P~Dark Templar stratergies

JLeeAZN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
that depends on how early u get them...as i said b4

if u playing a 3v3 o clue no rules game

getting dark temps would be a good way to go :)

~JLeeAZN~

Damouse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i find dts are not better 4 anything then decoy, but w/e...
if ur really obbsessed, get "showy" units 2 scare an opponent, like carriers and arbs, and then drop or r/call the temps in

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I dunno. Dt drops are quite powerful pvt.
As well as sair/dt in pvz.
And they're used frequently in pvp.

Damouse, learn how to play this game before making a big fool of yourself.

Damouse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Phoenix? u no what? bite me. ever heard of a strategy? y dont u learn how 2 b good, and then post here. lurks can dominate an army of dts w/ ease, and so can ultras. Siege tanks w/ turrets and rines r unstoppable. and a well placed emp can scatter the dts. jesus phoenix. mayb ur good w/ temps, but the last time i lost to a guy who used temps obsessivly, i got bsed first by my whole team.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
sry, but dts > ultras.
dts > rines.(in one shot, too)
The whole idea behind sair/dt is that the sairs are killing the overlords.
You get emp in a tvp? your opponents must really suck.
That sucky spell is so easy to dodge it's not even funny. Oh well, I guess ran newbies like you will pretty much swear by it. I seriuosly laugh at my terran opponents for using it nowadays. You have a nice day, now.

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
phoenix....emp are needed vs mass carrier tvp --; in late game alot of player uses it ( we should 1:1 to see if u can get carrier and even then if i can use emp on them )
damouse, if u ever play sc you would know that dt are pretty strong itself, even without sheild it can still be deadly due to 40 attack --; if you ever play pvt and use the stove, DT are what makes u win the game, not the arb itself (even tho this point can be argued over the harassment of DT) --;

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Awww, did I hurt ur whittle feelings when I said emp sucks?(because it does)
Is ur terran ego hurting?
And no, emp isn't used much at all. Whatever games ur watching, it isn't sc/bw.
Like I said before, it's just overrated. I guess you're one of those stubborn rans who just believe what they want.

Damouse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
phoenix u ass it doesnt matter. sum ppl just r good w/ dts, and sum suk. i think ur in the latter by ur ****iness, but have u ever thought the zerg might have devourers and hydras? ever driven a large amnt of dts into a zerg base when all the overs are ded, and then die to a couple of hydras hiding bhind buildings? do that, or the same vs. gols, tanks, or spider mines, and then cum talk 2 me about sucking, losing, and getting ur ass kicked....

oh yea, u talk bout stubborn rans. thats cuz its the truth. and i think i want to belive the truth very blindly. goddamn hypocrite

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dt are not meant to be offensive striker unless it is usable, thier maninly for harass, damouse if u send in dt to attack ur a idiot

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
this is a replay that shows DT harass, even tho it seemed like little but the DT delayed the zerg enough with the expos :O

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'd have to agree with Phoenix. 1)DTs are useful 2) EMP sux.

I've never tried to dodge an Emp but even if I were hit, I would still do damage.

When you're getting DTs, one thing you might do is send a probe to a remote location and then build a pylon, citadel, and archive so that the opponent can' t find it.

Also, you might want to send in goons to attack the defense, while the darks just slip in. Unless there're mines or overlords. Destroy cannons/turrets first, workers next, then straight for command center. Or you might just change or modify that, lol.

I've seen Nal_Ra do an excellent DT and Sair rape, just make sure you kill all of the overlords.

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
emp rapes carrier/temp combo in late game where u have to rely on golie if wraith can't be executed

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ha, yeah right about the emp thing cg. You keep telling yourself that.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by CuteGuyNo.1
emp rapes carrier/temp combo in late game where u have to rely on golie if wraith can't be executed
How do you manage to get that much gas when you don't even have enough gas to make wraiths.

EMP doesn't matter, I'd be careless if i got hit by it or not. I'd just simply fly away where Goliaths(bad AI) can't reach em and own em there..

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if u can't get enough starport to make enough wraith, you have to rely on golie ( which get countered by storm, this is how emp comes into play )

Damouse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
still think dts are wanting on the strike, but mayb its me. id rather have a handful of goons then dts, tho

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
in a Pvt Dt's early on will cripple them for the latter part of the game (most people just leave with 3 or 4 DT's running around their base because its hard to counter, though any good player would just attack the building the dt's are attacking with a seige tank.)

In a PvZ Tech to sairs fast, kill overlords while dt's rape them. Sairs fast vs Zerg prevents them from any real marco

Damouse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
that works, but zerg will still have sum back up. its not like lords are the only detectors zerg has. sum well placed hydras (like b hind the spors) and/ or lurks cud annihilate the dts. and same goes 4 terran. tanks/gols+rines+missle= dt pain. specially if rines have upgd armor. i think if u get 2 or 3 armor it takes 2 hits 4 dts. that might slow them down. and mines'll send them all to hell...