P~Underestimated Scouts on money map

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
If you're not going to follow the rules in a rules game, why not join a no rules game instead?

RATMex_B

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Phoenix2003
Arguing whether a unit is good on money maps is pointless since scouts are cost-ineffective. You can say the same for BCs or ghosts, DAs or any other underused unit or spell(EMP shockwave).
Whoa, EMP shockwave is an underused spell?
My opinion is, that high templar is the ultimate unit, but when the enemy can use the EMP well (I met one once), you can say bye-bye to using stroms and playing for protoss becomes then very difficult.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It is. You're just gonna have to trust me on this one, for now. So much so that I can even go archons without the threat of SVs.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
I have never really thought of that. All of the Protoss vs Terran games that I have played, only on rare occurnances did the Terran use EMP. The exception to this rule is if it is late game and he is trying to spend all of his resources, then he will pump some Science Vessels.

Crazy Demon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Must destroy... Scouts...with probes...Huh?
Nm. Anyway,*stands up and trys to look important*, even though I'm a noob in SC, I think that scouts are pretty crappy. There firing rate is slow and almost any f-ing unit that can attack air can beat em. They suck against land and all you have to do is stop building captial ships when the enemy is massing scouts. Bring in some goons or M&M, and no more scouts.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yup, true dat. This tells me that people who go scouts regularly to counter carrs/BCs that their opponents don't scout them making mass scouts.(no pun intended)

[Berious]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if your playing money maps then solo-scouts isnt worht the time. I went scout/sair last night on a nr20 game. mass Guards/devs Tore me up. using goons/scouts is fairly effective. Sairs are an easy counter to practiclly any air unit, there splash damage is deadly towards scouts. Also, Science vessels using there yellow fuzzy junk on your little scouts.

It really isnt worth solo-massing scouts, because ofcourse, there really are too many counters. They are great air-support with corsairs.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Science Vessel's Irradiate, doesn't work on mechenical units. Such as Scouts. and Im my opinion, Scouts suck. It's a garbage. I'd probably make em if i have enough gas and minerals. (maybe around 1000~2000) and while you're making em, you have to have strong ground supporting units before even thinking about going Scouts. It's pointless, unless you're raping someone badly.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I wouldn't get scouts, period. Toss air is good enough without them so I just pretend they don't exist.

Damouse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i find myself agreeing with phoenix... the world is ending... but no really lol. if ur playing a total newb, then rush scouts. or even probes. by the time u start RELYING on scouts, might as well use probes

Gemini_Bloodian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The only problem with the theory is that your assuming that they will either mass air, or surround themselves with useless defenses such as colonies or cannons. Though majority people go for the obvious strategys, such ass Carriers,Bcs, All-out defense for base, that would give you the tactical advantage.But some people, such as me, think outside the box, and use different ways to kill.

Like you use your scouts to suprise them, here is how i stand.

Zerg:Fully upgrade Hydras and Ling, send hydras in to rape defenses and units, while I send lings in to rape ground units and buildings. But,since they have fairly low hp, I decide to build massive d incase things dont work out.

Terran:I haven't though of any real strat with them. I mostly newb people with terran, by sending scvs^^

Protoss:Not to original, but send in corsairs to stop thier base d, then send in reavers,templars,archons, and dts.

This is just a basic strategy, sometimes Im forced to be like everybody else, and use the obvious strategys.

Gemini_Bloodian

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
In money maps, if i have the time and the money (I always have the money) i will plonk cannons everywhere i can, just to stop those jerks from massing Mutalisks on my Nexus.

I always go for Corsairs on money maps, because 90% of the time, you'll find that your opponent will be somewhat newbish and mass the capital ships (Carriers/BCs/Guards). If i find that my opponent is actually doing that, then i'll add Scouts into the mix.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
That's not half stupid you know, or use a Cannon push, most money mappers wont expect it.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Are you sure that game wasn't fake? I mean the only thing mass scouts would do is beat mass BCs. But then who makes BCs against toss? Even then scouts are pretty useless after that.

Damouse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok, would you either have 12 scouts or 12 reavers. 12 scouts or 6 reavers and 6 sairs. i rest my case. theres nothing left to say.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Basically scouts are usless. There is a easy counter for all races.

Zerg-Dark swarm+mass hydra(ensare if you wish, but prefered)

Terran-Mass vals+M&M

Toss-Mass Cousair.