P~Underestimated Scouts on money map

Gionta

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Underestimated Scouts on money map

In my own opinion, Scout is the most underestimated unit on money map. Since about 1 year, the only thing I do on money map is mass scouts. My record is 203W 86L. Most of the time is was 3v3 or 2v2 o clut map. You guys cannot imagine how many good players ive surprised with mass scouts. My job is always to be the cash and specific buildings killer. I usually dont go on the front with scouts caus im gonna get rape by mass goons,hydras or goliats. But bring mutas, devour, Battlecruiser and Carriers, im gonna own them all. Its the perfect unit to kill miners, destroy tactical buldings and harrasing ppl and during this time my partner is taking care of the middle map.

Lots of ppl laught at me when I tell them that im going mass scouts and im pretty happy to shut their mouth at the end of the game.

Im not saying that this is the perfect strats.. Im getting own sometimes. But its pretty fun to crush down a zerg player economy , Den, Spire, pool and do the same thing to his partner...

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Maybe you played too many opponents who go carriers/BCs in every game. Scouts are only good for killing capitals, but lose horribly to sairs/valks. All-in-all, scouts suck. Hence, they are one of the most UNDERUSED units in competitive gaming. Besides, carrier/corsair/arbiter do just fine without scouts. Mass scouts gets own by just about anything. When my opponents do have enough scouts to counter my carriers, I simply don't attack with them, then what good will your scouts do? Or I can just pair them with sairs and you can kiss your scouts good-bye.

Gionta

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, I know perfectly that scouts can be own by lots of other units. And actually ive played against tons of different kind of players. Im just saying that when i do mass scouts, its only for one purpose, Do hit and run on miners, kill capitals and destroy tactical buildings. For the rest my partners will take care of it. My stats are there to show you that this strats could be very effective. I don't play Noob game actually. I know for a fact that Mass Scouts and mass Guardians combo do a lots of damage, Tanks and scouts as well.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Actually, temps/reavers do better than scouts at killing miners. I never said you played noobs, I just said you probably played too many people who go carriers/BCs in every game if you think scouts are so good. For example, if you build scouts pre-emptively to counter carriers/BCs and your opponent doesn't go for either then you wasted 275/125 for each scout because they don't serve ANY other purpose in the game as a whole. And if you make scouts as a REACTION to carriers, it's game over for you anyway. Anyone who knows how to micro their carriers will beat scouts because carriers can fire on the move whereas scouts cannot. I can just pull out of range while pelting your few scouts with interceptors as they move into range, again. Even if someone used BCs, just a handful of valks will smoke scouts. That's all I'm sayin'. You'd be better off using arbiters/temps against carriers and carriers/temps against BCs. As for guardians, again, no need for scouts, since sairs are cheaper. But the main point is skill level. Maybe no has told you this already, but stats are meaningless.

Gionta

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Actually, I never had any problem against Valk with 48 fully upgraded scouts... I can send you lots of replays if you want to show you what im doing.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
seems to me hes beating them by suprising them with a stupid tactic

Gionta

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You are right amrtin77, this tactic is stupid but surprising... Most ppl always mass the same things Btc,carriers, hydras,goons... I mass Scouts caus its fun , rare and very effective if your patners are good.. Geez been playing since 1998 , I got tired of the classic goons, carriers, revers drop etc.....

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Gionta, you realized you just proved my point, right? Sure , you can send me some of reps.

Gionta

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well , I need a no rush 20 to do that Tiger.

Gonna send you replays tonight Phoenix2003.

aphextwin

Reaction score
scouts are only good for killing air units only.... they get pwned by mnm ez

eSc0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
didnt u guys hear that he uses them for money maps?

scouts are good because they pump out fast and can be sent in
as suiciders to kill their main command center, nexus or hatchery.

its a good strategy although u need some more units in there too

i would advise u to get about 6 arbiters with static field because it can do alot of damage if the enemies are all massing capital ships. also have about 4 reavers in the middle to try to help out in the middle because u can never expect ur partners to do it otherwise ur gonna end up losing when ur stuck with a noob(s)

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Arguing whether a unit is good on money maps is pointless since scouts are cost-ineffective. You can say the same for BCs or ghosts, DAs or any other underused unit or spell(EMP shockwave).

eSc0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
no because a bc takes a lot longer than a scout to build

its not entirely about the money but how fast u can build and which army has the best counters.

the problem i see here is that theres a misconception that it only takes massing hydras,goons,bc,carriers or whatever else u think which is wrong. u know urself that theres a counter for each unit so what happens if the other player has all tanks when u go all hydras?

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Making scout is waste of time and money. It takes 80 seconds to make a scout.
You think that's fast?

And you got to make fleet beacon(300m, 200g) to upgrade speed(200m, 200g), and sight range(100m, 100g)

Let's say you are going to make 12 scouts. upgrade speed, and sight range. You are going to need 3500 minerals, and 1800 minerals. that's waste of money man, I'd make High Templars if i had that money.

P.S.- It takes 40 seconds to make a corsair.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Gionta
Well , I need a no rush 20 to do that Tiger.
whoever plays no rush 20 is a newbie....

scouts aren't worth it....

so what if you destroy their main base, and main structures??
Since you play nr20...it doesn't make a big difference whether you destroy those structures because your opponent will have a huge pile of cash sitting there with a bunch of workers still mining

and there are many different counters to scouts

eSc0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i play rush and nr. scouts do come in handy.

p.s. i upgrade almost everything just in case i have to switch from ground to air or vice versa.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
dude people still do nr 20 minutes? i never listen to that and rush any way