P~has anyone ever tried a cannon rush?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I cannoned rushed once. On a money map though:( I was mega bored and decided to cannon rush. He was terran. I killed both his CCs and sup depots and he lifted off the rest:)
In the end ikilled him ezily

Richochet

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by AKA-47
Well any player with skills wont use maphacks. If u have to cheat to win, then u must really suck.
Not saying I hack...just saying that you need to hack or the cannon rush isn't going to work...it works on computers but its harder to do online.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
It wasn't ver hard for me at all, I got a Probe in early in the game and the guy didn't bother to scout his base so he was screwed over by cannons that were no real threat and by the way, this was @ Micro Jail Intense (extremely gay map).

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Richochet
Not saying I hack...just saying that you need to hack or the cannon rush isn't going to work...it works on computers but its harder to do online.
Well then u dont cannon rush against online players! It doesn't work, just like M&M vs terran or Mutas vs toss. Find a better strategy in stead of hacking.:rolleyes:

Eldrich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
miserymire.tripod.com
I remember one time some guy had a bunch of cannons at his economy and only one pylon to power them. That was an easy win, killing the pylon first, the cannons went off, then just worked from the inside out.

Cannon defense isn't really worth it while playing against people. Because the smart ones run right through it, and go straight to your economy. I found that out the hardway, when I first started on online games against real players.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Cannons in the mineral field is absolutely needed. It defends u against reaver drops, lurkers, tank drops (unless they are cliffed) and vulture sneaks. Cannons are not meant to kill the enemy's attack force, but to keep them busy until ur army arrives.

1 or 2 cannons on ur cliff is also very effective vs zerg in early game.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Is 4 Photon Cannons enough to protect your eCHonomy?

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Yes, 3 at each expansion would probarbly be enough. They are not meant to kill all the enemy's units, just keep them busy while u send units to defend.

In some cases, mass cannons can help, for example vs a zerg who masses zerglings.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Not really. If i have some expansions that are extremely important to protect i usually throw up 10 cannons or something (only vs zerg tho)

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
I mainly use Photon Cannons for Peon protection at any base I might have. That and if the enemy wants to try for Adrenilings.

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
bots are a PROGRAM that makes the b-net server think that its a user by filing out the info automaticly c

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
cannon rush requires a great deal of speed speed is one asspect that playing sc 24 hours a day all summer can get u!

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Of course, but stacking 20 cannons in ur choke is a waste of money.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I wouldnt recommend using M&M against cannons even with tank support. THey have too low hp, they die in 2 hits. Gols are a better way to go.

Btw, shrimpshark is your avatar some guy using a 'Translocator' ?