P~has anyone ever tried a cannon rush?

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
If the enemy gets a scout probe into my base i will always see it.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
How is he going to get into my base area without entering through the cliff ramp where i wall-in?

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Yes, almost everyone walls in vs toss. Im not talking about a bunker-in with tanks, im talking about 2 supply depots and a barrack on top of the cliff to stop goons from entering ur base.

Richochet

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Cannon rush works if the player goes 8 miners then build....If you pilon at 7 then go, with a map hack you should get into thier base in time...Even if you can't cannon, you can take the vespine gas, and mess with the miners, put a pilon in the mineral field, then come in with 2 zealots...It works on a 2v2, its harder to do on a 1v1.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Richochet
Cannon rush works if the player goes 8 miners then build....If you pilon at 7 then go, with a map hack you should get into thier base in time...Even if you can't cannon, you can take the vespine gas, and mess with the miners, put a pilon in the mineral field, then come in with 2 zealots...It works on a 2v2, its harder to do on a 1v1.
Well any player with skills wont use maphacks. If u have to cheat to win, then u must really suck.

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
map hack sucks i like spoofing u still get the rec but u can change the colar of ur name and stuff NOT A HACK SINCE U STILL GET THE REC!

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Actually spoofing is hacking. Battlenet didn't create the game with different font styles and someone came up with the idea of hacking the text. Just like BOTs are hackes too. Not harmful hacks, but they are.

Eldrich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
miserymire.tripod.com
Blizzard does host an application for PC users to change their font on Battle.net.

"Font Utility - An easy to use program for changing your Battle.net font
Note: This program only works with Warcraft II BNE, Diablo I, Starcraft, and Starcraft BroodWar"

Plus, besides map hacks, there are hacks that rid of the tech tree, rid the need for the supply/psi, let you get over the regular 200max supply/psi, mineral hack, speed hack, etc. The list really does go on, sadly.

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
bots arnt hacking bots are made to pretend to be a user until thay get on b-net!

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
BOTS are hacks. It is hacking into bnets servers in order to split into 2 diff connections, Its more of a program than a hack, but the program has to hack into bnets servers in order to run.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Of course bots are hacks, but they dont hurt b.net as much as maphacks.

Azncraftboi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
You should send 2 probes.. one inside the enemy base, and one in the front of it. If they make a wall, just build a couple of cannons in the front to kill it. Then when they're having a hard time making tanks/barracks, u then make some cannons inside their base..:D