P~has anyone ever tried a cannon rush?

sexynatzi

Member!
Reaction score
has anyone ever tried a cannon rush?

these are so fun and the player gets so mad, but to be quick you shud have a maphack or a player on your side with maphack. i do these every once in a while.. pretty cool =)

Ryu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Maybe in team game it is useful, in 1:1 matchups cannon rush is not advised.

Protoss players who were massing zealots during your cannon rush can set up 1 cannon to prevent you from pushing anymore cannons forward, then send all their zealots to your base which probably have ill-sufficient defense to protect if you had too many cannons made during the cannon rush. Thus, your cannons can't do any damage, while his zealots tear up your base, or at the very least slows your mineral production drastically.

Zerg players can set up a sunken easily as well since it takes less time to make a creep, then turn that creep into a sunken then it does for a cannon to finish warping. Again, if they had a group of lings, they would probably send those lings to your base while their 1 sunk prevents any further cannon push.

Terran players have the hardest time with cannon rush, unless they went quick tech (which most terran players do) where they can usually get a siege tank ready before your cannons get too close. If they didn't tech up straight to tank from the start, terran players usually just lift, and move all their essential buildings and units to a new base. This may seem bad, but it isn't since they would probably have superiour tech to you, or at least superiour army, while you now have a bunch of cannons that have nothing to destroy. Essentially wasted minerals on those cannons.

X NEO +

Member!
Reaction score
I tried Cannon Rush and everything Ryu said there, I got ready for that and even worse, but I always take out their workers with Dragoons while Cannons prevents them from running away or attacking me. I never use map hack, I EXPLORE, a thing newbies never do. Anyways, it works but if you fail, you can be sure to die. NEVER do in team games unless you are sure your allies will attack at the same time you will so the other enemies won't attack your base. It's better to do it in 1 vs 1 because you are sure that no one else will come to help the opponent but if you fail, you really need to train more. I like to do that on islands or on the maps I made named CKA's Favorite 1-2-3. Its like Ice Hunters but in Space with elevated platforms for the bases. I Zealot rush but I don't attack, I accumulate Zealots in the enemy base, when I got 1 Zealot in the base, using the entrace but hiding in that HUGE base, I bring a Probe and build Cannons. Then, I build a Gateway and a Nexus. I siege in that base and always try to get closer to workers. Does not really work in team games because the other enemy will send some troops to help. The best way to succeed is to concentrate on "stealing" the enemy base. Blocking the entrace is the best thing to do. Once few Cannons are warped, suiciding Zealots to explore is a good way to know if you should stop now or continue. If the opponent has everything to destroy Cannons, Zealots and Dragoons, then you better stop. If the opponent is getting Transportation, you better take control of more bases, like I always say... EXPAND!!
OMG, this post is 1640 characters long without the signature!!

Xel

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i dont cannon rush i only fill my bnase with them then find a new place tio make a new base

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
when u say explore icouldn't agree more. thats what the corsiar is good for, fast disruption web. it is a little further in the game so if u want to rush it ain't to great to use. i use it to scout. and i dispise cannon rushs, sunken push, tower rushes in war 3. i realy think its tacky and if im terran u have no chance to do it cause i get tanks faster than u can build a probe.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Xel
i dont cannon rush i only fill my bnase with them then find a new place tio make a new base
Then have Siege Tanks, Reavers, or Guardians (maybe Cracklings or Ultralisks) wipe them out?

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
I wouldn't reccomend a cannon rush on any "real" map. There fun to use on a money map every now and then, but a smart player would always scout and that leaves you in a bind.

The funniest time i ever pulled off a cannon rush was when I took a probe into my enemys base at the begining, and put it in the bottom right corner of his base. Then I got a forge and began to build cannons up. Not alot just about 13 or 14. While i had cannons building I had goons being made. When the newb, which was zerg noticed them he panicked and made alot of lings and focused on taking out the cannons in his base, which were'nt a treat. The reason I say it wasn't a threat is because they couldnt attack his base, they were at the bottom away from everything else.
When I had 10 zealots and 8 goons I attacked. He was so worried about the cannons that all he had was 8 hatcheries and a spawining pool. So you can imagine how easily I wiped him out :)

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
lol

i alwas win if i use cannon rush its easy just mess with there head enogh

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
A good player will be able to stop a cannon rush by killing the probe early. Any good player will try to kill the enemy's scouting probe so they will see if they hide one in their base.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
I had goons being made
Zerglings seriously own goons so that would have been a bad move if he knew what he was doing :)

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Exactly, but you think he can stop 50 goons with 18 lings? But anyway it was a stupid move to go with goons, but he was being owned by cannons and he obliviously didn't know what he was doing :D

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
rush

Rush with zelots to distract the kid whale ur setting up a cannon rush.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
A zealot rush can be stopped by a wall, so u have to get ur probe into the enemy's base long before the zealots. It doesnt work.