphra: Ryu... You aren't protecting your thoughts.
Ryu: I'm sorry. We'll save her. I promise William will suffer!
Aphra: Ryu! Remember that Tiamat is also your ancestor, as he is Darz's.
Ryu: *eyes go wide* Yes, I'm sorry. *sigh* I shouldn't let it get to me.
Aphra: Let's see about some shopping.

Ryu and Aphra see a tech shop and walk in. Ryu eyes a few articles and ponders. Aphra walks up to the counter behind Ryu as he begins to coverse with the shop keeper.

Ryu: I'd like to test this before I buy it, if you don't mind.
Shop Keeper: I don't mind.

The shop keeper leads Ryu to a little private range. Aphra follows, and Ryu stops the shop keeper from protesting. Ryu takes the first item and tries to enhance it with his own powers and elements. However, it becomes absorbed into his body.

Ryu: What?!
Shop Keeper: Hey! I won't stand for theives!
Ryu: Hmm? I see. I will pay you only for weapons that do that.
Shop Keeper: What?! How much?!
Ryu: Hmm? I'll give you the cost plus 25%.
Shop Keeper: Sounds like a deal!

The shop keeper runs back into his shop to start gathering various weapons. Ryu and Aphra follow, walking, behind. Ryu watches the shop keeper's enthusiasm. He soon sees a pile of weapons before him, about fifty. Ryu begins to pick up weapons, and, slowly, he finds out what weapons are "compatible". He soon has abosorbed about thirty of the weapons he was given.

Ryu: Okay. How much is that?
Shop Keeper: *wide eyed* At 25% extra? It comes to 12 plantinum.
Ryu: *handing it to him* He's an extra 500 gold.
Aphra: I'm not interested in these weapons.
Shop Keeper: I didn't think an elf would. What are you traveling with him for?
Ryu: It's none of your business, but she's my half-sister. Come, Aphra, it's time to leave.

The shop keeper watches them leave as he looks over his profit. He had been honest with Ryu, which surprised him, but he liked the feel of 12 plantinum and 500 gold in hand, a nice profit.

Aphra: Perhaps we could look into something for me?
Ryu: *smiling* I was thinking a nice tiarra would look nice.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*May sits quietly in the square for a few moment, staring at the golden armor. The soldiers standing close-by, scanning the crowd for any would be assassins or foes. May's Gem glows and begins to float before her. She stares at the soldiers for a few moments and realizes they look exactly the same. After about an hour, she speaks up.*

May: Why won't you three just go away?

Soldier 1: We have been ordered to follow you until our death.

May: Can't i just override that command and tell you to go away?

Soldier 2: No Ma'am. We will take only a set limit of orders from you. It was specified clearly in his Will.

May: Well if you're going to be staying can't you at least tell me your names?

Soldier 3: We have no names. We are what you command us to be. If you feel we need

Soldier 1: names, then so be it. Collectively you may call

Soldier 2: us Pheonix. But apart we have no name.

All 3: We are yours to command.

May: Well, how the hell am i supposed to tell you 3 apart?

Soldier 1: That is

Soldier 2: up to you.

May: So if I give you names you will respond to them

All 3: Yes ma'am!

May: Hmm, well then lets see...collectively you are "Pheonix," but seperately you are nothing. Well I can't just call you one, two, and three. How about Crack, Burn and Ashes.

All 3: Very well. Orders recieved! Names Given!

May: God, just shut up.

All 3: Yes Ma'am!

*She goes back to thinking for a short while. After about a half hour she stands up and flies away. Crack stares at her for a moment before all three jump up onto the rooftops and chase after her. She tries her hardest to get away from her new mini army, but its no use.*

Pheonix: Please come down, you are vulnerable in the air. The Rurikans have spies everywhere.

May: God, Shut the hell up!

Pheonix: Yes ma'am!

*She finally gives up trying to escape them and lands back in the square where she started. Pheonix comes running up to her.*

May: Don't you guys ever get tired?

Pheonix: Never ma'am! We are given the endurance of ten men!

May: So what are you exactly?

Pheonix: We are your guards!

May: Thats not what I meant, I mean you're obviously not human.

Pheonix: We are your guards!

May: But...bah, nevermind. One of you go get me something to drink.

Crack: Yes Ma'am!

*As he runs off May loses herself in thought once again, her Gem glowing brightly, pulsating from time to time.*

May: I just don't think I have what it takes...

Burn: Is there something you require?

May: Oh god...*mumbling* what an idiot...

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lina walked into the shop that Ryu exited. She approaches the shop keeper.

Lina: Do you have any good gloves?
Shopkeeper: I believe that I do.

The shopkeeper presented her with a pair of leather gloves.

Lina: Hmm......I will take it. My price: 400 gold coins.
Shopkeeper: Yes, ma'am!
Lina: Do you know what it does?
Shopekeeper: No...no-one knows what it does.....
Lina: Fine then.

Lina hands over 400 gold coins to the shopkeeper. He grins, thnking that he had made a good deal. Lina then puts on the gloves.

Lina: I see....

THe gloves glow brightly. Lina touches her boots, which were in a bad condition. As she touches it, the boots repair themselves instantly.

Lina:...these are the rare gloves Fascia had made. I believe that this is only for worthy warriors....indeed, these cost about 30000 platnium pieces. These are more advanced than the elves's equipment....thanks.

The shopkeeper is quite angry. Lina exits the shop.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*Mays sits for a while, drinking whatever the hell it was that Crack brought her, which wasn't all that bad. Her thoughts dwell on all that had happened to her in the last month. Her thoughts then turn to her son and the message she recieved from Argus.*

(convo. in May's head)
May: *sigh* Where could Castus have gotten to?
Trias: I know nearly nothing about him, could you tell me a bit?
May: Well, first off, even though hes never shown it to me, I know in my heart that he hates you.
Trias: I can understand why. Where do you think he is now?
May: Well I don't know. remember that letter I recieved the other day? It was from the one that was caring for Castus, Some guy named Argus.
Trias: Wait, Argus? Did you happen to learn this mans last name?
May: No, but I'm sure it began with an "N."
Trias: Well I'll be damned, uh, wait no, scratch that. Argus Nusradai caring for my son?
May: What? Do you know him?
Trias: Well, in all honesty, hes Castus's Grandfather.
May: That would explain a great deal of things.
Trias: Well, what did he say in the letter?
May: Just normal things. You know, Castus has grown to over 10' tall, hes run away, hes healthy, you know, normal stuff.
Trias: wait, hes over 10' and hes run away?
May: Yeah, he left Argus to come and find us.
Trias: Just as long as he doesn't kill anybody, I'm fine with it.

**meanwhile Castus is off killing things**

*May looks up at Pheonix*

May: well then, I guess its time for us to go now. Could you maybe put those swords away?

Pheonix: Yes ma'am!

*Each of the three throw their blades into the air and catch them within a sheath on their left arms. The blades and sheath seem to split at the center and retract into their arms, all the while making quiet clicking noises. They walk towards the front gate, May in front, Pheonix on each side and behind her.*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Meanwhile, Ryu and Aphra are in another shop. Aphra spots an unusually ornate tiarra. She walks up to it and, hesitantly, touches it. The shop keeper looks at her, and feels a little angry that a customer who hasn't bought anything yet is touching his wares. He, however, has an unusual fright of Ryu, who seems to be a silent protector. When Aphra puts the tiarra on, Ryu turns to the man.

Ryu: How much?
Shop Keeper: I can't let that go for less than...
Ryu: *shoving a bag into the shop keepers hand* Here.
Shop Keeper: *looking in the bag* This! This is more than enough! I must...
Ryu: Let us take a few more items. *psyonically to Aphra* Good find.
Aphra: *psyonically* Yes. *aloud; elvish* This will also do.
Shop Keeper: I have never heard that dialect of elvish...
Ryu: That is because it belongs to the High Elves. *elvish* What else do you want?
Aphra: *elvish* These rings will do nicely.
Ryu: We'll also take those rings. How much?
Shop Keeper: You've already paid for them! *pause* And much more!
Ryu: *looking at the shop keeper* Good. *elvish* Take what you want.

When they walk out, Aphra is wearing the Tiarra, Rings, and Amulet she had just picked out. They are a set, and Ryu and Aphra are discussing the find in their minds. They know that that set of jewelry were made by the same dwarven and elvish team who crafted her mace. They all seem to resonate together, but in a glow only elvish eyes can see (Ryu and Aphra right now). It is a bluish hue.

*Psyonic Conversation*
Ryu: How did they end up here?
Aphra: The caravan that was to bring them to our village was ambushed. We only recieved my mace.
Ryu: What are they meant to do?
Aphra: I don't know. I have heard that they are supposed to aid my body in healing faster.
Ryu: You also seem more...resiliant.
Aphra: I know. I feel as if this area's climate bothers me less than it did when we arrived.
Ryu: Yes. It is far warmer than our forest home. *looking toward where May is* It's time.

*Aloud once again*
Aphra: *looking at her brother* Then we must go.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*May sits quietly on a glowing fountain near the gates, waiting for the others. Pheonix stands guard and dispatch any beggars or peddlers that come up to her. She turns over the Golden helm in her hands, studying the designs and epic scenes depicted upon it. Ashes turns and stares at her for a moment before Burn speaks up.*

Burn: Subjects approaching
Crack: from the west
Ashes: at a brisk pace.

Pheonix: Should we assume a defensive stance?

May: God, just sit down and shut up, its only Ryu and Aphra. Hell, you couldn't defend me against Ryu is you tried, if he held any malice towards me. *seeing the look on Pheonix's faces she quickly adds* Which he does not.

*Pheonix had been slowly reaching for their weapons on their left arm, but are now slowly lowering their hands away.*

Pheonix: We await your orders!
May: Just stand there silently, what do you not get about SILENTLY?!?!

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu: I see they haven't left yet.
May: No! They are annoying little mechs; I think. Their orders are to stay with me and defend me!
Ryu: Heh! They might get in your way more than anything.
May: Don't I know it... Aphra... You've never worn jewelry before.
Aphra: These were designed for me and stolen from the caravan.
May: I see. Have you seen the others?
Ryu: I saw Lina enter the tech shop after I did.
May: Okay. I want to move out soon. Mind telling everybody?
Ryu: Sure. *psyonically to group* We've got our new orders. Come to the town gate. *aloud to May* It's done. We should see them soon; they aren't too far away.
May: Thank you.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: since when does D.F.I. have 666 posts?

BOT:
*As the others slowly arrive, May continues to sit, staring at the Helm. Once everyone has arrived she dons the helm, which melds into her skull and disappears. She pulls out both swords before her, the Holy Avenger and Animus Caritas*

May: The time has come to turn our attention to the west. While we were making our assault upon Kortuganor, the Rurikan Necromancers unleashed a new power unto the battlefield. I have been waiting for a messenger from Kivicks for more details, but he has not yet arrived.

*a deafening scream is heard outside the city walls, the group goes to investigate. The sight they see is just plain nasty. Blood and entrails cover the gate as a huge hulking creature runs off.*

May (calling to guard on watch): What happened?!?

Guard: I...I....I...It ripped him to shreds! *faints and falls off the wall. May catches him just before he hits the ground*

May: Dammit! *She goes and explores the largest chunk of whats left* Yep, definately a Kivicks intelligence officer. *she looks around and finds a hand in tact and still twitching slightly.* Looks like he's got a note.

Note: Urgent!
Battlefield Update:
The Rurikans have unleashed a new horror onto the battlefield. It seems to pop up from nowhere, right in the middle of our ranks of militia and rips them apart. This creature appears as a tarrasque, but it is obviously undead by the stench it carries and its cold, lifeless eyes. *the rest of the note is too covered in blood to read, but at the end it shows a diagram, which is mostly covered up, and it's labeled Apocalypse Walker MK II*

May: Looks like we've got ourselves some undead to get rid of. If you need any more time to prepare, you have 30 minutes, then we're going to the small village of Trand. Its inhabitants are few, under a dozen or so, but it will be the best stop off point to begin an assault against the Rurikan Outposts. DISMISSED! *to self* now to find that damn scribe...

*She rises off the ground and flies back to the Golden Hall*

May: I'll be back in 25 minutes!

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
OOC: Where is everyone?
BOT:
[color=royal blue]
Ryu: Well... Things just got a whole lot more interesting.
Aphra: I'm worried.
Ryu: *looking to the west suddenly* What?!
Aphra: What is it?
Ryu: I...I can sense her...
Aphra: Tsukin`asu?
Ryu: Yes...
Aphra: *shocked expression* Ryu! Your arm!
Ryu: *looking at a sword forming* I see... Looks like this skill will respond to emotions.
Aphra: You need to be careful.
Ryu: I agree. *sitting himself* I think this will get hard.

Ryu thinks of something as he is sitting there. He pulls out his bag and shuffles through it (the small one with infinite space). He pulls out a small scrap of skin. The symbol of torment... TYSOn gave this to me. I wonder if I will have to call upon his strength for this one... He quickly puts it away and ties the bag to his side before anyone can investigate.

Ryu: We're going to have to be even more careful on this mission. William, Giles, and, especially, Darz are waiting for us! *fist clenched* And I will save Tsukin`asu![/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*After exactly 25 minutes, May returns*

May: God Damn Scribes! They all either look the same, or say they have no knowledge of these idiots.
Pheonix: Something you need ma'am?

May: God no! Just get the hell away!

Pheonix: We cannot do that ma'am.

May: I know, but could you at least stand a bit farther away from me?

Pheonix: As you command. *they step away 5 centimeters*

May: God...whatever, just staye there until we leave. Now, as for the rest of you, prepare your weapons, we're going in blades blazing! Ryu, if you'll do the honors, Rurikan outpost #12 near the ruins of Boscha.

*She draws both her swords, holding them down and off to the side at a 45 degree angle. They both begin to flicker with flames, one a brilliant red, the other a royal blue.*

Kaldaris

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
*The dead body of the messanger wriggles up in to air, spaz's a few times, and explodes, spewing chunks of gore and blood everywhere.*

*As you clear your eyes, you see a blue-tinted Undead Elf with a long dark green flowing cape behind him appear where the corpse was*

???: Ahh yes, such a more effective mode of transportation.

*The Elf looks at the gore scattered around*

???: Not exactly the cleanest however.

:EDIT:
An image of a Tarrasque, to compare. Take a good look at him, he is one of the strongest monsters ever to grace fantasy.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Aphra: Disgusting...
Ryu: Mind your manners, sister.
Aphra: Sorry, brother.
???: My, my, my. You don't like the undead?
Ryu: Most High Elves do not. Excuse her...frankness.
???: I guess it would happen. Quite disgusting way to transport, quite disgusting.
Ryu: *opening a portal* Well, I'm ready.
Aphra: *collects her thoughts* I'll go through with you Ryu.
Ryu: Very well. I'd like to hear the strangers name, however. I can keep this open for a bit.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: and an Apocalypse Walker could kick its ass

BOT:
*May looks towards the walls as the guards raise the alarm and begin firing crossbows and throwing things at the undead elf that has appeared. When she sees the "elf" for the first time she calls to the guards "Cease fire!" The "elf" took several hits in the comotion. He staggers over to May.*

May: Dammit man, What the hell do you think you were doing?

Kaldaris

Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
???: Well gee, I thought an easier teleport could be used, apparently you people have something against exploding corpses.

*pulls out several crossbow quarrels as he speaks*

???: Nasy little buggers they are. Enchanted I'll bet.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu: I wouldn't doubt it.
Aphra: Brother, I have a quick question.
Ryu: Yes?
Aphra: Where does that portal lead to, exactly?
Ryu: To a save, secluded spot. I'm keeping a psyonic check on it.
May: I suppose we should be moving.

She looks to the rest of the group. Lina, Tidus, Cloud, etc (I can't remember all you guys!) all shake their heads in readiness. Ryu looks to his portal and prepares it before looking to the undead elf.

Ryu: Hmm? Are you accompanying us? If so, a name would be prudent. I am Ryu, and this is my sister Aphra.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*Without even giving a name, the "elf" jumps through the portal, closely followed by May and The Pheonix. The others also file in after the, with Ryu bringing up the rear.*

May: Ok guys, the final leg of our journey has begun. Many horros await us in these lands (to self) especially the Marlins. With their new Apocalypse Walkers, the Rurikan Army will be much harder to defeat, and with their ability to pop in unnoticed, they are even deadlier. Our first task is to break their defense, starting with outpost 12. I'd have Ryu take us dirctly to the capital, but Kivicks intelligence has determined that they would be prepared, most likely holding several Apocalypse Walkers within seconds of the Throne Room and several more scattered throughout the city. Their defenses are strong, and their warriors fearless, but we must break through. If only we had a greater number specialized against such evil...

ooc: hey doc man, hint, hint! bring on the skin and bring on the coin, wait, that sounded just wrong...

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
OOC: *looks around desperately for this "coin" and realizes that either Tacitus has no idea what he's talking about, or I have lost said "coin" somewhere along the way...* What...? Did Devenar or someone give Ryu a special "coin" or something? Maybe Trias, but... that doesn't make sense. Or is the coin the gift given by TYSOn's human half and the skin from the demon half or vise-a-versa? Bah, I'll just say he has them.
BOT:
[color=royal blue]
Ryu: *gripping his Bag of Infinite Space* May...
May: Yes...?
Ryu: You just gave me an idea.

Ryu pulls out two items from the bag tied to his side. One is a scrap of skin, and the other is an oddly shaped coin (there, I just made that up -- I think...). He looks at them for a moment before sighing and activating them.

Ryu: Yemmeth and Aboden will be here soon.
Aphra: You've called them?
May: Wait! Called who?
Ryu: The human and demon once known as TYSOn. They are...interesting clerics.
Tidus: You summoned a demon?!
Cloud: Isn't that...dangerous?[/color]

Kaldaris

Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
???: Oh heavens no, we used to do it all the time back in the day.

*pulls out a large tome, and throws it at thier feet*

???: Theres some history on my demon summoning alone.

*starts meditating*

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: the coin man! its all like their family emblem, the symbol for their clan if you will. The skin is just Yemeth's regrets. For future reference (heuss i should have said something) you activate the Tatoo by concentrating a regret upon it (Ryu is bound to have a few) and for the coin, you simply toss it into the air and either Abaden or Fallen will catch it.

*A large Symbol forms on the ground as Ryu concentrates on the scrap of skin, glowing a deep blue, a green mist begins to fill the area. As for the coin, when Ryu tosses it into the air, suddenly, a demonic claw snatches it out of the air. The claw floats there for a moment before ripping a tear in the very planes right before them, out steps a medium sized demon, maybe 6 feet with a huge flaming mace and a gauntlet on his left hand. A moment later the ground ruptures in the center of the symbol as a grey skinned, heavily scarred human crawls up from below. Yemeth and Abaden have arrived.*

Yemeth: Ryu old friend! What has gone so horribly wrong that you've called for assistance, from both of us no less?

Abaden: I was right in the middle of killing some of The Slaughterer's followers.

Ryu: I must apoligize for having to bring you here, but we need some help. We're planning a siege on the Rurikan Kingdom. They hold many undead within their ranks, and I thought you two would be of assistance to us in this instance.

*May has been staring at the horrible scarring covering Yemeth's body*

Yemeth: Don't worry, none of them hurt, much. I've gotten quite used to the stares I get.

May: I'm sorry, but its just a little hard to believe that someone with as many scars as you can still be living, you look almost as a zombie.

Yemeth: You know, i get that alot.

Abaden: Could I ask why exactly have we been summoned here?

May: Oh, yes sorry. As Ryu said, we're going to invade the Kingdom of Rurika. The main problem is this: they have a new form of undead which seems to appear from no where, even in anti-magical zones, and decimate the forces of both the neutral townships and the Kortuganorians. These abominations are known as the Apocalypse Walkers. The only time they have been seen is running from battle after wiping out large numbers of infantry. They appear as The Tarrasque, but slightly less so. We are just about to start the siege, are you with us?

Yemeth and Abaden (in unison): Lets do it!

*Each begin to glow in a dull aura, one white, the other pitch black. Yemeth pulls forth a mace that seems to be a living snake with wings that are folded inwards, every once in a while it twitches in his hands. The guantlet glows with a deep red light as Abaden grips his flaming mace tightly.*

Abaen and Yemeth: Direct our wrath!

May: Ok then, CHARGE!

*The Pheonix runs forward to siege the gates while the others stay back until the gate is breached*

Status
Not open for further replies.