Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaldaris

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
*Aramazil simply sighs, and pulls a seed out of a pouch to his side*

Aramazil: No need to show your true power just yet.

-SEED: Earth and Life-

*Aramazil mutter a few syllabyles and tosses the seed to the ground, an enormous Shambling Mound is brought up where the SEED is.*

Aramazil: See the mages? No friend. Crush them.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: ...and how exactly do you propse they get even close enough to the mages to harm them? First of all theres the magic/force mine field, then the magically reinforced walls, which will return any damage upon attacking them. no coming in from above, theres a roof, can't come in from below, forgot why exactly...I think the best thing to do would be to get May down. I will give the courses of action
A. kill mages, spell will end
B. get together 3 powerful mages and have them counter the spell with their own dispelling ritual and the spell will end
C. destroy the sky (not likely...)
D. kill May (you do, you die...)

A and B will result in her being released, but she'll fall, needs to be caught somehow...
C and D are not going to be happening if you know whats good for you

and BAM, i thought you were going to edit that, cause there are 6 DOZEN mummies, you know, that whole epic level undead raising thing...

BOT:
*The three mages stare at the dragon that towers over them*

Mage 1: You think that such a pitiful transformation can assist you here?

*with several flashes of light the stadium created for Ryu grows to an enormous size, while remianing the same from the outside. Each of the mages summons forth great dragons to assist them. a total of five between the three. As soon as the summoning is complete all five dragons and three mages disappear. Ryu is caught off his gaurd and is unable to completely dodge the breath attacks from all the dragons and the spells that the mages throw at him. With a blinding flash Ryu becomes stuck to the ceiling, as per a Inverted Gravity spell centered around him.*

~~outside~~

*Crack and Ashes rush into the mine field and begin smashing the wall of force surrounding Burn. Each strike sends them flying backwards a few feet. They relentlessly beat on the wall of force.*

~~back inside~~
*The mages can feel Crack and Ashes beating on the wall of force and they can feel the effects of each hit, like hammers smashing at their brains*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
OOC: I edited, though not much :D I used up all Ryu's Hellballs though (but he can create more ;))
BOT:
[color=royal blue]I knew those fields of force would be their downfall. Now I just have to handle these false dragons! Ryu unleashes his own breath attack, surprising the mages. Though on the ceiling, the breath attack is able to strech out and encompass all five dragons. They take a lot of damage, as Ryu's breath attacks seems to use multiple elemental forces.

Ryu: I see. This should be interesting.
Mage1: *only to other mages* This isn't good.
Mage2: *same* No, it isn't.
Mage3: *same* That infernal Pheonix!

The dragons seem to be feeling the effect of their weakening summoners. Ryu takes this to advantage as he casts a gravitational spell on the field to give himself an advantage. The mages and dragons feel heavy as Ryu has increased the field gravitational field. It also reverses the effects of the reverse gravity on him. Ryu catches his fall and lands on the ground, feeling some pain in his legs, which recieved some of his worst burns. Ryu looks at the mages as they are now feeling two sources of pain. Pheonix hammering at their brains, and this gravity weakening their resolve.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*The mages think for a mement on the best course of action before finally speaking out.*

Mage 1: We must commend you on your efforts here today, yet it is not enough.

*The dragons burst with darkness and explode with unholy energies, the mages absorbing what life force they has left within them. Each mage stands normally, unaffected by the abnormal gravity, and rushes at Ryu. Darkness fills the arena, even Ryu's superior eyesight cannot pierce the darkness. From the outside the Outpost seems to be folding in upon itself. When it reaches the size of a fist it, all the force mines begin to glow with a red light. Before anyone can act all the mines explode, along with the outpost, leveling the terrain for miles. The only things left standing are Pheonix. May remains Nailed to the Heavens, a broken Ryu sits in a crater with slashes across his entire body, a section of a dragon's tail lies a few feet away, his dragon tail. As for the rest of the group, they were caught in the explosion, and all were injured, but none mortally. Aphra's Sanctuary blocked a great deal of the damage. As the flames and bright light finally has faded away, soot begins to fall from the sky, blanketing the heroes and the entire area for miles. These mages must have been much more than what they seemed...*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Aphra spent much time healing everyone, starting with Ryu. She did not want him to die again in such short a period. His tail twitches a bit, as she heals him, and it eventually moves closer to Ryu and disappears. When Ryu is able to stand, he nods to his sister. She moves on to the others, and Ryu stares up at the sky. When he believes his energy is ready for a quick knock, he begins a ritual -- by himself! He looks at may and casts the one ritual spell he knows will release her. When he sees her falling, he runs over to where she will land and catches her. The impact causes him to topple over, dragging May and himself into a full out rolls.

Aphra: *when they stop* Ryu! May!
Ryu: *sitting himself* Well... That was fun. I'll heal May. I have enough energy.

Ryu begins healing May as Aphra attends to the others. I knew what those mages were! And yet I didn't do what I should have. Ryu sits in contemplation when May's wounds are gone. He allows a smile to come across his face when he realizes that he'll need to ask May and Aphra to use some Elite spells.

Ryu: *looking up* I was hoping to avoid that. *shaking head* I'll have to do it. If I had done what I should have, we wouldn't need to worry about them anymore...[/color]

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
OoC: Um... Arg? It seems that I WASN'T signed up for this thread............

*With a spray of earth, three massive bodies explode from the ground. You catch a glimpse of a slightly humanoid body with a distinct resemblance to a dinosaur mixed in before they charge into the group. The roar inhumanly loud, revealing a maw of saber-like teeth to match their similarily equipped claws.*

-=Elsewhere=-

Giles: Brother..... I'm surprised at your recent actions.

*The two brothers are in a barely lit room deep in the bowels of some dungeon or another. William returns his brother's statement with silence, his dark eyes staring unblinkingly in the walls.*

Giles: Brother, what do you plan to do with the girl.

*He speaks of Tsukin`asu. The girl sits at the bottom of a large hourglass, her eyes are closed and she is not breathing.*

William: Leave

Giles: What???

William: I SAID LEAVE BROTHER

Giles: ...

*Giles leaves and the torches go out, shrouding the room in darkness once again.*

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*Yemeth turns to face this new foe.*

Yemeth: Looks like we have some restless sleepers.
Abaden: Lets take 'em down!

*With a flash of light a great Hellhound leaps from the deep shadows extending from Yemeth's scarred figure. It immediately pounces on Yemeth.*

Yemeth: Puppy! Good boy! Yes it has been a long time, hasn't it?
Abaden: Shall we return to the matter at hand?
Yemeth: Oh, yeah. Black Claw, Attack!

*The Hellhound rushesforward with demonic speed and pounces on one of the creatures. Yemeth immidiately sets up a Sanctuary spell. The sun flashes brightly and a great, flaming, golden hand descends from the sky, shielding Yemeth, May, and the others from battle. Abaden rushes forward, Bastard Sword flaming as he strikes at the closest creature.*

Abaden: I've got a sleep aid, right here.

Kaldaris

Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
OOC: Ok Im lost, could someone please explain whats going on? I suppose explaining is better then a confused Lich trying to do something.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: the three mages beat up Ryu and left

now Jans has introduced a new foe, i have given him permission to make modifications to the Rurikan army here and there

these new foes are supposed to be undead, but from the description he gave, I am unsure. Yemeth and Abaden (previously called upon by Ryu) are taking action against these foes. Yemeth on the defense with a sanctuary spell , Abaden is on the offensive. Black Claw, the Hellhound, is the companion of Yemeth (actually TYSOn, but whatever...) and Black Claw is also attacking the foes.

the whole thing i'm trying to shpw is that Yemeth and Abaden fight extremely well together, perfect defense, strong offense...

BOT:
*One of the creatures leaps at the Sanctuary errected by Yemeth, but is thrown back by a flash of light and the roar of flames. Abaden Swings his sword at the creature that was sent flying and slams him back into the Sanctuary wall, further damaging him.*

Yemeth and Abaden (in unison): The light and darkness consumes!

*The fighting rouses May to consciousness. While unable to stand, she is now aware of the surroundings and what is happening, barely able to speak.*

May: Whats going on? These creatures, what are they?

Kaldaris

Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Aramazil: Well, it looks these too are deep into thier casting..

*Aramazil pulls out a seed out of pouch, sits down and starts whspering aracane symbols, floating up and down, his aura is one of sheer horror and power as he continues to charge up the seed*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu: They're a new undead creature from the Rurikens.
May: *shaking her head* What happened?
Ryu: I underestimated our...previous foes.

Do I want to reveal what they were? Ryu looks around for a moment. He looks at Aphra, still weakened from all the healing spells she had to cast. He forces himself to stand, but promptly is forced to kneel. At least I'm moving again...

May: How'd I get down?
Ryu: I cast a ritual spell.
May: There aren't any more mages here?
Ryu: *looking down* I did it alone.
May: What?!
Aphra: Don't worry. He's done such before.
Ryu: Yeah... *looking up suddenly* Tsukin`asu?
Aphra: You sense her?
Ryu: Hmm? I know that spell...
May: What spell?
Ryu: *shaking himself out of a light daze* Nothing! Nothing...

Ryu quickly forms a bow and pulls a bow out. Yemmeth looks at him and shakes his head in a negative geasture. He doesn't want Ryu to attack and lift the Sanctuary from him.

Ryu: Okay... *reabsorbing the bow* I guess I'll let Abaden handle this.

Ryu attempts to stand again, and this time is able to keep to his feet. He feels his stamina starting to take hold again. Looks like I'm going to have to get serious. I'll tell them! I have to...

Ryu: Listen... May... Aphra... I need you to do something for me.
May and Aphra: Yes?
Ryu: I need you to prepare your most powerful spells. When we meet those...mages again... I need your help so that I don't repeat the same mistake.
Aphra: What mistake?
Ryu: Not taking care of them quickly enough. Pheonix had them, and I didn't destroy those weak dragons fast enough. I didn't think they'd be able to unsummon like that.
May: Ryu... What were they?
Ryu: *an "this is stupid" smile on his face* An Evil I had hoped to keep friends, allies, and family from.
May: RYU!! I want a straight answer!

During the short pause that seems like an eternity, Ryu is able to watch his friends from long ago, Yemmeth and Abaden, fight the undead sent by the Ruriken army. He realizes that Darz is such a mage to create undead like this, and the Marlin brothers... They are likely to go along with such a plan. Ryu turns to May and takes in a deep breath as he knows he must answer.[/color]

OOC: I know what they are, but others might not :p I left it to Tacitus to decide if we tell everyone else now or not. :D We can have him "answer" but leave it blank (basically have "knowing what they were up against this time, they prepare themselve..." kind of thing). Later!

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*May stops Ryu before he can speak*

May: I know what it is that you sepak of. Lets us not utter its name here. We have suffered much already from them. Lets push it out of mind until we can deal with these abominations and rest up. Once we have recuperated you can tell us more of your "experience."

~~meanwhile~~

*Abaden grabs one of the creatures with his gauntletted, clawed hand. Within moments the entire creature has Disintegrated with a dim red light from the Guantlet. Black Claw pounces at the least injured one, pinning it to the ground. Abaden Walks over calmly to smash it skull and dismember it, but the remaining one leaps at his back. The Hand explodes with light as great a powerful Flame Strike Hits the creature and sends it flying. The Sanctuary is gone for the moment, yet both creatures are occupied*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Abaden and Yemmeth quickly dispatch the two creatures. Ryu can tell both have been worn, but he doesn't say anything as they would prefer it not to be known. He, able to hold himself up now, opens a portal to a safe town.

Ryu: I agree with May that we need rest.

Everyone walks through, some not fully realizing the danger they will be facing soon enough. Most head to a inn as quickly as they can, considering their weariness and light injuries -- after Aphra had healed them anyway. Ryu and Aphra share a room, and he watches over her as she sleeps. He is in a meditative state, wounds healing at an amazing rate. Aphra is sleeping heavily. Ryu understands everyone's fatigue, and prepares himself. I'll need this spell. I'll talk with May and Aphra in the morning.[/color]

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
*A guard on the wall of the neutral town blinks.*

Guard 1:Hey... do you see something moving around out there?
Guard 2: What? No I don't see anyt... wait, yeah I do.
Guard 1 (shouts): Light the towers! There's something out there!

*Another guard complies and lights the large signal flames placed along the walls. The flickering orange glow is cast across the surrounding fields.*

Guard 2: Gods above! THE UNDEAD ARE MARCHING ON THE TOWN!!!

*With a slow power akin to that of the tide, the dead pull themselves from the ground and march towards the city. Other, larger Undead creatures, perhaps lagging members of the Rhurikan Army, perhaps ancient things grown from mass graves or old cemetary, glow with evil intent.*

Guard 1: GET THE OTHER INSIDE! GET THE OTHERS INSIDE!!!

*But it's too late, the undead swarm over any living being outside the walls and rend it limb from limb. Moments later, the newly dead rise to add to their ranks...*

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*May jumps out of her bed, a pounding headache ripping at her brain. Pheonix bursts into her room, she immediately looks up.*

May: Go! Defend the gates!
Pheonix: On our way.

*As they are leaving May places several small plates of stone on their backs. With several small flashes of light an aura surrounds them, an immolation aura of pure Holy Energies. May slowly makes her way outside, she has recovered most of her strength and she has supressed her ability to Detect Undead.*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Pheonix, upon arriving at the gate, are surprised to see Ryu already there. He stands, poised for battle. A golden armor surrounds him, and he holds a sword and shield in hand -- completely ready for battle.

Pheonix: Master Ryu? Are you ready for battle?
Ryu: Unfortunately... More than May at the moment.

Ryu casts Protection from Undead and Protection from Evil. He then casts Group Improved Haste. After he adds a few more layers of armor through Ghost Armor and others, he begins to cast illusionary spells. Before he is done, Ryu is blurred, mirrored, and copied.

Ryu: *both* This should even the odds a bit.
Pheonix: As it stands, it is still unknown to five.
Ryu: I have a feeling that will change.

As Pheonix look to the gate, the spot an unusual happening. Ryu seems to sprout wings, though ethereal, in his human form. They dismiss this, believing it to be impossible. Ryu stands ready to send the undead masses back where they belong. He also prepares a special gift from Devenar. A spell that targets a specific type of being and repels them. He begins the incantations necessary to repulse all undead.

Ryu: I just hope our new...ally doesn't show up.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*Crack pick up Ashes and throws him over the walls, much like a cannonball, he is followed closely by Burn. Ashes rolls through the ranks of undead, crushing many benath his sheer weight, others being severely harmed by his aura. Crack claimbs the wall with extreme speed and flings himself over the top, also rolling himself into a large cannonball-like sphere. They reach what seems to be the center of the main host and stand ready to battle, each producing huge weapons from seemingly nowhere. Within moments they begin piling up huge mound of slightly twitching bodies. Soon Pheonix begins striking anything that moves. By this time May has made it to the gates. She climbs to the top of the walls and prepres to Unleash a barage of spells upon the incoming army. Small wisps of flame begin dancing around her head*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]May looks up when she sees a flash of gold and sees Ryu, seemingly hovering above the walls. He looks upon the masses of undead with an odd, unforgiving look on his face. Before she can mutter a word, or even cast a spell, Ryu unleashes a ball of such holy energies that many undead crackle and burn form shear sight of the globe. When it crashes down upon the masses, Pheonix is left unscaved, but Ryu looks to be worn. May looks at him for just a moment more, but she quickly turns her attention back to the task at hand. She notes that the mound is completely disintegrated and many of the "living" undead are injured. The injured are nearly dead, but many, injured or not, did burn off in the attack. There are still, however, masses.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*With a flash of flame, a huge Firestorm rages through the remaining ranks of the undead. Many that were not injured by the flames catch fire from other nearby undead which had caught fire. Soon a raging inferno fills the enitre battlefield Pheonix rolls up into three balls to defend against the flames. She collapses to the ground as soon as the spell ends, the Gem glowing with a deep red light.*

May (weakly): Tell, Pheonix, "Cleansing Flames." must cleanse...

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu looks upon the scene and begins casting low level spells. May recognizes that Ryu hasn't fully recovered yet; though, he puts on a brave face. Ryu slowly decends to the gate and stands just seven meters from May. He looks at Pheonix, feeling a strange sensation. He casts a quick gaze toward May before he casts Flame Arrows into the undead masses.[/color]

Status
Not open for further replies.